Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JACKSON COUNTY, Ark.- The man accused of killing Sydney Sutherland is being held on no bond

According to the prosecutor, the first court appearance for Quake Lewellyn in connection to Sutherland’s death is a probable cause hearing for capital murder, rape and kidnapping.

According to a special agent with Arkansas State Police, Lewellyn was traveling westbound on County Road 41 saw Sutherland walking and passed by. According to the special agent, Lewellyn turned around, returned to where Sutherland was, abducted her, put her in the back of his pick-up truck and sexually assaulted her.

Lewellyn arrived to the Jackson County Courthouse wearing a bullet-proof vest.

UPDATE: Suspect arrested in connection to Sydney Sutherland’s death being held without bond | KARK

I suppose he confessed to all of it once he was brought in. I will never understand how a human can turn to such animalistic and brutal acts. Lack of impulse control- had everything in the world and insisted on taking what wasn’t his.

I am glad her family can put her to rest and doesn’t have to face years of uncertainty.
It seems LE did a great job of putting on the pressure so he would break and tell the ugly truth.

Question.

I’m sure authorities will look closely at Quakes devices. I wonder how much his location data will come in to play? As we see in the Daybell/Vallow case, cell phone pings place the suspects in the area where bodies were found. That can happen here too. Not just with Sydney, but with other cases. For instance, if Quake had his phone with him and he’s responsible and drove Brooke’s car to that underpass, pings will place him there.

Oh how I love technology!
I told my husband early on the her Apple Watch is going to be a key piece to the investigation.

Attachments

• uqBwjKLlYGN40ye5.mp4
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Reporter differs from others citing suspect took victim to farmland.

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.

12:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

Reporter differs from others citing suspect took victim to farmland.

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.

12:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR
and nothing about if he had help burying her?

Jurnee Taylor
@_JurneeTaylor

Erwin says Lewellyn will be held without bond.

12:08 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR·

Jurnee Taylor@_JurneeTaylor

Only family and media were allowed in the court room. Family took up three full rows with her mother sitting on the first. You can hear small sniffs coming from their area as they are clearly emotional.

12:10 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member