Found Deceased AR - William Carl Reed, 32, Siloam Springs, 13 Aug 1987

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]867DMAR - William Carl Reed[/h]
BReed.jpg
BReed1.jpg

Name: William Carl Reed
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 13, 1987
Location Last Seen: Siloam Springs, Benton County, Arkansas
[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: March 21, 1955
Race: White
Height: 5'7" - 5'8"
Weight: 155 - 175 lbs.
Hair Color: Black/Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Bill
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo of a cross on one of his arms

[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Not Available; has a partial plate of his two upper incisors (front teeth)
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Black shirt and blue jeans; usually wore biker's boots
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Bill Reed was last seen near Siloam Springs, Arkansas on or about August 13, 1987. Additional sources say that he has been missing since December 9, 1987, and was last seen in the Colcord and West Siloam Springs areas. He has not been seen or heard from since this time.

Reed was a local biker and known drug user thought to be working for local dealers. It is thought that he was killed over drug money. He was associated with persons involved in large-scale drug (marijuana and methamphetamine) and theft operations. His bike, a black Honda 1100, was eventually recovered. Several original suspects are now deceased, in prison, or on the run. In the past, Reed used three different dates of birth: March 12, 1955; March 31, 1955; and March 21, 1956. Mr. Reed's case was reopened at the request of his brother in 2007.
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: Benton County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Investigator Audrey Thompson
Agency Phone Number: (479)273-5532
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1987-02207
NCIC Case Number: M-494505374
NamUs Case Number: 10488
[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h] NamUs
Joplin Globe (3/24/07)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/867dmar.html

William Reed was last seen near Siloam Springs, Arkansas on or about 08/13/1987. He has not been seen or heard from since this time.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10488/

Thank you for starting this, this is my Bestie's Uncle he went by Bill, their Family has had two More horrible deaths, I cant tell you how how much I love these people and they definitely don't deserve all this tragedy , it would be great if we could help on this , rumor around town has always been he was killed and buried by some bikers , I know a few years ago the Benton County Sheriffs office was set to do some ground penetrating Radar but I'm not sure if the location .

DNA Identifies Remains As Missing Benton County Man

A Siloam Springs man was last seen by his family in 1987, and now decades later his family has closure after DNA matches the body of a man who was found dead not long after he disappeared in Oklahoma.

“With missing persons cases it`s very difficult to have a jumping off point,” said Detective Sergeant Hunter Petray.

William 'Bill' Reed went missing in August of 1987 and his family knew he may have been over the Siloam Springs border in Oklahoma when he disappeared.

“It was always known that Bill Reed was somewhat involved in some drug activity and hanging around numerous questionable people so to speak and rumors that he had been killed because he owed some drug money,” Petray said.

[...]

So apparently they had his remains very quickly, all the years of torture for this sweet family were unnecessary sigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back