ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a video clip on Toronto Sun around 6/2 or so where a behavioral profiler was discussing the perp's dismemberment video.

This profiler had viewed the video and was working with police in Canada.

He stated that the 'THE' video went on for over an hour.

That means police do have an unedited version.

No guarantee I can find the video. Working on it.

There was a video clip on Toronto Sun around 6/2 or so where a behavioral profiler was discussing the perp's dismemberment video.

This profiler had viewed the video and was working with police in Canada.

That means police do have an unedited version.

No guarantee I can find the video. Working on it.

It's possible. If the unnamed profiler is blabbing details police have not released to the media, I doubt he or she will be working with the police in a few hours from now...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Nature V Nurture is a very old debate. There's no answer. That said, it seems to me that behavior is not an innate trait, but rather something that is learned through social conditioning.

If it is true that Eric was abused by an older man as a young child (per the interview with the former partner), then that social conditioning probably played a role in who he is today.

I think that in all likelihood it's a combination of both nature and nurture. I know that in my case life events are at the root of the illness. That said, it is also possible that someone else would not have reacted in the same way as I did to the same life events. Which would be where nature came in.

I agree too that if LM was abused by older men, that could have played a role. It was in the video link I posted earlier where there were interviews with a forensic psychologist and LM's ex (the transexual writer). The latter mentioned that he kept on sleeping with older men (altho for money), kind of replicating it.

I should add Mariam was Georgian Ingushetia borders Georgia.

There's nothing similar between the murder of Lin and the suicide of Mariam. She was found fully clothed, with injuries consistent with a fall, beneath an underpass in a park that her family sometimes visited. She was depressed and lonely after arriving in Canada.

Otto, I know Magnotta wasn't born at the time but I read on the internet that Magnotta or a post that a screen name that might have been used by Magnotta may have written that Luka Rocco Magnotta is the real assassin of JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald was truthful that he was "just a patsy"...

:)

All Caucasian babies are born with blue/gray eyes (as are all puppies). Asian and Black babies are born with brown eyes. The eye color changes within few weeks (if it changes), well within 3-4 weeks for puppies not sure about human babies.

Same with kittens

yes, i'd heard that about counsellors and shrinks being some of the most messed up people- it was my clinical psychologist who told me :floorlaugh:

I know that a lot of what I've gone through has been environmental. there will almost certainly have been genetic elements sure. My main condition is a form of anxiety which can be extremely severe. It was explained to me that the sudden disappearance of a primary care giver (i.e. parent) at a young age is probably the most severe trauma a young child can experience. In my case it expresses itself in many ways, but the worst is 'catastrophisation', i.e. being convinced that something dreadful is about to happen. For me it's logical that I should fear that, because it actually did happen when I was 6, and very sudden it was two. One minute she was there, next minute gone until i found her 35 years later.

For me depression is a secondary condition brought on by the anxiety disorder.

Anyway I'm finding your posts on this (mental health) aspect very interesting. Thank you.

I am a psych nurse/ desperate housewife and my husband is a psychotherapist, nuff said :floorlaugh:

Honestly, no offense intended James. I was taken more by the references to the victim than the offender in this case. The book referenced was published in 2001, so your take on attitude towards gay may be appropriate. I have absolutely nothing against gay people and as a matter of fact I have a brother that is gay and announced same to the family many years ago.

Take care James and thank you for your valuable input here.

deanna82437 both you and James shared great information; the human behavior theory was so interesting that James read the whole thing and only highlighted info that caused concern about the author's logic. I can't imagine James was judging you or implying that you espoused the view of the author he mentioned (unless you are the author of that article LOL)

Thanks to both of you for sharing such valuable information and a great dialogue about such journal articles.

Nature V Nurture is a very old debate. There's no answer. That said, it seems to me that behavior is not an innate trait, but rather something that is learned through social conditioning.

If it is true that Eric was abused by an older man as a young child (per the interview with the former partner), then that social conditioning probably played a role in who he is today.

I am sure the social conditioning DID play a role. Having said that crazy parents pass along their genes and then often act crazy when raising their offspring. Does that make it all about nurture? We don't know who that "older man" was do we? We don't know if the man was related, or if his parents failed to protect him etc....

It is a combination. 50/50 at the best of times. Good nurturing can reduce certain traits and enhance other traits. Anyone that has taken an interest in domestic non-human animals realizes that fact, but when the word "human" is mentioned genetics are supposed to be non-relevant with regards to behavior.

yes, i'd heard that about counsellors and shrinks being some of the most messed up people- it was my clinical psychologist who told me :floorlaugh:

I know that a lot of what I've gone through has been environmental. there will almost certainly have been genetic elements sure. My main condition is a form of anxiety which can be extremely severe. It was explained to me that the sudden disappearance of a primary care giver (i.e. parent) at a young age is probably the most severe trauma a young child can experience. In my case it expresses itself in many ways, but the worst is 'catastrophisation', i.e. being convinced that something dreadful is about to happen. For me it's logical that I should fear that, because it actually did happen when I was 6, and very sudden it was two. One minute she was there, next minute gone until i found her 35 years later.

For me depression is a secondary condition brought on by the anxiety disorder.

Anyway I'm finding your posts on this (mental health) aspect very interesting. Thank you.

It is very likely that ones genes determine how they deal with and respond to, the environment.

Some people are abused, sexually and/or otherwise, growing up, and when they are adults they become abusers themselves to dismay of everyone since they of all people should know the pain it causes others but they become abusers anyway, whereas others who are abused become adults would never do such a thing or even consider it because they indeed know the pain it brings to a person. This is likely due to genes and those genes playing a role in how one responds to environmental factors.

It's possible. If the unnamed profiler is blabbing details police have not released to the media, I doubt he or she will be working with the police in a few hours from now...

Yeah, most likely. It was at the beginnings of the case.

And, like you said it most likely LE did not appreciate that detail being discussed publicly.

I remember hearing that the video was fairly longer than what the public had seen and thinking "wow, over an hour long...what happened to the other portions?" I assumed that was most likely for potential buyers or perp's personal use.

Agree with the people who believe that an extended version in fact exists. It would make no sense to not record the whole thing.

Imagine being on the jury and having to see the unedited version.

For those who cannot stomach things like that very well it would be traumatic.

Lists for what is allowed and what is not allowed have been added to the first post of this thread. Please take a look at it. Also, please understand this is preliminary and will be adjusted as we move forward and additional information becomes available or questions arise.

As always - if you have questions or concerns, please pm a moderator.

Thanks,

Salem

Honestly, no offense intended James. I was taken more by the references to the victim than the offender in this case. The book referenced was published in 2001, so your take on attitude towards gay may be appropriate. I have absolutely nothing against gay people and as a matter of fact I have a brother that is gay and announced same to the family many years ago.

Take care James and thank you for your valuable input here.

Hey, no offence taken at all. The reason I clicked on the link was what you said about references to the victim rather than the offender, and wanted to read more. I will continue to browse that site, there's quite a lot of stuff there and it might be interesting.

If you find it I would appreciate a link. There had to be a WHOLE lot more video of that situation. Not sure it will be released, Armin had a whole lot of video and 10 years later to my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong) it has never been released.

Yeah, most likely. It was at the beginnings of the case.

And, like you said it most likely LE did not appreciate that detail being discussed publicly.

I remember hearing that the video was fairly longer than what the public had seen and thinking "wow, over an hour long...what happened to the other portions?" I assumed that was most likely for potential buyers or perp's personal use.

Agree with the people who believe that an extended version in fact exists. It would make no sense to not record the whole thing.

Imagine being on the jury and having to see the unedited version.

For those who cannot stomach things like that very well it would be traumatic.

I've never murdered someone, never decapitated someone, never committed cannibalism and never committed acts of necrophilia; but would agree that doing all those acts might take well over an hour if not hours.

Depending on what his endgame for filming it was, I would not be surprised if there are several different 'director's cut' version of the video.

Although, speaking form experience, having worked at MSM outlets in which the 'one man band' video journalism model was utilized (reporter produces it, shoots it, writes scripts, does VO and edits the footage into the final package for review by an editor), I can tell you that even using the best software, the video editing process is always time consuming no matter how proficient one could be. I'm not sure he had the time to do a ton of editing...

I have seen several people state that the authorities have now for certain determined that it is Luka in the video. This is NOT apparent in the edited version and the assumption is that in the unedited version that the authorities have he can be seen. I have found NO reports that indicates this but it has been stated here as fact several times, so can anyone show me a report where it indicates that he can be SEEN in the unedited version and the authorities have FOR CERTAIN tied him to the video, because I dont believe that is the case.

I am looking for stuff myself but not finding anything yet.

1. The post is dated September 18th 2010 4 days past the 1 year anniversary of Mariam's disappearance also note he uses 2009 in his user name. It is not impossible of course that Mariam was murdered on the 18th.

2. before the body was found many in blogs and chat rooms many did not think the video was real they emphasized how easily L.M. cut up the body. Perhaps like someone not only who has done this before but who had training. Anyone have a perspective on this know somebody who is a doctor etc.? It is an important clue from the video looking beyond this one man's death to others.

1. The post is dated September 18th 2010 4 days past the 1 year anniversary of Mariam's disappearance also note he uses 2009 in his user name. It is not impossible of course that Mariam was murdered on the 18th.

2. before the body was found many in blogs and chat rooms many did not think the video was real they emphasized how easily L.M. cut up the body. Perhaps like someone not only who has done this before but who had training. Anyone have a perspective on this know somebody who is a doctor etc.? It is an important clue from the video looking beyond this one man's death to others.

Sounds like the Mariam case is important to you. Maybe a mod might allow you to start a thread focused on that case.

I have seen several people state that the authorities have now for certain determined that it is Luka in the video. This is NOT apparent in the edited version and the assumption is that in the unedited version that the authorities have he can be seen. I have found NO reports that indicates this but it has been stated here as fact several times, so can anyone show me a report where it indicates that he can be SEEN in the unedited version and the authorities have FOR CERTAIN tied him to the video, because I dont believe that is the case.

You won't find a report because none exists, nor does a one-hour uncut video viewed by a Sun TV guest "profiler". :)

IMO the silly goose got too caught up in the enjoyment of the unspeakable acts he was committing and, in an unedited version, allowed his face shown on camera. As this horrific act was the epitome of him carrying out his most twisted sexual desires, I believe he would want to keep an unedited version and "Little Luka" probably is most responsive when "big Luka's" face is shown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa