AR - Steven Mitchell, Pedophile, 44, Doesn't Like His Status

AzPistonsGirl

Reaction score
Just, no words... hate to have his picture there even.

Molested several male students; disgusting plea deal; no prison time; now wants, well, you can read the rest...

Former teacher wants his sex-offender level reduced

c7645952-f98a-4120-a7a4-5a985ddf7e31-Steven_Mitchell_44pinev.jpeg

A former Melbourne High School agriculture teacher who admitted to sexually assaulting students, and received a sweetheart plea deal that saw him receive no prison time, is now suing the state in hopes of seeing his sex-offender level reduced.

Steven Mitchell originally faced five felony charges, including two counts of solicitation to commit first-degree sexual assault, two counts of second-degree sexual assault and one count of sexual indecency with a child.

The 44-year-old Pineville man also was charged with eight misdemeanors, including five counts of indecent exposure and three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

On the day the trial was set to begin in August of 2005, Mitchell's attorneys worked out a plea deal with then-Prosecuting Attorney Don McSpadden. Mitchell entered guilty pleas on two counts of second-degree sexual assault. The rest of the charges were dropped...

...Mitchell says in multiple letters to the state, he wants his name removed from the central registry of sex offenders. Should the state grant Mitchell's request, the community would no longer be notified if Mitchell changes his place of residence or employment.

Additionally, if his name is removed from the central registry, anyone searching for Mitchell's name on sex offender databases would not be able to locate Mitchell. Were Mitchell's request to be removed from the central register to be granted, the only digital records of his crimes would be media accounts of his arrest, plea bargain and appeal.

Arkansas has a BAD track record , A man named Truman Russell was an owner of my kindergarten/nursery school in 1972 he was convicted for molesting several of the children , I testified in court I was 7, he was convicted did 2 years and went right back to running the school I don't have a link but its in the Northwest Arkansas times archive online / 40 years later I am still so angry I had his memorial removed on find a grave ...After I typed a few last really bad words for his Family to see (the Wife knew what was going on ) then I felt bad for the kids ....Anyhow it would be national news now days if he were allowed to carry on in the daycare .... anyway it seems there are so many of these type things there and no one bats an eye!!!!

@sloane7777 I am so sorry this happened to you. You are very brave to share your story and please know that so many believe, love and support you. I hope you've found the support and help to process your abuse.

I grew up in a small Midwestern town and there were sooooo many unreported sex offenders and child abusers (physical, because mental like I endured was just "strict" or "strong" parenting. Of the few who were brought to justice my 5th grade flag football was one. Horrible man who preyed on the poorest and most vulnerable of the kids on his teams.

Hope that you have found peace, regardless of your path to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back