Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

I saw this re: Rose

"
Case History / Additional
Baker was last seen in late May or early June 1980 in the 1000 block of Burrows Chapel Road in Whitesboro, Texas. Her husband stated she left their residence without warning in the middle of the night. She has never been heard from again. Her car, purse and clothing were left behind.The investigation into Baker's disappearance was reopened in 2007. Her case is now considered to be a homicide. It remains unsolved."

Do we know why it was re-opened in 2007 and why it's believed to be a homicide? I may have missed a post though I did read the entire thread but have only recently subscribed to it, so maybe I missed one.

Yes-her children went to police and stated that they believe their father had murdered Rosie. She was a battered wife who would disappear sometimes but would usually surface. The fact that she hadn't surfaced is what brought them to this conclusion. The state police went to the house and discovered a grave dug many, many years ago in the dirt floor. There were absolutely no remains in the grave. That was when they collected MtDNA from the children in the event she was found.

The husband also claimed that he spoke with her months later over the phone after she had disappeared.

So the questions become- Did he kill her and move her? There were no hits from dogs at the grave site. Did she discover the grave and get the hell out of dodge? Possibly.

Thanks for the Kudos, guys, but the one that rocks is the detective that took such an interest. His last name starts with O, so I guess we can call him Detective O instead of "him."

Re the denture thing: I'm thinking that enough time had elapsed between the time she disappeared and the time she was hit that she could have needed the other plate at some point. (Isn't that what they call them...plates?) Anyway, if she managed to stay in one place long enough or hooked up with someone long enough, maybe she got them through a government program or an individual purchased them for her.

Ok-- In case this is not Rose, here is another option that I found:

Annabelle Ludwig:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200705354S

She was supposedly headed to Florida! I do not see a birthmark in the UID photo, but that is not to say that there is not one there....

picture.php

Couldn't get the photos any clearer...sorry.

K-PM sent with the contact info. My Tee, keep us posted on what Det O thinks!!

Off to watch Top Chef...

Thanks for the info, believe. I emailed it to Detective O, and I forwarded a copy to pink.

Wow!!! MTM - you really ARE a superhero!!!

I'm so, so, so happy to know there is someone interested in this case and that they really did try to ID her at the time!!!!!!!!!

It's been such a long time. I truly hope somewhere out there is our answer. On the one hand, I am hoping sincerely that this is Rosie, only because I want to believe she got out of her abusive situation safely. The makeshift grave and the fact that her husband was the last to see her worries me....

Then again, if it is Rosie, she was clearly living a transient life - on the run - and met a violent end anyway.

Because of the dentures, I'm not sure we can find the answer with dentals. But IDK???

Awesome work ya'll!!! And yes MTM - by all means - come on to Vegas! You're on a roll!

omyteegreatone!! Way to go! The ball is rollin again in WM. Det.O's description of LL's circumstances is what I figured too. I'm happy to know that LE did do a thorough job trying to id her. So it's possible, among other revelations, fla to nashville to w.memphis, making her way north and westward.
Is the nic nac still in the picture?
Thanks for stepping up and taking the initiative like that my tee mouse. :clap:

Julessleuther, I think Annabelle Marie looks just like LL, and her story fits

A news article on Annabelle is at URL below. Aspects surrounding her disappearance are similar to Rosie Baker.....it's thought the ex-husband killed her. Wish it gave us more insight into identifying factors re medical/dental .

Maybe you could find out if she had dentures, Julessleuther?

http://www.bsphi.com/pages/Investigations/052507/articles/Annabelle.pdf

A slide show for Annabelle's memorial.
http://www.thecourier.com/multimedia/annabelle/publish_to_web/index.html

Ok-- In case this is not Rose, here is another option that I found:

Annabelle Ludwig:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200705354S

She was supposedly headed to Florida! I do not see a birthmark in the UID photo, but that is not to say that there is not one there....

Hi Jules

I found this on Annabelle

She is actually on AMW http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=46351

She also has a bone that sticks out on her wrist from a fracture that never healed

I don't think its LL because she also has a mole on her lip and she has Green Eyes...

I think poor Annabelle met with foul play from one of these men in her life :(

There are more photos of her on DoeNetwork as well http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2363dfoh.html

Which interestingly states she has HAZEL eyes !!!!!!

Can Det. O. check and verify whether LL's wrist bone showed a previous break? That's really all we need to know, as far as Annabelle being a possibliliy. It's possible that Annabelle didn't have dentures when she left, acquired them in the years gone by. somewhere on the road...hmmm

Can Det. O. check and verify whether LL's wrist bone showed a previous break? That's really all we need to know, as far as Annabelle being a possibliliy. It's possible that Annabelle didn't have dentures when she left, acquired them in the years gone by. somewhere on the road...hmmm

Am fairly certain that Rosie Baker also had a wrist injury and believe09 was told LL did not. That didn't seem to deter Grayson LE (Baker) though from wanting to pursue further. Will go check posts to be sure.

It may very well be coming down to DNA-Jane Doe does not have a hysterectomy scar or a notation regarding a fractured wrist bone.

The pro's of course are appearance, age, height, weight, build, both woman had a complete set of dentures, both were smokers.

Here it is. This information comes from the MedEX so is same information the Detective would have.

Am fairly certain that Rosie Baker also had a wrist injury and believe09 was told LL did not. That didn't seem to deter Grayson LE (Baker) though from wanting to pursue further. Will go check posts to be sure.

Here it is. This information comes from the MedEX so is same information the Detective would have.

Capoly did some digging around stats in the coroner's office during those years, and IIRC there was not a tremendous accuracy regarding cases such as this one. The ambiguity of the data on the MedEx side seemed to make him believe that going forward with comparisons was the best approach even though there was no notation of previous fractures etc. If we can get prints on Annabelle, it would be the fastest way for Chris Edwards to compare her, because they have a fingerprint card on LL.

Anyone up to making a phone call to see if she has prints in IAFIS or on a card??

I can try and do it Mon or Tues. I have a midterm next week I am busy studying for, but will squeeze it in.
Capoly did some digging around stats in the coroner's office during those years, and IIRC there was not a tremendous accuracy regarding cases such as this one. The ambiguity of the data on the MedEx side seemed to make him believe that going forward with comparisons was the best approach even though there was no notation of previous fractures etc. If we can get prints on Annabelle, it would be the fastest way for Chris Edwards to compare her, because they have a fingerprint card on LL.

Anyone up to making a phone call to see if she has prints in IAFIS or on a card??

When I call Mon, I will ask about dentures...
A news article on Annabelle is at URL below. Aspects surrounding her disappearance are similar to Rosie Baker.....it's thought the ex-husband killed her. Wish it gave us more insight into identifying factors re medical/dental .

Maybe you could find out if she had dentures, Julessleuther?

http://www.bsphi.com/pages/Investigations/052507/articles/Annabelle.pdf

A slide show for Annabelle's memorial.
http://www.thecourier.com/multimedia/annabelle/publish_to_web/index.html

Jules, if you get too crowded, let me know. It looks like I could do it mid-week.

Ok, I am calling on Annabelle tomorrow (Weds) morning (my son is home today, don't want to have that conversation with him around). I am asking LE about the following for Annabelle:

Fingerprints in IAFIS or on card?
If she had dentures?
Her supposed tie to Florida?

What else?

This is only my 2nd time doing this, I get so nervous, does it get easier? Those that do this all the time, does LE take you seriously? I get so nervous that they will think I am just some crazy crackpot calling to be nosy...

Ok, I am calling on Annabelle tomorrow (Weds) morning (my son is home today, don't want to have that conversation with him around). I am asking LE about the following for Annabelle:

Fingerprints in IAFIS or on card?
If she had dentures?
Her supposed tie to Florida?

What else?

This is only my 2nd time doing this, I get so nervous, does it get easier? Those that do this all the time, does LE take you seriously? I get so nervous that they will think I am just some crazy crackpot calling to be nosy...

Can offer moral support.....your the voice for one...maybe two...that have no voice. And say that the one time I did have a phone conversation with LE the agent was very nice. And patient considering his call caught me off guard and I was blathering away. lol

You will do great!:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back