ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
very well spoken. i got that feeling to.. it wasnt about getting off on the kill.. but on the attention it would get him.

the lack of blood also plays a huge part.. and for me the lack of "suffering" (dont attack me, i know JL suffered and its deplorable) but we only see him alive at the beginning of the video(to me the hardest part to watch)

their is another video online of a russian murder. i wont mention to much more as i dont wanna encourage couriosity. i read the description of this video in a story months ago, and ive been haunted by it since..

You are spot on about the lack of suffering. I think that was the phrasing I was looking for.

Not to derail, but as an aside that video is the only one I have been unable to watch in the history of the internet. I tried to once out of curiosity after reading conflicting details but couldn't get past the first 20 seconds of it.

Not brave. Sick, IMO.

You clearly do not realize the types of people who are here. They are not sick. You also probably do not realize the varying professions people here have, from various levels of law enforcement to members of the press, to victims themselves of various types of crimes.

Here at websleuths, we sleuth cases and sometimes they aint so pretty.

It is incredibly rude to call a bunch of people you do not know "sick" for having more passion about victims than most people we are around on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, in order to properly investigate this case, the video had to be watched. While many do not want to watch it, some are able to and give key details that PROVE (in our opinions) who the killer is. Analysis HAD to be done....it was done...and it put to rest many people's questioning of whether or not LM was truly guilty.

With all due respect - sincerely - why did any of you choose to view the video? I'd like to understand. Was it in an effort to bear witness? For me, a brief description of the video was enough.

for ANAYSIS....believe it or not, many people in the beginning were not sure it was legit and he was the killer....

for example...ANALYSIS such as THIS...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13673

and this to figure out if his infamous gold chain was seen...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13677

an example of matching bedding from the killvid to bedding in a regular pic w/ LM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13665

it certainly wasn't for *advertiser censored* and giggles....

With all due respect - sincerely - why did any of you choose to view the video? I'd like to understand. Was it in an effort to bear witness? For me, a brief description of the video was enough.

I'm one of those people who *has to know* every last detail -- of everything! Seriously, it's a curse. I personally have not watched the video. But that's only because I think the visual images would haunt me and make me anxious. However, if I could, I would watch. And it wouldn't be because it satisfied some twisted need on my part. My *need* is simply to know as much as possible about a given situation so that it can be analyzed and possibly understood at some level.

To my way of thinking, you can't begin to truly understand, explain or address something accurately unless you know as much as possible about it. I've been that way my entire life and I think knowing as much as possible about what makes people like LM tick is a good thing. I am very interested in hearing about his psych evals, if he has them. And I also hope they study him to the extent possible. I would love to know how he went from an innocent baby to this. I think the video is essential to that process, even though I can't watch it myself. jmo

Well since I must defend myself for having seen the video (and now I wish I had kept my mouth shut for having seen it since I am sure to be attacked now and pushed off this board because I am uber avoidant usually of any confrontation) I don't even remember how I stumbled upon- I wasn't on any weird sites or anything. I saw someone talking about it and was "no way in hell- someone would really just do that and put it out there". So I clicked it skipped around- thought it had to be fake because it showed no actual murder and seemed so overproduced. It was just so blantant :/ then I connected it with the news item about the '*advertiser censored* serial killer' who was unnaccounted for. Then I saw that yes, this was real- someone really did this and got away. After that I saw people on news sites commenting about various things they had seen that he had posted or done which led me here.

Some points though about why I could get through it- 1. I thought it was fake (at first until I saw the head) 2. I am not as sensitive to this specifically as in it appeared it was happening to a dead person and not a live person who was screaming and in pain.

Now on the flip side I can't bring myself to watch the kitten videos. I do value the life of a man more than a cat but I just can't watch anything happening to children or animals. I can't watch Tru TV videos of babysitters kicking kids. Do I judge other people for seeing it? No.... I do think it should be pulled from the web. Because now that we know its real, which many thought it was fake at first, then yeah- it falls into the category of obscene right along with child abuse and bestiality.

I know I am still going to get patronizing comments like "well I am not saying anything bad to you BUT..." And yeah I feel horribly for having seen it now. I feel horrible that people want me to feel bad for having seen it. I feel horrible that there may be more dead people that have not been found out about yet.

But I really don't like people making condescending remarks towards me- or subtly trying to compare me to the type of person who would make this video- or implying that I am some serial killer who is on this board pretending to have a kind heart. Hey- some may be overly sensitive to seeing death- I am overly sensitive to people questioning my character or implying that they are better humans than me when I am playing on the same darn team as all of you

Once again, sillybilly, I have apologized repeatedly for the generalizing 'sick' comment. Not sure what else I must do to make amends.

But myself and others do raise a good point, I think. Namely, why is it necessary or desirable to view the video (yes, I completely understand that LE officers are forced to endure these kinds of viewings), especially when graphic descriptions suffice and are readily available for those needing or wanting information? But most especially after the fact of the crime?

Again, this probably won't make me the most popular new member here...lol, but it begs the question: If looking at 'snuff' videos (those real and hopefully most faked) was an activity only for those actively investigating crimes, and not a (I'm sorry, I'll say it again) sick interest and bit o' titillation for much of humanity...

Well, again, sites like the one that posted the video in the first place would not exist.

There are pages and pages of this thread linking images to this deceased victim's dismembered torso, in a nitpicking discussion of what breed of dog this might be, and where are his ears in relation to his paws (not to mention the creepy links to soundbites from it). I'm sorry, but in the end, I must concur with the above poster--this is snuff.

You are spot on about the lack of suffering. I think that was the phrasing I was looking for.

Not to derail, but as an aside that video is the only one I have been unable to watch in the history of the internet. I tried to once out of curiosity after reading conflicting details but couldn't get past the first 20 seconds of it.

yea i didnt really want to use that word, because he clearly did suffer. its just what we see.. i didnt want it to be misconstrued by some..

thats 20 seconds more then i could.. im haunted by it.. lots of nights without sleep.. those 2 sick ****s are truely scary.. i dont think LRM comes close to those 2.. hell maybe they lock them all in the same room

And FWIW- if my demographics come into play at all I am female, 20s, no children and I am in the military where I am constantly surrounded by the early 20s male mentality and have been for the last 10 years. Maybe thats why I am such a horrible person?

for ANAYSIS....believe it or not, many people in the beginning were not sure it was legit and he was the killer....

for example...ANALYSIS such as THIS...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13673

and this to figure out if his infamous gold chain was seen...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13677

an example of matching bedding from the killvid to bedding in a regular pic w/ LM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13665

it certainly wasn't for *advertiser censored* and giggles....
It's evidence...in all it's gore and detail, it's quite simply, evidence.

PS- and I couldn't bring myself to watch it ("transcript" only for me!), but can appreciate it's evidenciary value.

Once again, sillybilly, I have apologized repeatedly for the generalizing 'sick' comment. Not sure what else I must do to make amends.

But myself and others do raise a good point, I think. Namely, why is it necessary or desirable to view the video (yes, I completely understand that LE officers are forced to endure these kinds of viewings), especially when graphic descriptions suffice and are readily available for those needing or wanting information? But most especially after the fact of the crime?

Again, this probably won't make me the most popular new member here...lol, but it begs the question: If looking at 'snuff' videos (those real and hopefully most faked) was an activity only for those actively investigating crimes, and not a (I'm sorry, I'll say it again) sick interest and bit o' titillation for much of humanity...

Well, again, sites like the one that posted the video in the first place would not exist.

There are pages and pages of this thread linking images to this deceased victim's dismembered torso, in a nitpicking discussion of what breed of dog this might be, and where are his ears in relation to his paws (not to mention the creepy links to soundbites from it). I'm sorry, but in the end, I must concur with the above poster--this is snuff.

I guess this is where we will just disagree- nothing on God's green earth is going to prove to you that I did not enjoy the video. Its a very divisive issue now that the dust is settling on him being caught. I just sincerely took it personally. Too bad its an issue that has to exist in the first place. I can't say I have gotten my feelings hurt on the net in a long while lol

I watched the video. Well, I use the word "watched" loosely. I had to avert my eyes several times and I was left with a sick feeling... in my stomach as well as in my heart.

I am a nurse. The feelings that were invoked in me were not at all caused by the gore, the body, or the blood. Those were actually the times I was paying closer attention. However, the sexual things I could not watch, or any of the actual cutting, although I can view a surgery without blinking an eye. The difference was intent, and maliciousness, and that was the content that left me with the sickening feelings.

I am not "in" to gore in the least, but my profession requires me to be a bit more tolerant of it than most people. I applaud people like LE, pathologists, medical examiners, investigators, etc who do some of the really dirty work that benefits us all.

I guess this is where we will just disagree- nothing on God's green earth is going to prove to you that I did not enjoy the video. Its a very divisive issue now that the dust is settling on him being caught. I just sincerely took it personally. Too bad its an issue that has to exist in the first place. I can't say I have gotten my feelings hurt on the net in a long while lol

dont take it to personally, emotions have been running high.. apparently in the first few days after the news broke when i first joined. people thought i might be Luca.. i choose to laugh it off, and thank to myself that im not as paranoyed as some.

altho im not proud to admit that had people attacked me for possibly being him, i might have been tempted to "mess" with them back and play along

This is whole new kind of reality for me, a whole new kind of crazy, IMO.
I think many are just trying our best to help. I know I'm feeling my way through all the information that is coming out. I appreciate everyone who has dug through the dark side of the internet to find and post this information. I'm afraid (truly) to click on the links so am relying on y'all to keep posting. Thank you everyone!

Well said Karmady! You put my thoughts into words. In order to fully understand and analyze the case, I think that viewing the video is vital. However, while my analytical side wants to see it, my emotional side says "no". I am sure it will cause nightmares and bring up irrational fears that I don't really want to deal with at this time.

As for sleuthing him and piecing together a timeline, I think that's a great idea. It is hard to believe that this is his first murder of a human. It would be good to have a timeline of where he has been and when. While he might look younger, he is 29 years old. He's had plenty of time to perfect his techniques.

I don't think you mean any offense. I don't think you were attacking anyone. You are entitled to your opinion, and I think you are respecting the feedback you are getting. The good thing about WS is that we can discuss and disagree and still co-exist for a greater good.

However, I don't think anyone said this wasn't snuff. (That is why LRM made it, after all.) I can only say that I didn't watch it for enjoyment. I don't think anyone here did. Are there people out there that have? Yes. For some I'm sure it was gratification. For some it might be just be a simple morbid curiosity, and that isn't bad or unusual. It's pretty human. Someone of us can stomach things others can't. It happens.

I am not directing this toward you are anyone here specifically, but as a general statement, I think it's easy for people to be shocked by things. Some of us aren't. Not much shocks me. I'm not cynical, but I'm practical. This is life. These things happen. It happened before the internet and will happen after. It's easy to generalize, and I think it's because people want a tangible thing to put the blame on. Sites like bestgore aren't the cause or it. Not even really the incubator. Historically there have been collectives for centuries. Now it's just easier to access.

I have to say,I honestly and truly really struggled with myself about the whole thing.And I have to admit I wanted to watch it.It was some sort of hard to explain curiousity and I myself thought it was sick that I decided to see it.Like I mentioned before after I did I was really,really disturbed that it did NOT disturb me.Like the other posters said it seemed soo fake,he was not "enjoying" it ,it was horrid and disgusting but it was like really bad acting.LM was posing as killer.That's all he is a poser,void of any passion or emotion but the love for his own "attractiveness" There was nothing sexual either IMO.Mr.Lin was just a prop.
I feel sooooo horrible thinking this really was a HUMAN ,a sweet,beautiful young man,taken from life because of someone's disgusting desire of fame.
But yet the video itself did not bring these emotions.I do not regret seeing it because it made me see for myself what others are talking about.
One poster commented when I was struggling with having watched it before that I probably won't let my mind realize that it was REAL that there is something protecting it.I actually think most of the kids making these horrible comments on the "gore web site" do the same thing,they really are not all sick and twisted and will turn into serial killers.I think most of them are just curious and make silly commments because they're protecting themselves from realizing the reality of it all IMO

Well said Karmady! You put my thoughts into words. In order to fully understand and analyze the case, I think that viewing the video is vital. However, while my analytical side wants to see it, my emotional side says "no". I am sure it will cause nightmares and bring up irrational fears that I don't really want to deal with at this time.

As for sleuthing him and piecing together a timeline, I think that's a great idea. It is hard to believe that this is his first murder of a human. It would be good to have a timeline of where he has been and when. While he might look younger, he is 29 years old. He's had plenty of time to perfect his techniques.
There's been other crimes...has to be. JMO

Ironically, I joined this board because another young lady (maybe it was Claudicici? i don't know) posted about how upset she was that she watched it and could not feel anything (I truly think that was the intent of the video, to dehumanize) I really felt what she felt and that was why I created an account to answer why she maybe felt that way and why it was okay. It will come out somewhere one day for me. Usually for me it is nightmares. I wont even be thinking about something upsetting I saw on tv and BAM- horrendous nightmares. the kind where you wake up with heart pounding. Those of us who saw it- will probably have to deal with it at some point probably after we have not even been thinking about it for a while.

I just want to say that I hope I didn't make anyone uncomfortable by saying they were "brave" for watching the video. Bad choice of words on my part, and I apologize. Also, I was not criticizing anyone in any way. I was speaking from my own point of view, not judging anyone in any shape or form. The video - it's just something I can not view. I can not stand to watch human or animal suffering. It pains me greatly and throws me into deep depression. For the most part, I see the good in people and not the bad. Evilness like LM's is hard for me to grasp. I haven't slept well since this case broke. I think of Mr. Lin; I think of his family; And I think of the kittens, and I even think of LM and what made him the way he turned out. And I wonder if he has committed other murders. My post wasn't to point fingers, or to judge or criticize. My post was more of me trying to work out why others can view such things while I can not.

I am sitting here very sad that I have offended people. Please accept my apologies for using the term "brave". I should have used the word "strong" perhaps? Anyway, I'm a not a great communicator at times and often put my foot in my mouth. I don't mean any harm to anyone.

\

There is nothing about this case that is going to be easy for anyone. This is not everyday life or crime because its just on that evil of a level. As long as we are all on the same page that we need to keep poking around, finding more and more stuff to make sure this man has charges flying at him from all over the Americas and maybe more! I apologize for being overly sensitive. I usually don't even talk on messages boards EVER! Something about this case got me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels