Are wedding bells ringing?

Oh geez, you know, after joining WS this year this is the first time ive heard of this murder.. I lived less than a mile away from where it happened.

This is all so sad.. hopefully we dont see this womans name in the paper shortly.

And that, in my opinion, is why the killer is still free! A neighbor not hearing about this horrific murder:eek: Unbelievable!

I went to Raleigh once for business and drove to Durham. Durham is not very small. I keep an eye on the news there and read the blotters and there is quite a bit of crime. There is a lot of gang activity and there are murders, there has been children murdered since Janet's murder.

Immediately after Janet's murder came the Duke Rape Case, then I believe there was a triple or a quadruple murder out there. Janet's case seems to be on the news during National Crime Victims' Right's Week which so happens to coincide with the week of Janet's brutal murder.

Raven & Janet were not from North Carolina, nor do they have family members that live there. They both worked at EuroSports, which is not in the same county as Durham.

The political scene in Durham had been shear chaos since the day after Janet was murdered, which is the day Nifong was sworn into Office.

Even amongst the Church members, I believe Janet was not very well known and didn't get a chance to bond with the other women, because Raven attended those meetings, and he controlled who was around Janet and who she could be friends with.

There's so many circumstances that has kept this case low key, but in the end, it wouldn't have mattered if it was a high profile case or low profile case, we'd probably still be sitting here, waiting for Raven's arrest. I base my theory on Michelle Young, Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic, even Nancy Cooper murders.

These types of cases, CRAWL when it comes to arresting a significant other and putting the cases together. NO witness, no murder weapon, sociopaths for husbands.

I think Medical Examiners, Law Enforcement, EMT's etc. need more training when it comes to cases of young women murdered in their home, re: forensics, and interviewers in dealing with the significant others.

I also think more studies need to be done regarding the interview of the sociopathic personality, which I believe is what makes these crimes harder to deal with, just look at all these cases, look at the commonalities they all share....it's surreal when you look at all the similarities between the men's personalities, their lives, etc. Please look at Barton Corbin, Michael Peterson, etc. etc. etc. etc. Drew Peterson is now POI of his FIRST wife's murder. Chilling, absolutely chilling.

These men all have the same things in common, and like Scott Peterson, never even admit of wrong-doing after being convicted.

When looking at Casey Anthony recently, I swear it was like looking in Raven's eyes. It's almost as though you can see the sociopathy in their eyes.

I have a question for you, term. I've been thinking about how many women have been killed in the past couple of years in NC by husbands and boyfriends. It takes SO long for any type for justice, if there's ever any. But thinking about this, I'm forced to also consider how race and socioeconomics play into this. How many minority or immigrant or simply poor women are killed by their SO? In the articles I've read recently, it seems to take significantly less time to arrest someone in those cases. I don't know why exactly. Racial bias? More evidence? Less media? I don't know, but there does seem to me to be big differences in media coverage and justice for victims based on race and class.

Thoughts?

The Runaway Bride case was the case of Jennifer Carol Wilbanks (born March 1, 1973), an American who ran away from home on April 26, 2005, in an effort to avoid her wedding with John Mason, her fiancé, on April 30.

Janet Abaroa, Durham, NC On April 26th, 2005 Janet Abaroa, a new mother, was brutally stabbed in her Durham, NC.

...i also believe that the ( fake ) runaway bride-------which ( didn't ) happen on the same date, april 26, 2005---------stole headlines, and took away media resources that could very well have been used in janet's case.

..that ( fake ) case annoyed me to no end-----was she ever charged with anything ? i certainly hope so.

I have a question for you, term. I've been thinking about how many women have been killed in the past couple of years in NC by husbands and boyfriends. It takes SO long for any type for justice, if there's ever any. But thinking about this, I'm forced to also consider how race and socioeconomics play into this. How many minority or immigrant or simply poor women are killed by their SO? In the articles I've read recently, it seems to take significantly less time to arrest someone in those cases. I don't know why exactly. Racial bias? More evidence? Less media? I don't know, but there does seem to me to be big differences in media coverage and justice for victims based on race and class.

Thoughts?

Sigh......race and socioeconomics.

The men in these cases are Caucasians. I don't know much about sociopaths and race, but I do believe socioeconomics without regard to race or gender may have more to do with these types of crimes.

Most of the similarities between the men are their inflated ego's, their love for toys, cars, many lie about their jobs, and they seem to state they have a higher education, bigger work duties, it's as though they need to come off more intelligent, more worldly, than they really are. They inflate everything it seems. They cheat, they steal if they have to. They need these toys, the best of the best of everything and most need "arm candy" or their wives have to be "perfect."

I believe sociopaths come in every race, gender, religion. I believe that murders committed by significant others regardless of their race or sex are HARDER to prove and take longer to arrest or be named as poi because of it.** addition - I believe murders committed by sociopaths are harder to prove, take longer for an arrest because there are less mistakes made.

There are other types of murders committed by a significant other.

There are murders committed because of jealousy issues, some have drug issues, alcoholics, there are many reasons a person would kill their significant other. Some have suffered abuse by the significant other and lash out. All these crimes are usually much sloppier. Many are not premeditated, more mistakes are made, they usually spill their guts to someone out of guilt or remorse, or they may brag about it to keep someone else in line. They usually end up leaving some evidence behind.

Sociopaths usually are calculating and normally think things out regardless of race or gender, to the empth degree. Sociopaths usually do not confide in others, usually can cover their track better because they have spent their whole lives lying and they feel no remorse.

These are just my thoughts and I hope someone else that has done more in-depth research regarding this can chime in.

I once was married to a man in a prominent federal government position. He always told me that newscasters have a choice as to which news stories they will report on and broadcast, and that they will go with the " heart tuggers" or the most sensational in every case.

Janet's case is extremely emotional, IMO. There is a HUGE backstory with Raven's embezzlements, and her case should have been a feature story. Several things hampered it from being spotlighted at the time, IMO. There was the bride thing in GA, the Nifong crap, the fact that LE said residents didn't have anything to worry about, that this was not a random killing from the start.
And, as Term said, neither Raven, Janet, or Janet's family were from the area nor were they the type to be " in the faces" of reporters.

We probably know more about Raven and Janet from all of the cached blog photos and entries and the long cached home videos than most of the mainstream media knows, even in the RD area.
I used to strongly believe that her case would be solved. Now, I sometimes doubt it will be unless new forensics are developed which can be used on whatever evidence they might have.

Thoughts?

I live in the next county over (I think the county that Janet & Raven worked in) - and I remember hearing literally a blurb about this on the local media but that was it - I do think the Duke case took over any media coverage this case would have and should have received -

I was just looking at their Target registry again and saw that they asked for a tin sign that has a Beatles quote ... "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make". I can't imagine how it is that different people can see the same thing in such different ways. She does realize that it's Raven Abaroa she's chosen to pair up with, doesn't she? :waitasec:

I've been searching the web, wondering if there's anything new out there regarding the lovely couple. I haven't found anything definitive but did find a Vanessa Pond at e-pregnancy.com. Unfortunately, there's no information there so who knows who that might be. There are some Ponds at flickr, including V-nay but no info available there either. She's still "focused" at MySpace and hasn't logged on since 10-12. There is a poem by a Vanessa Pond that may or may not be her but if she didn't write it, she should have:

The Taste of Denial by Vanessa Pond - Poetry.com

The Taste of Denial

What lovely hours
We lay intertwined,
What lonely hours
I struggle to find
your deflated heart.
Smiling, I search
For a response - any response,
Reaching, I find
Fingers kissing your austere texture.
I feign indifference
Inventing warmth in your caress
and regard in your expression.
So kiss me now
And let the satisfying taste of this denial
On my tongue
Lure you to helpless belief
In what your ears fight to hear:
I love you.

Vanessa Pond

Wow is all I can say.

Taste of Denial is abundant in the Abaroa household.

Back in November 2006 we heard that Raven Peters, Raven Samuel Peters, Raven Abaroa was getting married. He was then single then we heard he was getting married again. Hemarried Vanessa on September 6th.

We heard Raven & Vanessa are getting divorce and he's already with another new girlfriend in Southern California.

This thread was started not because of his impending marriage to Vanessa, there were previous girlfriends all heading towards marriage, and he even fathered a child that was given away for adoption in the past.

Barton Corbin killed his girlfriend Dolly Hearn, got away with it, and moved on get married and eventually killed his wife.

Everything Raven does he repeats. He has stolen more than once, he bounces female to female and he cheats. If anyone googles Raven Abaroa, Raven Peters and reads this and knows his new girlfriend, I would implore them to read everything here and talk to his new girl of the moment.

He's always Mommy shopping and he never stays put long. He will always be a chronic cheater, chronic thief and since I believe 100% that he murdered Janet and their unborn child, there's a good chance he could kill again.

He's repeated all his other past bad behaviors.

How this guy is able to con woman after woman after woman, is just appalling to me.

Jersey gathered this information back in 2006....it still holds true today. It's been almost 4 years since Janet's brutal murder, he's free to do whatever he wants, and I really don't want to see another girl murdered just to have Janet's case solved.

Sadly, multiple murder of spouses (and even children) is not unheard of -

Innerart - Artbits June 11, 1998
Timothy Boczkowski of Pittsburgh PA was charged in November 1994 with the murder of his second wife, Maryann, after she was found floating in the couples' hot tub. The incident occurred almost exactly four years after Boczkowski's first wife, Mary Elaine, was found dead in a bathtub at their Greensboro NC home. Police described the earlier death as "suspicious from the start", but did not file charges. Wife #1 was insured for $125,000; wife #2 was insured for $100,000.

Wife killer gets death sentence
A man was sentenced to death for the killings of his fourth wife and a longtime friend who prosecutors said helped kill the first two wives...

(Gerald) Hand was convicted Friday of killing his wife, Jill, 58, and friend Walter "Lonnie" Welch, 55, on Jan. 15, 2002, at the couple's home north of Columbus.

Prosecutors also suspect him in the deaths of his first two wives, but he has not been charged...

Case of two wives killed years apart goes to jury | The San Diego Union-Tribune
... a 58-year-old Santee man charged with murdering two of his wives – one in 1973 and the other 30 years later.

William Peter New is charged with killing Somsri New and Phyllis New the same way. Prosecutors said each woman was killed with gun shots to the back of her head while she slept.

BBC News | EUROPE | Pastor gets life for family murders
A Hungarian-born pastor ... Andras Pandy, 74, had been found guilty of murdering two of his wives and four of his children, as well as raping three of his daughters.

*********************************************************************************************************
There are many more stories like this out there. These guys don't breathe a sigh of relief thinking that they're lucky to have gotten away with the impossible. If anything, it seems to embolden them, making it more likely that they will kill again.

If there is anyone reading this that knows Raven's girlfriend, please take terminatrixator's advice to heart . Think about this situation and realize that it's better safe than sorry. If he could kill once in this manner, he can do it again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221
Back