Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

Do you mean:
EITHER he acted alone or he didn't?

If that is the question? YES it is an either or.

No, maybe I should have quoted someone, but I wasn't sure which post--there have been so many!

I was referring to the joker/not joker debate being discussed right now. And whether the Batman Premiere was solely opportunistic or whether it was key to a delusional plot. While I think he may have had an interest in Batman/villians, I think there were a lot of "advantages" to the Batman Premiere as his venue.
1) easy to store items right outside and enter in costume w/o anyone seeing face (if that were important)
2) easy to access/learn the layout
3) close to home
4) crowded/fish in a barrel
5) would make the news, sensational effect, as it was a midnight Premiere
6) target age range--similar to his (if that were important)
7) people around at night where it's dark
any others?

Always be thinking of the joker! IN dark Knight :

Both Rachel and Dent are tied up in rooms surrounded with gasoline drums ..

Rachel Dawes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.....

We get it; seriously you're posting the same point over and over and over. We understand you're beyond convinced he's the joker, you've said it an infinite amount of times...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

1) easy to store items right outside and enter in costume w/o anyone seeing face (if that were important)
2) easy to access/learn the layout
3) close to home
4) crowded/fish in a barrel
5) would make the news, sensational effect, as it was a midnight Premiere
6) target age range--similar to his (if that were important)
7) people around at night where it's dark
any others?

Sorry to self-quote, but thinking about my list. I guess these would be "advantageous" if his goal were fame/notoriety and revenge against "the world" but not so much if his goal were revenge against university...

Sorry to self-quote, but thinking about my list. I guess these would be "advantageous" if his goal were fame/notoriety and revenge against "the world" but not so much if his goal were revenge against university...
See , where I go with this dialog is backwards! Any movie theatre would have all those dynamics.We have to remember that this guy WAITED for some reason for like what 6 weeks.
He certainly had been preparing longer than that. All behavior has meaning - prparing to do something like this and being capable to just hold off ties something of singnigance to July, 20, to Batman, to the Joker,

last night learned that the Joker is not in the film this round that is huge in a deslusionial notion - he stepped in for the role and what did he do? eexactly what joker did in a movie theatre.

think about it waiting that long to do something this profound there is something in and of THAT itself no?

I think we are going to find out that this kid has been obsessed with Batman comics since he was little - you watch!

I am talking obsessed...........IMO

And i know iknow millions of batman posters are sold but guys ..........................

See , where I go with this dialog is backwards! Any movie theatre would have all those dynamics.We have to remember that this guy WAITED for some reason for like what 6 weeks.
He certainly had been preparing longer than that. All behavior has meaning - prparing to do something like this and being capable to just hold off ties something of singnigance to July, 20, to Batman, to the Joker,

last night learned that the Joker is not in the film this round that is huge in a deslusionial notion - he stepped in for the role and what did he do? eexactly what joker did in a movie theatre.

think about it waiting that long to do something this profound there is something in and of THAT itself no?

I think we are going to find out that this kid has been obsessed with Batman comics since he was little - you watch!

I am talking obsessed...........IMO

And i know iknow millions of batman posters are sold but guys ..........................
and also guys you know what just hit me the notebook would be amazing

were there Batman references .................................

and also guys you know what just hit me the notebook would be amazing

were there Batman references .................................

You're just f#cking with us now. Aren't you? Please say yes.

THERE IS A ENTIRE THREAD DEDICATED TO THIS ENDLESS JOKER DISCUSSION
Can this endless pushing of the same point PLEASE be done in that thread as it is the appropriate thread for such a discussion???

Here is the thread: The Joker and others

NO one was tied up in his apartment.

But there was a cat and mouse element to the whole setup there, no? If he wanted it make sure it served its purpose (if that was to be a distraction and keep cops busy), why not call it in himself before the theater shootout and even listen on his own police scanner to make sure it was in progress. Loud music, door open? Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking when he could have been sure and then there was the tipoff after he was caught which is also odd. (But I'm not really convinced that he was warning them. Maybe he thought the apt had blown up already and made a comment which tipped them off.)

Cariis, I think you have a point about waiting for THIS night for THIS movie and THIS location. I'm not convinced it's all about a joker delusion, though. Still on the fence.

Were there any other high profile midnight premieres targeting his age group--happening this summer? (I rarely go to movies, so I'm quite out of the loop). As you said Mary Poppins or Happy Feet Two probably wouldn't have suited him (gave me a chuckle when I read it!)

THERE IS A ENTIRE THREAD DEDICATED TO THIS ENDLESS JOKER DISCUSSION
Can this endless pushing of the same point PLEASE be done in that thread as it is the appropriate thread for such a discussion???

Here is the thread: The Joker and others

In my head, your post was read by Adam west. I had a good laugh.

You're just f#cking with us now. Aren't you? Please say yes.
Yes, HOWEVER found it amazing last night that some do not make any Batman connections at all surprised me ...

Can this endless pushing of the same point PLEASE be done in that thread as it is the appropriate thread for such a discussion???[/SIZE]

Good point. Hastings Chi is right. This is the wrong thread...

But there was a cat and mouse element to the whole setup there, no? If he wanted it make sure it served its purpose (if that was to be a distraction and keep cops busy), why not call it in himself before the theater shootout and even listen on his own police scanner to make sure it was in progress. Loud music, door open? Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking when he could have been sure and then there was the tipoff after he was caught which is also odd. (But I'm not really convinced that he was warning them. Maybe he thought the apt had blown up already and made a comment which tipped them off.)

Cariis, I think you have a point about waiting for THIS night for THIS movie and THIS location. I'm not convinced it's all about a joker delusion, though. Still on the fence.

Were there any other high profile midnight premieres targeting his age group--happening this summer? (I rarely go to movies, so I'm quite out of the loop). As you said Mary Poppins or Happy Feet Two probably wouldn't have suited him (gave me a chuckle when I read it!)
RE:
But there was a cat and mouse element to the whole setup there, no?

In one of the comic books the joker does the exact same thing (boy you'd think I read comic books! Nevr read one in my life - give me a good book!)

he tells Batman two locations where he planted bombs and lied, there were bombs only in one location

Holmes did same thing told him his apt AND his car were rigged...................

I do feel compelled to mention that the deslusionial aspect of Holmes as it relates to his mental status and the role of the joker, in that dialog is IMO totally ( vitally) important in THIS thread -in fact, it shall be the core item on the floor in court IMO!

Not sure which thread is the best fit--seems like we need one for just "all things JH"...but I was wondering about this...didn't strike me as odd until later.

This article said that the Fitz Apt mgr. didn't approve his application for an apt. "last April." 2012? Why was he looking to move in April? Was he thinking of breaking his lease where he was on Paris Ave or was he looking to rent after the current one finished? Did he know back in April that he would be required to vacate 1690 Paris soon?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/22/aurora-cinema-james-holmes-massacre?newsfeed=true

Manager of Fitz Apartments had refused JH's application to rent there.

Not sure which thread is the best fit--seems like we need one for just "all things JH"...but I was wondering about this...didn't strike me as odd until later.

This article said that the Fitz Apt mgr. didn't approve his application for an apt. "last April." 2012? Why was he looking to move in April? Was he thinking of breaking his lease where he was on Paris Ave or was he looking to rent after the current one finished? Did he know back in April that he would be required to vacate 1690 Paris soon?
I have always felt that his mental decomp was months in the making -- he would have known that he could not live in the apt he was in if he was not gonna stay in school. So I wonder (last semester?) if he knew he was heading for academic probation. Def do not buy a "snapped" notion what ya think?

Could his lease have been up and he was looking for new places? Also, I think someone had proposed this thought when the explosives were found at his apartment. Perhaps he was looking for a second location to live while setting up the explosives since they took up a great deal of space.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back