ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt that he was involved with the kittens film as he was interviewed about it in the UK in Dec, 2011. There is no doubt that he was involved in the murder, mutilation and abuse of Lin Jun. Police have footage of cannibalism that was not included in the online release. There is no question about who did this. The only questions are how did he become like this and are there any other victims?

Yes, I totally agree. I def. think he's behind this and I also wonder what drove him this far.

Tbh I don't think this was his first murder and we haven't seen the whole picture yet, sadly..

There is no doubt that he was involved with the kittens film as he was interviewed about it in the UK in Dec, 2011. There is no doubt that he was involved in the murder, mutilation and abuse of Lin Jun. Police have footage of cannibalism that was not included in the online release. There is no question about who did this. The only questions are how did he become like this and are there any other victims?

He was interviewed about the kitten videos because he went to the Sun's offices to deny he was responsible. He's never said he did then, tho it's pretty obvious he did.

We do know for a fact that the animals right organisation was after him but it's not very likley they would frame him for a murder just to get him behind bars.

The animal rights folks did cross my mind, animal lovers can be pretty hard core. They wouldn't frame him to get him behind bars (heck why kill some innocent guy to put Magnotta in prison when they COULD just kill Magnotta?).

However the whole "I killed kittens and I am graduating to human killing line" THAT would make sense. Did Magnotta actually say that on video or was that just posted (and possibly fake)?

O/T - Ouch! But someone had to say it. Good for him and totally agree with him!

In a five-minute exchange with reporters Thursday, Villeneuve urged the protesters to go back to school.

He suggested they were lazy. He called them an embarrassment to Canada -- especially to Quebec. He suggested they were badly raised, by parents who never learned to say, 'No.'

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=397906

The animal rights folks did cross my mind, animal lovers can be pretty hard core. They wouldn't frame him to get him behind bars (heck why kill some innocent guy to put Magnotta in prison when they COULD just kill Magnotta?).

However the whole "I killed kittens and I am graduating to human killing line" THAT would make sense. Did Magnotta actually say that on video or was that just posted (and possibly fake)?

He's wrote in the e-mail to Alex West :-

"But next time you hear from me it will be in a movie I am producing that will have some humans in it, not just *advertiser censored*."

Question to ppl overseas:
Is it some kind of bank holiday today in Canada (some countries here in Europe have it) or is it a normal day when post goes as usual?

That image made me laugh. Thanks :silly:
Eric Newman really did try hard, didn't he?

ETA: Seeing his baby picture makes me sad. He was cute, with his tongue sticking out. What the heck happened?!?

I have said it before, there is so much that can go wrong in the womb. Environment is important, but truly we have seen it in other cases, there is that something else. I think it is genes, brain damage, perhaps a deficiency in utero etc...but their brains are just dang broke. Much the same as FAS, damaged and dangerous and it must be very confusing for them and probably scarey to live inside their heads. JMO I can only imagine what family members have gone through with concern for him over the years and what he might do. :moo: At the very least it is possible that educators identified him as a problem at some point but as we know by adulthood they have slipped back into the cracks. This shouldn't happen.

As a world society, we are failing people with serious mental health issues. Even if there were a medical treatment could these people afford it? Cities all over the world have people on the streets who cannot afford their mental health medications because they cannot hold a job as they are sick and therefore have no benefits either. These individuals had problems since birth IMO and the system failed many of them and their families. Such a big problem, so big. So through the gaping holes they slip, usually end up on the street and involved in drugs, families with their fingers crossed...wondering how bad it will get will they hurt themselves or worse someone else. Very sad. These issues have to be brought to light and dealt with, stigma's erased to allow open identification and treatment for these people. There is no other way to affect change.

Magnotta will have to take back stage for a while newswise. Student protests at the Grand Prix festivities took center stage in the news. Riot squad in full force downtown last night and probably all weekend long.

I felt sorry for the officer that stated that after 100 days of dealing with protesters protesting the right to protest (an offshoot from those protesting the raise in post-secondary tuition fees to a fraction of what the rest of the country pays), they had probably made mistakes ... but who wouldn't after 100 days of this. It's more days now ... a bunch of youth bi tching because they have to pay for an education .. one that has been subsidized by other provinces.

I am okay with all post secondary institutions in Quebec locking out students until they decide that it's worth it to them. As for radicals on the protesting for the sake of protest path ... shut down the student fee protest and the rest will crawl back into their cardboard boxes.

It's good that Eric Newman is a non-news topic. He has to share fame with a Turkish decapitating, spousal homicide suspect in Germany and students that want something for nothing. Sending body parts in the mail is old news, as is dismemberment, mutilation, necrophilia, gay bashing, abuse of a body ... it's barely a blip on the screen in news here. He's caught, he'll be dealt with and that's the end of it. The process is interesting to me ... but the outcome is not a mystery.

Is it some kind of bank holiday today in Canada (some countries here in Europe have it) or is it a normal day when post goes as usual?

Unless I am missing something, pretty sure today is a normal day, business as usual. If not, I am in for a big surprise when I go to the grocery store later today! :woohoo:

I have said it before, there is so much that can go wrong in the womb. Environment is important, but truly we have seen it in other cases, there is that something else. I think it is genes, brain damage, perhaps a deficiency in utero etc...but their brains are just dang broke. Much the same as FAS, damaged and dangerous and it must be very confusing for them and probably scarey to live inside their heads. JMO I can only imagine what family members have gone through with concern for him over the years and what he might do. :moo:

As a world society, we are failing people with serious mental health issues. Even if there were a medical treatment could these people afford it? Cities all over the world have people on the streets who cannot afford their mental health medications because they cannot hold a job as they are sick and therefore have no benefits either. These individuals had problems since birth IMO and the system failed many of them and their families. Such a big problem, so big. So through the gaping holes they slip, usually end up on the street and involved in drugs, families with their fingers crossed...wondering how bad it will get. Very sad.

Very well put! It's exactly why we need to try and understand Magnotta; to be able to see early signs in the possible "next Magnotta case". We need tools and knowledge how to try preventing these horrble things to happen

He was interviewed about the kitten videos because he went to the Sun's offices to deny he was responsible. He's never said he did then, tho it's pretty obvious he did.

I don't know anything about Eric Newman, but after watching the interview with the UK reporter, I did not doubt that he was involved with the kitten files. He attempts to be coy and clever, but instead he portays an aloofness towards the life and health of animals and people. He followed up his interview with a threat, sent from the Netherlands, that he would next murder a person and provide evidence.

I don't know anything about Eric Newman, but after watching the interview with the UK reporter, I did not doubt that he was involved with the kitten files. He attempts to be coy and clever, but instead he portays an aloofness towards the life and health of animals and people. He followed up his interview with a threat, sent from the Netherlands, that he would next murder a person and provide evidence.

And that was 6 months ago so very premeditated.

Also, excellent post snoofer.

G'Morning everyone! We slept in today - this entire thing is very tiring. Just want to commend the Montreal police for dealing with this crime and the idiots disrupting the lovely streets of Montreal.

Good luck today to the people of Montreal and the F1 races. (Montreal is my favourite city in the entire world. For many years, it was the only city on earth where I was able to truly sit down and pray. I'm grateful for those moments......)

Sorry, I got off-track there. :)

just a normal day today, no bank holidays. Important to remember that the big post days of Canada are gone. It is mostly private post outlets in convenience and drug stores now. MOO

Victoria Day is May 24, but the long weekend was on May 19, before the murder ... so no, mail was normal service ... Monday to Friday once a day.

He's wrote in the e-mail to Alex West :-

"But next time you hear from me it will be in a movie I am producing that will have some humans in it, not just *advertiser censored*."

an email purporting to be from a John Kilbride (correct name?) the name of one of the Moors Murder victims, but almost certainly from LM.

Today is as 'normal' as it can be here in Canada considering we have LRM on our minds! Yes, we have postal delivery today! :)

Around the time of that posting, LM released the video with him killing the 2 kittens with the vacuum bag. The original video titles was "1 Boy 2 Kittens", the other video's released were also named in a similar fashion, and now we have a video titled "1 Lunatic 1 Icepick".

This to me is where LM got his inspiration from, it almost seems like a copycat crime....

Wouldn't call it a "copycat" killing imitating the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs, that is a popular naming convention for the most shocking of videos. 2 girls 1 cup, 1 guy 1 jar, 3 guys 1 hammer, 2 guys 1 horse, etc.... and only 1 of those was a death video.

Having said that, the 3 guys 1 hammer video (Dnepropetrovsk maniacs) was extremely harsh and really disturbing, thank goodness this was NOT a copycat crime.

I find myself paranoid when I check mail, now (temporary paranoia). Been checking any letters and parcels for blood stains and stink. :panic: :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oxfordlawyers