Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

His psychiatrist, Dr. Lynne Fenton, told her colleagues that Holmes could be a danger to others, according to KMGH investigative reporter John Ferrugia.

Members of the university's threat assessment team were even informed of the concerns, but the school never intervened. School officials also failed to contact the Aurora Police Department.

Holmes reportedly bought an AR-15 assault rifle on June 7, the same day he failed a preliminary oral exam that was part of the doctoral neuroscience program.

"It was in that afternoon that we know that he certainly was - or around that period - he was certainly talking to his psychiatrist, who was Dr. Lynne Fenton," Ferrugia said. "Now, we don't know what those conversations were, but we know during that period, which seemed to be a very high-stress period for him, something that he said to his psychiatrist caused her to contact the University of Colorado threat assessment team."

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...-voiced-concerns-about-holmes-before-shooting

Regarding Dr. Fenton.. I have deep compassion for this woman.. Very deep.. I think it goes without saying that life and her career as she knows it is OVER.. All the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into this woman's life and career are ending in such a traumatic way.. Believe me I know that in comparison to the victims/survivors of the physical injuries from the shooter that Fentons trauma pales in comparison.. But nonetheless it is still a very raw, painful reality for this woman and all for what????.. All for having the friggin unlucky circumstance of having crossed paths with a real (MI or not this man has ruined more lives than people can even begin to realize).. And at no fault of their own..

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is with Fenton now?? I know that many were upset in their thinking that Fenton was treating the shooter and had negligently failed to notice what in some opinions were an obvious mental health decline..thereby she bore some very real responsibility for the end result that the shooter carried out..

Well, now we know that this Dr did do her duty in that she somehow became aware of "something"(and the how that came about and the what exactly "it" was *factors are still unknown, CRITICAL&IMPORTANT variables) that she felt needed to be reported.. And that's exactly what Fenton did in bringing it before the BETA group..

So, IMO what is most important here that is still missing and unknown is what it was that led to Fenton making the decision to report the shooter to BETA.. IMO until we know the circumstance no one IMO has any right to even question this dr's actions.. She did the right thing as far as procedures and in legally speaking..

This shooter counteracted her approach by then immediately moving to officially withdraw from the program and the school... Is this not understood???

Because IMO it shows even more very methodical and well thought out thought processes and decisions made by the shooter in months leading up to.. Whatever it was that he flubbed up which called attention to him and definitely brought about unwanted attention and scrutiny which was definitely a threat to the shooters extremely premeditated mass murder plan.. He realized whatever it was that Fenton had caught on to, or that he blurted out to her.. He quickly realized his major err and knew his entire murderous manifesto was in real danger of possibly being thwarted by Fentons awareness and paying attention to this student..

Fenton does the right thing by going to the BETA group and bringing this students name to their attention as well as likely statements, actions, or behaviors that she had witnessed(again those critical details remain unknown).. So, there you have the dr operating ethically and legally responsible..

The shooter must counteract to avoid his master plan from being thwarted.. He made his move which was in essence the perfect counteract to Dr Fentons alerting on him to BETA..
He shuts down the issue abruptly and with finality.. Officially and permanently withdrawing himself from the program, and the school as a whole, including removing himself physically from even having access to the campus..

His counteract IMO just further cements that this individual was not in an out of control spiraling madness.. Not in the least, but rather when fully capable and aware of his either misstating something that brought UNWANTED attention to himself.. Or blurting out or any other behavior or action that in any way whatsoever brought about UNWANTED ATTENTION to him by Fenton.. This man was able to thoroughly think through what the repercussions could/would be and what was the best route to take to counteract this err on his part.. And damn it he not only carefully thought out the best way to counteract.. He friggin executed it perfectly and with a swiftness brought the issue immediately to a halt BEFORE ANY FURTHER DAMAGE OR ATTENTION WAS BROUGHT TO HIM AND TO HIS MURDEROUS PLANS!!

This man is cold, calculating, and damn it he even knew how to counteract any obstacle or problem that arose during the planning and execution of his task.. Thorough, methodical.. And NOT AT ALL debilitatingly mentally ill..*

Dr. Fenton is absolutely another victim, another casualty of this master plan that damn it Dr Fenton quickly became an issue and posed a very real threat.. An obstacle and potentially even much more.. The shooter methodically counteracted and thereby diffused what could have very easily become the enemy that thwarted this narcissistic murderer.. The is not in the least bit mentally Ill to a level that in any way whatsoever even begins to matter in a court of criminal law..

All jmo..

Could Holmes have been obsessed with his doctor?

Why else would he send the notebook/ package?

I don't know what she knew, if anything, but I am rather curious about one issue.
She can break doctor patient confidentiality and report him to the police if she knew about a serious threat to specific person or persons. She can also contact these persons directly. But with a plan to shoot up movie theater, the victims are not specific persons.
So, she can not contact them directly.
Can she still break doctor patient confidentiality and call police? Hypothetically speaking, that is. Not saying she knew anything about his plans.

Could Holmes have been obsessed with his doctor?

Why else would he send the notebook/ package?

Could be.

I think he was very angry with her about something, hence stick figure package.

I don't know what she knew, if anything, but I am rather curious about one issue.
She can break doctor patient confidentiality and report him to the police if she knew about a serious threat to specific person or persons. She can also contact these persons directly. But with a plan to shoot up movie theater, the victims are not specific persons.
So, she can not contact them directly.
Can she still break doctor patient confidentiality and call police? Hypothetically speaking, that is. Not saying she knew anything about his plans.

If he told her specifically that was his plan, she could have called police. How far that would have gotten I have no idea.

hmmmm, that is strange. I don't know where you live or who your insurance company is, but that law went into effect in sept of 2010. my son has been back on our insurance for almost a year, we only had to wait for our enrollment period and then put him back on. He is not a student etc...he has a friend who is married and also was able to be put back on his parents insurance,,,,i think your insurance company is not following the law. I would call them asap. I know that you said your daughter works for mc'ds part time which means she is not eligible for insurance through them, so she should be eligible under yours....good luck

My insurance is called a "grandfather" plan. I didn't understand it either, but I did read the law where grandfather plans were exempt.

Mcd does offer insurance for part time or full time if you've been with them over a year.

I know my daughter school, OSU, requires her to have some insurance, if she doesn't she has to take theirs.

In her photos, it also looks like Fenton has had a rather badly botched Blepharoplasty (eye lid surgery)....anyone else spot that?

That photo is taken outside and she is squinting her eyes, so I don't think you can say anything about her eyelids.

Bingo. Vicodin is NOT an anti-anxiety medication and is never prescribed for that. It's pain medication.

I have a friend who is a heroin addict. He's brilliant and kind and interesting but he has been battling addiction most of his life. He will use pills like vicodin when he's cycling back into drug usage. He can get them in five minutes, without a prescription. Almost anyone can.

It is prescribed for pain. But do a google search. It appears to me a lot of people using it for social anxiety. But if somebody wants a prescription they might have to claim they get headaches/migranes, etc. And I don't think there is any way to check if somebody actually has a headache except what they tell the doctor.

I have friends that have been addicted to xanax, vicodin, and ADD (yes, that medication people give to kids)

People can even get addicted to huffing gas, paint thinner, or compresed air. There was teen that was suspend from school for sniffing liquid paper.

If Homes did have a previous MI and it was known diagnosed and recorded prior to Fenton, and.. Fenton initially had concerns for others safety and had initiated a procedure to investigate; even if that had been followed through, could anything have led to the apartment being searched?

This is very close to where Columbine occured and if there were or should have been a procedure in place to pre-empt this sort of thing, there was no better more appropriate setting to test what was learned from Columbine.

I seriously doubt he was scripted Vicodin for anxiety.

He probably didn't even have a prescription for it, it's very easy to get on the street or from a friend.
Speculation alert ! $$$$ I have pondered if he was dealing?

She could report him to police if she knew about serious threat toward specific person or persons. We don't know if she knew anything like that.
She knew plenty -- she attempted to get BETA involved- forget that paperwork silliness ya call 911 -- identify your credential, tell the operator you have been treating him, and are requesting transport to the nearest psyc hospital for further eval.

LE will not mess with this -

She knew plenty -- she attempted to get BETA involved- forget that paperwork silliness ya call 911 -- identify your credential, tell the operator you have been treating him, and are requesting transport to the nearest psyc hospital for further eval.

LE will not mess with this -

Considering forgetting that "paperwork silliness" almost cost her her license in the past, I don't think she would find that to be a very good idea.

We have no idea WHAT exactly he said to her yet. If he said "I am going to kill a bunch of people" yes, she should have called the police.

If he was just acting super strange and stressed? She had no reason to call, and nothing would have happened if she did.

From what's being reported, I'm not too impressed with his supposed psychiatrist and if what's being reported is true I won't be all that surprised to hear she was mis-prescribing his meds. Sadly it happens more than people realize. But Vicodin for anxiety?! (For those who don't know me, I'm stating this as a psych patient not as a professional in any sense of the word)
Yes yes I am being sarcastic -- oh, she was writing RX's for herself, family and friends for benzos narcotics,

, pls talk about some ethical problems...............ugh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back