Article about missing people on Malta 2010 - 2019

Reaction score
I found an interesting article showing statistics about missing people on the island of Malta during the last decade. The numbers of missing people are interesting, more women than men are reported missing, but the majority of all missing are eventually found. Of those still missing, most are men 272, while 87 are women, and most of those missing are foreigners, only 70 is Maltese.
Nearly 70 Maltese are still ‘missing’ from last decade

This is really interesting, thank you for sharing! I tutored a German women whose son lived in Malta, and she talked at length about what a unique place is it. I know the population is pretty small, so this seems like an extraordinary large number of people over the last decade.

Well, Malta have recieved 15,000 asylum seekers from the Middle East and Africa since 2001, and as the article says, many of the reported missing are migrants who have left the island, and until the Maltese police receive confirmation that they are in good health and receding in an other country, they are considered as missing in Malta. There are "only" 359 persons still missing since 2010 to today, so most missing people have been found. The only worrying fact about those still missing is that 181 of them are minors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuhwraywray
Back