Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? I see the resemblance a little but I just don't think there's enough of one, KWIM? I think Pamela may have gotten in the car with a "John" and been murdered shortly after. ( There seems to be quite a bit of this going on in Canada. :( )

One of the things about the Doe's pictures is they look quite different depending how much makeup she put on and how much chance to pose she had. Pamela looks more like some than others, but then that's true of any match we try to make with her.

The leaving behind of Pamela's wallet could indicate it was a John, but it could also indicate she was going to talk to someone she knew might ask for a "loan" of money. If she could say twenty minutes was all it would take then she probably had a specific expectation from the guy who picked her up, so maybe he wasn't new to her, which would make it a little less likely he killed her that day.

If El Dorado JD is Pamela, I'd say she got told by the man in the car that they had to get out of town right then, and so they did.

I personally don't think it's her, JMO, but if you want to, submit it.

I will look for Pamela's height, it doesn't say but if she were say, 5'4 then it'd be easier to dismiss. The tip of her nose looks rounder to me than the Jane Doe's. Pamela would be 27 at the time JD was found so it would be a bit older than the estimate but that's not a big deal IMO. I can do a side by side.

Attachments

• sideviewjanedoe.jpg
    sideviewjanedoe.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 118
I was gonna say, no way, and then I looked at how many different ways El Dorado looked, and I really can't say that's not her. Especially around the mouth.

I don't think it's her, but it's too close not to submit.

I personally don't think it's her, JMO, but if you want to, submit it.

I will look for Pamela's height, it doesn't say but if she were say, 5'4 then it'd be easier to dismiss. The tip of her nose looks rounder to me than the Jane Doe's. Pamela would be 27 at the time JD was found so it would be a bit older than the estimate but that's not a big deal IMO. I can do a side by side.

The side by side is good. After looking at it, I'm quite convinced it could be her, from the way the eyes and nose line up. And this may sound a horrible thing to say, but I suspect she got smacked in the face so often and then went to the hsopital to be patched up, that small diffences in nose shape through her life are to be expected. Even the picture of Pamela Asprey looks like it has the start of a black eye or two :(

But she may not even have been Pamela Asprey age 20, that may have been a false identity too.

Well at least her being a tall girl is something a witness should remember, so it might be on Asprey's missing person report, the investigation has that going for it.

I'll work out how to send it in some time tomorrow, it is dinnertime here and I have people to feed.

But just for the sake of discussion... how do you know it was even her? It's been such a long time and I guess she has a bit of a recognizable face... are you sure it's her?

It's not just her , Him also, I remember both of them

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/240dfnb.html

Kim Amero is not listed on the rule outs but has some similarities to Jane;

Teeth,
Complexion,
Height,
Age,
Circumstance

The only detail that gives me big doubts is that Kimberley wore glasses.

However, the shape of the forehead and chin are very, very similar.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/240dfnb.html

Kim Amero is not listed on the rule outs but has some similarities to Jane;

Teeth,
Complexion,
Height,
Age,
Circumstance

The only detail that gives me big doubts is that Kimberley wore glasses.

However, the shape of the forehead and chin are very, very similar.

The UID is listed at 5'11". I think, most girls are close to their adult ht at 15 and Kim was listed at 5'4"-5'6". I don't know that at 15, she would still have a min of 5" to grow if she was closer to 5'6". The last location seen is also a huge distance. Kim is missing from Canada. It's hard for me to imagine runaways getting all the way from Canada to the southern US, though I guess it is possible.

Though, on an OT note (kind of) you now have me wondering what percentage of Canadian Runaways end up found in the states. :waitasec: Or if there are any stats on how many Canadian runaways run to the US. It's honestly not something I had ever considered....but something to think about.

Where Kim was from was pretty close to the Maine border...an hour by car.

We know Jane travelled a lot based on her collections of menus...and her use of aliases suggests that she really didn't want to be found. Therefore I a). think its unlikely that she would have told anyone where she was really from (I think Florida was a misdirection) and b). that she didn't stick around anywhere close to where her family or police may have been looking for her. Of course, that's JMO.

As far as the Canadian / American runaway connection, I think its something always worth considering especially during that time period. Border crossing was a lot easier in the 80s...and might have been appealing to a runaway.

Generally, I think the height can be misleading because its not always correctly reported. Kim may have not had recent medical records showing her height, or old stats were used...its hard to tell. While I think its safe to eliminate any women under 5'4" I don't think we can automatically assume a 5" height difference is basis for immediate rule out.

Found this while searching. Maybe something, maybe nothing.

http://www.claremont81.com/class_classmates_missing.cfm

It is possible that after graduating she moved to the east coast, and subsequently after getting into trouble moved back west and started using aliases.

That is just a list of alumni that the HS reunion organizers have lost touch with. They are not "missing" in the same sense that we think of the word "missing".

Case History
This victim was found deceased at the Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, Arkansas on July 10, 1991. Her identity is unknown; she apparently used several aliases throughout the years prior to her death. Authorities have determined that she resided in the Dallas, Texas region; Shrevport, Louisiana; and Little Rock, Arkansas before she died. At the time of her death, she was a resident of El Dorado.
The victim may have initially been a runaway from the Florida area, which may be the reason she did not use her true identity.

Her murderer is James Roy McAlphin and he is in prison now for her murder. She was living at another address in El Dorado but went to the motel where he dragged her into the parking lot and beat her, then took her into the motel room and shot her. The victim came to El Dorado from Dallas in early 1991 where she used the name "Kelly Carr/Karr". She had worked as a prostitute at the Carousel in Dallas. After leaving Dallas, she stopped off in Shreveport and then arrived in El Dorado. The victim was frequently at the hospital emergency room from beating and was arrested in May of 1991 for bad checks and she gave the name "Cheryl Ann Wick" from Minneapolis. Previous to her death, she worked as a topless dancer in Little Rock and that is where she told her "friends" she was originally from Florida.

After her death, they found a Bible in her belongings. There were several names in it: Willie James Stroud, Sharon Yvette Stroud, Ladonna Elaine Stroud, Johnny Lee Stroud, Viola Elizabeth Ross Stroud, Donna Jean Stroud, Bobbie Joan Stroud and Willie James Dantzler Sr. They subsequently found that this was a Black family in Irving, Texas and they believe that she lived with the family for a while. At some time she was arrested in Dallas and Houston with the alias's: "Cheryl Wick", "Sharon Wiley", "Kelly Carr" and "Mercedes".

When found, she had an Arkansas ID card which read "Cheryl Ann Wick". They located the parents' address and when they called, Cheryl herself answered and said that she did not know her. The police believe that this was a case of identity theft. A detective found a copy of a letter sent from the police to the FBI stating that the suspect had said that her name was "Kelly Lee Carr" age 24, and that she was wanted in Virginia and along the East Coast for bank robbery.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Union County Coroner's Office
870-864-1903
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Photos here

No matter who she is, her family deserves to find out what happened to her.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

he was released then raped a girl in TX, released again, picked up in AR for cutting his cousins throat ....nice huh? I keep tabs on him

Oh and just another thought, one of my friends from school in Fayetteville was Kelly Lee
Carr , I havent seen him in years, he was about 2 years older than me. I wonder if she knew him he ran in our circle in the late 80's, one of my best friends married his brother, but they have been divorced for several years now!

Have been re-reading this thread from beginning. One of my initial thoughts from the pics was that our El Dorado Jane Doe looks as though she might have once been a man. I notice another poster opined that, too, and was shot down in flames! It is possible that even if revealed at autopsy, LE might not release that detail. What are the odds that she used the same alias as a young man from the area with the same name? Of course we have no idea what the male Kelly Lee Carr looks like. Just a thought.

Have been re-reading this thread from beginning. One of my initial thoughts from the pics was that our El Dorado Jane Doe looks as though she might have once been a man. I notice another poster opined that, too, and was shot down in flames! It is possible that even if revealed at autopsy, LE might not release that detail. What are the odds that she used the same alias as a young man from the area with the same name? Of course we have no idea what the male Kelly Lee Carr looks like. Just a thought.

I would think that even if LE or the ME did not want to dole out all that info there would be surgical scars stemming from a M to F sex change so I doubt that occurred here.

I would think that even if LE or the ME did not want to dole out all that info there would be surgical scars stemming from a M to F sex change so I doubt that occurred here.

It would have also been evident in her DNA. She (or rather, He) would have had a Y Chromosome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member