Are YOU KIDDING ME?

theres somewhere in the US you can elope to at the age of 13? even at that time?

ragland said:
i have asked this before and dont think i got a response, but what sane mother and father ALLOWS their daughter to marry at 13??
My sister begged my parents to let her marry at fifteen to a twenty-something year old man. She threatened to run away and that they would never see her again. They finally agreed to sign the papers. I'm sure if they had done something legally (restraining order, etc) she would have ran away with him anyway. Maybe her parents had to make that choice too.

LaMer said:
I posted this on another thread. JonBenet won the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta in the summer of 1996.

Thanks for that information. I think it's very important information in my humble opinion.

i live in bama and no you cant marry at 13....i dont remmember the mother ever being questioned about that myself....im thinking she signed for the girl to marry him but i want to know WHY?

Anngelique said:
Thanks for that information. I think it's very important information in my humble opinion.

Who knows? Always the possiblity JMK's obsession with JonBenet started after her murder too. Time will tell.

If I remember correctly, this morning the mother said it was easier to give permission and let her daughter marry him than to have her run away and do it and risk never seeing her again or have contact with her so she could moniter where she was.

This is just memory; correct me if I'm wrong.

Anngelique said:
Good point. I'm so used to having Google in my life I forgot it didn't exist once. BUT he easily could have found info on the computer about her. Even 10 years ago. He's definitely intelligent.

Yes, Alta Vista and Lycos were around in 1996.

thats what i thought, so im very confused now. theres a dad in the home, and JMK was able to punk him out that way? what kind of parents must they be to go down and sign their daughter over at such a tender age to a grown man. something smells fishy there. i have an almost 13 yr old daughter and i dont let her around grown men without my being there (barring school), i wouldnt put her or the grown man in that position. its not right, but what freaks me out the most is that this was perfect for JMK. he found a family that would sign their kid over. not give him a minutes grief over it. i dont care how sweet and innocent that girl sounds theres more to that story. someone isnt coming all the way clean there.

let a grown man even attempt to sweet talk my daughter, or her get in a car with him.....oh yall dont even know, id loose it!

cwiz24 said:
Yeah right--have you seen that mullet?

Perhaps at that time, at that place, in that age group - that was a normal haircut at the time.

It doesn't further anything one way or the other to pretend that Karr wasn't a decent-looking young man. And it the videos, he's all smiles and relaxed and looks completely normal.

Everyone's acting as if he's the most hideous-looking thing that ever walked the earth. And now, the ex-wife's mother vaguely remembers him signing letters to her with S.B.T.C.

I still say that this is all some huge psychology experiment, to see just how easy it is to change people's perception of things, and how easily we are swayed (even to the point of hallucination), by the media.

Anngelique said:

Me, too, Laura, b/c it places JBR in Karr's locale.

If I remember correctly something I read in many of these articles, that they were allowed by law to marry because wife #1 was pregnant (but the babies died?)

We are effected by the media.

Anyway, still looking to resolve: SBTC

So Beware, Take Care

Words from a song:
One day love

wenchie said:
Perhaps at that time, at that place, in that age group - that was a normal haircut at the time.

It doesn't further anything one way or the other to pretend that Karr wasn't a decent-looking young man. And it the videos, he's all smiles and relaxed and looks completely normal.

Everyone's acting as if he's the most hideous-looking thing that ever walked the earth. And now, the ex-wife's mother vaguely remembers him signing letters to her with S.B.T.C.

I still say that this is all some huge psychology experiment, to see just how easy it is to change people's perception of things, and how easily we are swayed (even to the point of hallucination), by the media.

I also thought he was a decent looking young man. He did appear relaxed and looked normal. LOL I didn't know his hair style was called a 'mullet'. :doh:

A hugh psychology experiment by the media---????? ;)

i never remmember quintana mentioning she was pregnant.....and youd think the parents would still have had to sign. im almost certain of that.

I was allowed to marry when I was 15 only because I was pregnant. I had to wait til my exhusband turned 17 by law and had to get Judges approval and our parents. I wish he would of said NO WAY!
Amy

MagicRose99 said:
If I remember correctly something I read in many of these articles, that they were allowed by law to marry because wife #1 was pregnant (but the babies died?)

ragland said:
i never remmember quintana mentioning she was pregnant.....and youd think the parents would still have had to sign. im almost certain of that.

If she was she lost the baby because they mention she has her first child who is a few months old.

Edited to say it does not mention first baby but it doesn't mention ever having a child with JMK either.

"I was drugged and things were done to me without me having any idea," said Ray, who is now married with a 4-month-old child.

ragland said:
i have asked this before and dont think i got a response, but what sane mother and father ALLOWS their daughter to marry at 13??

When two of his neighbors were questioned about "didn't they think it odd that he married a 13 year old girl" they BOTH indicated that it was common practice.

I think one needs to factor in that marrying young may have been the norm in AL during that time frame.

ive asked some of the locals here in my small town in alabama and they are saying that even back then youd have to have parental consent to do so. common practice or not, you dont just sign over your kid to someone YOU feel is a weirdo. something still smells fishy to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back