Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone post the offical ruleout again ? is Christina Carter on it ? I know they had dna from Janets Half Sister.

Rule Out list on NamUs
Elaine Allenbach
Veronica Brewer
Phyllis Brewer
Janet Brice
Sherry Bynum
Tracy Byrd
Myrisha Campbel
Misty Copsey
Melinda Creech
Linda Davis
Jeannette Drzewieck
Rebecca Dunn
Elizabeth Gill
Cynthia Gooding
DEBORAH GREEN
Shelley Hoke
Wendy Huggy
Cheryl Ann Iacovone
Rochelle Ihm
Kimberly Kahler
Tricia Kellett
WinnieKersey
Cindy King
Kim Leggett
Jackie Leslie
Laurie Lucas
Staci Madison
Cathleen Martin
Kelly McGinnis
Julie Moseley
Michelle Mulcahy
Leigh Occhi
Judith ODonnell
Carey Parker
Tracy Ramsey
Lisa Sexton
Roxanne Sims
Amanda Slaughter
Susan Smalley
Cathy Smith
Tammy Surdam
Patricia Taylor
Michelle Thomas
Pamela Tinsley
Mary Trlica
Darci Warde
Darlene Webb
Sherri White
Lisa White
Joanne Williams

Lisa Wilson

Sharon marshall was identified i believe there was a show on ID

Indeed she was; it was just that when the cousin posted the C/W family linkage, I immediately thought of Christina and that FDF photo. It literally was the immediate thought that popped into my brain when the cousin posted member of the C/W family. Many were convinced that it was Christina in his lap for a while and we later came to realize it was Sharon.

I did revisit that photo though because someone did kill Christina's mom and take her in Alabama … and no one knows what ever happened to her. I'm going to revisit the FDF/Sharon thread to refresh as to whether or not he'd ever been seen with two small girls vice just the one we now know is Sharon. Rabbit holes I know, but both cases are ones that I am quite interested in. IMO, it would be too good to be true to see both cases solved with one identification, but one can hope.

I thought it was a bit odd that the HuffingtonPost article stated that the DNA Doe Project were the ones responsible for the recent DNA lead, but the DDP just cleared up that typo in said article:

"People have been asking about our involvement with El Dorado Jane Doe. We did absolutely no work on her case. We spoke with someone about our techniques some time ago, and the information was likely passed on to the genealogist who is actually working on the case. El Dorado Jane Doe does not appear to have been fully identified yet. We would not have publicized this sort of information and we would have cautioned the agency and family to hold back as well. It can affect the integrity of the investigation and opens the family up to unwanted harassment.
We hope those working this case will soon have it resolved. We know first-hand how difficult that last mile can be, and how tempting it is for those involved to rush to the media. That’s why we encourage agencies to leave these cases to professionals who understand the forensic implications and the risks inherent in premature publicity.
That being said, congratulations to the unnamed genealogist(s) for coming this far."

DNA Doe Project

I thought it was a bit odd that the HuffingtonPost article stated that the DNA Doe Project were the ones responsible for the rescent DNA lead, but the DDP just cleared up that typo in said article:

DNA Doe Project

The article made it sound confusing but my take is that the article was saying that the agency learned about GEDMatch and this genealogy technique from a conference call with DNA Doe Project... and then the agency uploaded to GEDMatch and decided to work with another genealogist

The article made it sound confusing but my take is that the article was saying that the agency learned about GEDMatch and this genealogy technique from a conference call with DNA Doe Project... and then the agency uploaded to GEDMatch and decided to work with another genealogist
I had to read that paragraph several times to get what they were trying to get across, so I'm glad a native English speaker also found it confusing :confused:

this is a little OT but she is related to Carters , this is one of out new threads look at the name wonder f its a family name ?and VA too
A - Larkin Carter Carr, 4, beaten to death, Norfolk, 12 Nov 2018 *Arrests*

I'm not sure that she's Christina Carter.

The HuffPost article says that she's related to the children of Mamie Carter and Daniel Wood, then the surname she'd be related to is Wood, not Carter.

After working on this for several days, I believe I have found a likely set of parents. Because I'm not a professional investigator, I think it's better to let them do their jobs and not have distractions and so I won't raise a flag at this time. If this is the right path, they will find it. I found a man with the initials JC and a Wood female who appear to be in all the right places at the right times for EDJD to be their daughter. JC had a 9th grade education and in the last 10 years was arrested for domestic violence. He and the Wood female were married in the 1960's and divorced 10 years later. The Wood female married several more times, and then died last year. I know I'm being cryptic, but I dont want to get kicked off here. My hope is that maybe the path to solving this case is that easy and they may already know or are close to knowing her identity.

rsbm

After working on this for several days, I believe I have found a likely set of parents...

Great research, but according to the article and the family it´s the father of EDJD who is a descendant of Daniel Wood, not her mother.
Either a son or a grandson.
Or maybe I misunderstood your post?

Last I looked they were down to three possibles, all deceased.
A family member posted recently in the EDJD FB group they are taking a break ("on hold.")
I can´t imagine how this must affect his immediate family, especially since he´s not around anymore.
And even with "Memory´" s father´s name known, it may still take a long time before hers is.

rsbm

Great research, but according to the article and the family it´s the father of EDJD who is a descendant of Daniel Wood, not her mother.
Either a son or a grandson.
Or maybe I misunderstood your post?

Last I looked they were down to three possibles, all deceased.
A family member posted recently in the EDJD FB group they are taking a break ("on hold.")
I can´t imagine how this must affect his immediate family, especially since he´s not around anymore.
And even with "Memory´" s father´s name known, it may still take a long time before hers is.
"Memory"???

Has this whole lead from FB hit a wall? I was excited but I haven't heard anything else.
I think they're trying to look into which of the males might be the father still. And if he was married that could bring up some issues. I was nervous when I saw that some family had been located since there's a lot of people out there that will probably hound them for every little bit of info they're getting. Its got to be overwhelming to learn something like this. I'd almost them rather have kept it all quiet until they had her name. Fingers crossed they're getting closer to some answers though! I really would love to see this resolved.

Has this whole lead from FB hit a wall? I was excited but I haven't heard anything else.
Im not hopeful either , I have just had two of my uncles pretty much " Busted " thru us doing our DNA on Ancestry (both are deceased now ) and they both apparently have had adult children that knew of them but we don't know if the two uncles were aware of the children ...well now that we know this , turns out one of them had so many affairs that there could be kids any and everywhere ( one Aunt not surprised and one Aunt deceased ) but if the Males are dead in EDJD's case I'm pretty sure unless one had a long ago short marriage that can be traced we are going to be out of luck , the Mother could have been anyone from anywhere and he might have never known.

Im not hopeful either , I have just had two of my uncles pretty much " Busted " thru us doing our DNA on Ancestry (both are deceased now ) and they both apparently have had adult children that knew of them but we don't know if the two uncles were aware of the children ...well now that we know this , turns out one of them had so many affairs that there could be kids any and everywhere ( one Aunt not surprised and one Aunt deceased ) but if the Males are dead in EDJD's case I'm pretty sure unless one had a long ago short marriage that can be traced we are going to be out of luck , the Mother could have been anyone from anywhere and he might have never known.
I’m hoping that when they know who the dad is they can at least do a media blitz in the towns he was known to be in when edjd would have been conceived and growing up.

My guess for EDJD's scenario was always something like this:
Born to a single mother, didn't know who her father was or never met him, her mother died, and she likely grew up in foster care.
Unfortunately, if this is the case, it will make her difficult to identify unless there is a DNA match down the road from her mother's side of the family. I doubt her father had a clue about her existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine