Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know where to find better pictures of this girl?
I am a digital artist and hoping to find large enough pictures I could adjust.
I would like to make her younger, change hair color, change hair style etc.

Does anybody know where to find better pictures of this girl?
I am a digital artist and hoping to find large enough pictures I could adjust.
I would like to make her younger, change hair color, change hair style etc.

They are at the following link:

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTOS AT LINK
https://identifyus.org/cases/2813

If you Click "Images" on the left-hand menu (under "Case Navigation"), and then click on the thumbnail image that you want to download, it will apear in the viewing pane above the thumbnail image.

Click the larger version above, and it will open up in much higher size and resolution in a separate window (or tab, depending on your browser).

You can then save it to your hard-drive by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Save Image As"

I'm Australian. Back in the late eighties to early nineties I was a teen working at a fast food place called Hungry Jacks (sort of Burger King under a different name) in Adelaide. There was a girl in her mid teens who worked there for a bit early on in my employment. She looked very much like this girl, and had bleached hair at the time. Tall too, but not five foot eleven tall, although if it was her she may have grown? She wanted to be a model and I went shopping with her for portfolio clothes once and she debated between an acid wash denim skirt and jacket set, and a black leather jacket. She had freckles too, not so much you'd take one look and say "wow, freckles", but definitely there.

The last picture in the second row on doenet in particular reminds me of the girl I worked with. That is the exact same expression she got when I stormed down to the staffroom and told her she needed to get back upstairs and clock back on because after I finished my cleanup I had come over to help her finish her cleanup, not do the whole damn thing for her. First pictures on the first and third rows also remind me a lot of her.

Can't remember my co-worker's name. I sometimes read up on Australian missing persons, and I've never seen her amongst them. She probably isn't this Doe. But if you get even the slightest whiff of any sort of other evidence the Doe is an Aussie, then it might be worth looking into.

Thanks Carl, I have those already. : )

I remember some time ago there were larger versions of her ID photos somewhere --I managed to find one via Wayback, it´s very pixelated but I see what I can do.

About the addresses on the arrest sheet when she was arrested as "Cheryl Ann Wick": they are for two motels, The Carousel Motel, and La Casita, the same one where that unidentified man was found hanged some years earlier.

Reviews for the Carousel include: "I got a room there and walked in to a dirty room...Mirror has 2 bullet holes in it..."

I feel so sorry for this girl, her life must have been just horrible. Why would anyone choose to live like that?

This case has always gotten me over the years. I've written about her and passed information out about her hoping someone might know her.

My feelings on El Dorado:

I have a strong feeling she was a run away and probably from Florida. I'm very familiar with the foster care system here in Florida as a foster parent, but I know back in the 80's it was easy to get lost in the system.

Some parents to this day don't report their children missing for a number of reasons. They had something to do with the disappearance, they are afraid of being accused of the disappearance, they fear it will ruin their chances of getting more kids, or in a few cases, end their financial income. These are usually the cases you see on TV 10 years later when the system goes looking for the kids.

This girl may have come from a family that never reported her missing or hasn't thought about her in the last 20+ years. I can't help but think if someone was doing their job back then they may have been able to say who she was.

She may have had a case manager who fudged records (this happens unfortunately)

From what I have been able to gather she traveled a lot, but I don't think she ever confided her true identity to anyone. If she did that person might not know she is dead.

I have spoken with Cathy Phillips, Detective with El Dorado Police Department, about this Jane Doe, she and the cold case squad are very adamant about solving this mystery and allowing her some dignity. Supposedly McAlpin knows her true name and family, but will NOT say, I believe because he so bitter towards her, plus, her identity could connect him with other crimes, that's just my suspicions! Take a look at the photos of Jane Doe and Janet Landry Brice, missing from Louisiana since 1982. I believe they could be a strong match, hopefully the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana Investigators will have an open mind on this and send Brices dental records for comparison. The lower photo of Jane on the right, next to Janet, was Janes Photo ID from "The Carousel" look at the spot on the right side of her neck, the same spot is on Janets neck! Janets mug shot was taken in 1981, Janes mug shot was taken ten years later in May 1991. I'm thinking the noses are alot different because Janes had been broken so many times! As far as Janets tattoo, in the web of her hand, she could have removed that easily enough, or had it changed to look like a scar! I just feel really strongly about this one! Sincerely, I do! Can't wait to read what y'all have to say!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brice_janet.html

Attachments

• AR Jane Doe-ElDorado-Janet Landy Brice.jpg
    AR Jane Doe-ElDorado-Janet Landy Brice.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 96
Janet is above average height at 5'7", and slim at 110 lbs, but significantly shorter than Arizona Jane Doe.

She would be well outside the age range at ~30 years (although the age range seems so low to me that it may well be based on dentals and/or bone fusion). Facial features seem not to match up very well though. Scars don't match up and there is no mention of tattoos on the Doe.

IMO, Janet has a much smaller chin than EDJD, and her jawline angles differently.

I have spoken with Cathy Phillips, Detective with El Dorado Police Department, about this Jane Doe, she and the cold case squad are very adamant about solving this mystery and allowing her some dignity. Supposedly McAlpin knows her true name and family, but will NOT say, I believe because he so bitter towards her, plus, her identity could connect him with other crimes, that's just my suspicions! Take a look at the photos of Jane Doe and Janet Landry Brice, missing from Louisiana since 1982. I believe they could be a strong match, hopefully the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana Investigators will have an open mind on this and send Brices dental records for comparison. The lower photo of Jane on the right, next to Janet, was Janes Photo ID from "The Carousel" look at the spot on the right side of her neck, the same spot is on Janets neck! Janets mug shot was taken in 1981, Janes mug shot was taken ten years later in May 1991. I'm thinking the noses are alot different because Janes had been broken so many times! As far as Janets tattoo, in the web of her hand, she could have removed that easily enough, or had it changed to look like a scar! I just feel really strongly about this one! Sincerely, I do! Can't wait to read what y'all have to say!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brice_janet.html

The spot on the neck is interesting, but the part of the nose that doesn't match is the tip, and the Arkansas woman's is much slenderer and more delicate through the nostrils -- breaking wouldn't account for that. Also, the jawline looks significantly different to me -- Janet's is quite square where our woman's is long.

This jane doe has a tattoo and a scar that Janet didn't. Reading the charley project case file, Janet looks like she was abducted by a stranger and I don't think she willingly ran away.

I search periodically for matches to this woman. I tend to look at women who are a bit shorter, since we can't be certain how long this woman has been away from anyone who might have missed her. So I look at anyone 5'8 up.

I also wonder - her age estimation has gone up right? To me, she looks older than the original 18-21 BUT if she had a tough life, which seems the case, she may well look much older than she actually is.

The hotel she was found dead in, called the Whitehall Motel at the time but now budget inn. She was found in room 121.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...1&panoid=EQRcn9ryIJZmboSwMW86VQ&cbp=12,0,,0,5

Per the doe network - "Her murderer is James Roy McAlphin and he is in prison now for her murder. She was living at another address in El Dorado but went to the motel where he dragged her into the parking lot and beat her, then took her into the motel room and shot her."

How sad.

Please take a look at Tracy Ann Byrd. https://identifyus.org/cases/2813
Tracy went missing at the age of 14. She is from PA this could explain our Doe's east coast connection.

Also there seems to be a good resemblance see side by sides below....in addition I also see a resemblance when I compare her frontal morgue photo (namus) with the picture in the bottom right corner off the side by side.

:( The height is way off-I grew a few inches after turning 14 but not 10-11 inches.

Attachments

• Workbook1 Sheet1.pdf
    138.7 KB · Views: 74
Please take a look at Tracy Ann Byrd. https://identifyus.org/cases/2813
Tracy went missing at the age of 14. She is from PA this could explain our Doe's east coast connection.

Also there seems to be a good resemblance see side by sides below....in addition I also see a resemblance when I compare her frontal morgue photo (namus) with the picture in the bottom right corner off the side by side.

:( The height is way off-I grew a few inches after turning 14 but not 10-11 inches.

Huh, yeah, the facial resemblance is rather startling, especially that unique nose. And the ear looks close, too.

I would like to know how tall the adult women in Tracy's family are, whether late growth was likely, because that's a lot of inches to account for.

This jane doe has a tattoo and a scar that Janet didn't. Reading the charley project case file, Janet looks like she was abducted by a stranger and I don't think she willingly ran away.

El Dorado JD did not have any tattoos.

El Dorado JD did not have any tattoos.

I accidently wrote that backwards. Janice had a tattoo of a flower on her hand and I meant to write that this JD did not. Thanks for helping to clarify that.

Ok, I've been waiting for this one to come up again. Look at this young lady and see what ya'll think.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/39dfmd.html

The height is what initially drew me to her but then the more I looked at her pics, the more she began to look like Ms. Eldorado Doe. If I can figure out how to post a side by side, I found a pic of her that's pretty striking.

Comparison Jane and Judith

Attachments

• comparison eldorado Jane and Judith.jpg
    comparison eldorado Jane and Judith.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors