Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm such a party pooper today... No, I don't think she is our UID at all. She was probably victim to the green river killer, boy that Ridgeway was sure an ugly looking thing, wasn't he? She had a daughter she was planning on picking up, doubt she would leave her unattended for this time as it says she was very excited about seeing her. She does share similar features.

I don't think Miller meets the Doe's personality at all. Jane Doe worked as a stripper and prostitute in several areas, if she was held against her will I just see her staying behind closed doors locked away in a basement not out galavanting in strip bars and meeting "friends".

I'm such a party pooper today... No, I don't think she is our UID at all. She was probably victim to the green river killer, boy that Ridgeway was sure an ugly looking thing, wasn't he? She had a daughter she was planning on picking up, doubt she would leave her unattended for this time as it says she was very excited about seeing her. She does share similar features.

I'm not convinced Kelli was a victim of Ridgeway, but she has never been found. That being said, IIRC, she was ruled out as being our JD long ago.

I am curious re: the suggestions that our UID be posted on Craigslist...

Where would one post something like this?

I go on Craigslist from time to time, but never for this purpose.

In a personal section or community notices section, sometimes they have a people finder.

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=5288411631788
Diane Genice Dye
Report Type: Suspicious Circumstances
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5 ft. 02 in. (OFF)
Weight: 110 lbs.
Date of Birth: 11/20/1965
Clothing: Light blue cords, blue shirt
Dental X-rays Available: Yes

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/129dfca.html
Missing since July 30, 1979 from San Jose, Santa Clara County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: November 20, 1965
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 110 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
•Clothing: Light blue corduroy pants, blue shirt.
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dye was last seen leaving her residence in San Jose, California on July 30, 1979. She was distressed by her parents' marital problems.

She was, last seen in late December 1981 by a friend at a shopping mall about 50 miles north of San Jose. She told the friend she did not intend to go home and didn't particularly want her whereabouts known.

Agency Case Number:
NCIC Number:
M-121229080

Side by side of Jane with Diane Genice in the center:

Attachments

• 81UFAR4 and Diane Dye.jpg
    81UFAR4 and Diane Dye.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 134
There is definitely a good facial resemblance. She would have been 25 in July 91, which is a bit over the estimates, but I think that the photos of Jane Doe look like she was older than 18 to 21. Her natural hair color is about right.

The height is a bit of a stretch. Wouldn't a woman who ultimately reaches 5'11" be a little taller than 5'2" at 13? Maybe.

I'd say it's worth a shot.

There is definitely a good facial resemblance. She would have been 25 in July 91, which is a bit over the estimates, but I think that the photos of Jane Doe look like she was older than 18 to 25. Her natural hair color is about right.

The height is a bit of a stretch. Wouldn't a woman who ultimately reaches 5'11" be a little taller than 5'2" at 13? Maybe.

I'd say it's worth a shot.

Maybe whoever reported her missing was off on the height by a few inches? I know from the age of 13 to 16 I grew from a whole 4'6" to 5' so I guess it is possible.

Very good facial resemblance and the data fits -- it's certainly possible to grow that much in the teen years. It's worth a try.

When I saw Ms. Dyes photo, I thought her complexion looked alot like this Janes, of course without makeup, the freckling and then her lips when smiling just, pretty much convinced me that they could be one and the same. The circumstances of Ms. Dyes disappearance also helped convince me! In one of Janes diary notes, she mentions one of the people, that she was staying with having to leave to go to San Jose, California, to see a dying Grandmother, so there's a link!!
I sent emails to all parties and a notification on Namus, I'll let everyone know as soon as I know anything!

Waiting! It's the hardest part!! :woohoo:

Thanks!! She is alot shorter but we'll see.

Looking at the timeline, I began wondering what would make a person, a young woman, go from Texas to Arkansas, esp. the city she choose. I doubt she closed her eyes and pointed at a map and went "thats my next stop!". Know what I mean? She seemed to stay in the south, south east.

And no where is it noted wether she had an accent? Ive yet to meet a Texan or Arkansaian (sp?) that dosent have some twang. BUt if she were from Florida, as she told people she was...a lot of people there dont have accents.

Anyway..my questions:
Has it been confirmed wether she was involved in burglary's? Why cant we get confirmation on this?
What name(s) did she give to all the hospitals that treated her?
Why havent the police tracked down the family who's bible she had?
Is there a database for missing foster kids?

Sigh. She is very distinct looking, and TALL. I just know if her image got out to the right sites, she could be identified. Too bad her face cant be posted on Classmates.com, as im sure she attended school at some point.

The fact that she spoke very little of her past to her so-called friends kinda indicates she didnt want to reveal who she was. Meaning...runaway. Things have to be pretty darn bad to run away and never look back.

Looking at the timeline, I began wondering what would make a person, a young woman, go from Texas to Arkansas, esp. the city she choose. I doubt she closed her eyes and pointed at a map and went "thats my next stop!". Know what I mean? She seemed to stay in the south, south east.

And no where is it noted wether she had an accent? Ive yet to meet a Texan or Arkansaian (sp?) that dosent have some twang. BUt if she were from Florida, as she told people she was...a lot of people there dont have accents.

Anyway..my questions:
Has it been confirmed wether she was involved in burglary's? Why cant we get confirmation on this?

Sigh. She is very distinct looking, and TALL. I just know if her image got out to the right sites, she could be identified. Too bad her face cant be posted on Classmates.com, as im sure she attended school at some point.

The fact that she spoke very little of her past to her so-called friends kinda indicates she didnt want to reveal who she was. Meaning...runaway. Things have to be pretty darn bad to run away and never look back.

I will try to answer some of your questions;
El Dorado Jane had a record, no arrests for burglary, though. She was arrested for Solicitation and Hot Checks. During an arrest in Dallas, TX, she told a Detective that her name was Kelly Lee Carr (24 y/o) and from Virginia, wanted for Bank Robbery along the East Coast. The FBI or Detectives could not confirm that tale.
The names that she frequently used were Shannon Wiley, Kelly Carr (Karr) and Cheryl Ann Wick (this name was on an AR ID card with her photo) and the name, Mercedes, when she "danced" in Little Rock, AR and at the Carousel in Dallas, TX. When arrested for bad checks, the name used was Cheryl Ann Wick and she said that she was from Minneapolis, MN.
I'm not sure which name she gave when at the ER, probably all three, since there were multiple visits.
The Detectives from El Dorado, AR, were able to track the family whose names were in the Bible. They sent certified letters, made phone calls and sent photos with questions, no response. The law doesn't require that they respond to questions or tell what they know of her. However, some of those names have been linked to her murderer, so..........
We haven't located a database, strictly listing missing foster children.

Hope this helps. ;)
A video of her, made by Doe Network here: http://www.listal.com/video/2783893

Anyway..my questions:

At the time this girl would have been reorted as a runaway, things weren't as organized as they are now. Bambi Lynn Dick had her missing person report purged when she became 18, and remained unidentified for 25 years because of it.

There is a possibility she never had a record before she wound up down south, and it's also posible she was from any state. I can only go by my own behavior, but I ran away when I was 15 and ended up 900 miles from home. I wound up in Dallas, I was lucky that for what ever reason, I didn't end up dead. She probably followed a boyfriend, like I did. My parents did report me missing, but quickly discovered that police don't do anything about runaways. I was actually stopped by the police, they ran my name, it came up as a runaway, but they let me go- this was back in the late 1980's. I came back on my own after about a year, I was tired of living in a garage.

Article about runaways in The Times from 1988: http://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/11/garden/runaways-of-the-80-s-victims-of-abuse.html?pagewanted=1

I hope she has a sibling or parent who is still missing her. I'd be willing to bet her missing person/ runaway report has been purged or the police never let the family file one at all. I'll never stop looking for her, I think in some way I feel like since I survived, I owe it to all the one's who didn't to never stop looking.

Appreciating All.
Snuf

When I saw Ms. Dyes photo, I thought her complexion looked alot like this Janes, of course without makeup, the freckling and then her lips when smiling just, pretty much convinced me that they could be one and the same. The circumstances of Ms. Dyes disappearance also helped convince me! In one of Janes diary notes, she mentions one of the people, that she was staying with having to leave to go to San Jose, California, to see a dying Grandmother, so there's a link!!
I sent emails to all parties and a notification on Namus, I'll let everyone know as soon as I know anything!

Waiting! It's the hardest part!! :woohoo:

Im baaaaccck!!! you are good ! this looks like the best match so far! guess who should be getting out of prison? is it 2010 already?UGH! you know he knows who she really was, if they could just say "you wont be released untill you tell us who she is" i bet his stupid a@@ would talk then!!!!

Kimberly seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. I just submitted her on another case yesterday (resulting in a "no match").

I don't think that she is Eldorado JD. She is too young.

Also, since she was ruled-out on another California case (mentioned above) on DNA, then she probably (although not certainly) is in CODIS. If that is the case, then since Eldorado JD is definitely in CODIS, it would be an exclusion by default.

Side by sides with Kimberly. Facial resemblance is startling -- something about the set of the head on the neck and the way she angles her head. Kimberly is the two end pictures; Jane in the middle.

If I'm doing the arithmetic correctly (always a big if with me :p) she's actually too old to be ElDorado Jane. She went missing in 1980 at 15; Jane was found in 1991, so Kimberly would have been 25 or 26. The estimate on Jane is 18-21, though her pictures look older to me.

Attachments

• kahler_kimberly2.jpg
    kahler_kimberly2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 33
  • 81UFAR1eldorado1.jpg
    81UFAR1eldorado1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 81UFAR9eldorado.jpg
    81UFAR9eldorado.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 54
  • kahler_kimberly.jpg
    kahler_kimberly.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 30
Its also interesting that Doe chose "Kelly Carr" as an alias. Phonetically close to Kimberly Kahler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn