***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLFY tv 10 CBS interviewing Mickeys sister about arrest and hoping answers from Lawtell property as to their connections to information about Mickey. Appears there is a modular home with Camper on property.
. :please: Hopefully Mickey will be returning home real soon.

So Lawtell is in the opposite direction of Whiskey Bay dump site ?

From KLFY's website:

18959578_BG2.JPG

18959578_BG3.JPG

That looks to be a secluded area and now they are saying an arrest has been made. They also said the area is a major crime scene.

Wow. I have logged on to this site at least twice a day hoping for news!
So happy to see something!

The Lawtell Swords area is a very rural area off Hwy 190. Further north of Lawrell on Hwy 190 is the Town of Port Barry.

There's a pretty distinct logo on those black and white trucks on the left in the photo. Does anyone recognize it?

Almost looks like some LE vehicles, to me. Let me see if I can do some PS magic and get more detail.

Just refreshed my FB page and so glad to see that an arrest has been made! Hopefully this will lead to Mickey being found!! Come home Mickey!!!

The Lawtell Swords area is a very rural area off Hwy 190. Further north of Lawrell on Hwy 190 is the Town of Port Barry.

Swords is a small community located between Opelousas and Lawtell. I'm poring over Google Maps of the area now, to see if I can spot the exact location.

Well...sometimes "Silence is Golden"...hoping this is the real deal!

Where is Mickey?

I'm praying for the Shunick family! Whether good news or bad, please just let them have closure! Of course I am hoping for good news:)

I haven't been on in a few weeks because it was taking over my life! And nothing new was being said. I just saw on FB about the arrest and am SO hoping for some closure for the family.

Let us wait with hopeful bated breath but also with reined hope.

Pressure on LE to say something has been building to a crescendo all week.

This could be "it" - this could also just be an LE reaction to public pressure to arrest "someone" - and then again - this could be "it."

Nothing to do but hunker down until tomorrow. The board will be crazy tonight for sure.

KLFY home page says Brandon Scott Lavergne was arrested.

latest update on the tv stations facebook page:

"KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station
45 seconds ago
The Lafayette Police Department, working with the multi-jurisdiction task force, has made an arrest in connection with the case. Brandon Scott Lavergne is from the Lawtell area. He is a regestered sex offender.

LPD and Saint Landry Parish Sherriff Deputies are executing a search warrant of Brandon Scott Lavergne's residence on the 100 block of Elaine Lane in the Swords area. Saint Landry Parish Sherriff Bobby Guidroz says they are there investigating a major crime. He would neither confirm nor deny that the operation was in connection with the Shunick case.

There will be a news conference at the Lafayette Police Department on Friday, July 6, 2012, at 1:00 pm, regarding new information in the Mickey Shunick case. There will be no comment on the investigation until the press conference. The investigation remains ongoing.

Shunick went missing after leaving a friend's residence in the 100 block of Ryan Street at approximately 2:00 am on, May 19th. Lafayette Police later found Mickey Shunick's bike beneath the Whiskey Bay I-10 Bridge at Exit #127.

Click here for past coverage on the Mickey Shunick Case."

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members