Article: Police ID Long Island Serial Killer

You POI sounds interesting. I too have a POi from the area. My evidence is that I have a bunch of strange coincidences but the real crazy thing is that I can actually place him in the areas where 3 of the G4 went missing from, on the days they went missing and that includes Melissa Barthelemy who went missing from the Bronx. He literally had to drive right past her home. He established alibi's on each day via social media. The day MB went missing he claimed to be making a road trip to north eastern PA but he was alone an the activity he was going to engage In is not the kind of thing you do alone. He even lives in the neighborhood where one of the victims was living and went missing from. Each day a victim went missing was significant dates in his life. He is a summer visitor of sorts, while he resides on the mainland, he spends most of his summers camping on the beach. In the years the GB4 went missing; he was out there and a lot of the time by himself. There's so, so, much more.but I won't get into all of it because they don't connect him to any specific evidence.

Anyway I felt really silly calling police too. I had thought of writing an anon tip. I'm just scared they will know it's me. I just want to be anonymous because the person is actually a relative. Let's hope one of us has the guy.

Kudos to you for calling notorious. The unibomber may not have been caught if his brother had not recognized his writing style and turned him in. Who better to place a killer at certain locations than a relative.

curiosityscat, Do you know if your suspect had/has any connection to Daytona Beach in his construction endeavers? One of the DB victim's body was found in an area where construction was taking place.

I'm not sure what you mean? Regarding the call into the FBI or My reasons about the individual I submitted?
It has been, what?, 6 going on 7 years since all of the bodies were found. At the time, I like so many other people looked into the case, the materials, the body dumping & discovery, the locations, times of day/night, the out of state bodies/murders, and the million and one 'theories'...and I can list the ticker points of why I thought this person fit the bill:

1) Type of Business afforded direct ready access to the multiple materials types utilized to store/move/dump the bodies.
2) Type of Business also afforded not even a second glace from either laymen OR if seen, from LE, if seen coming/going and/or at any of the locations be they isolated beach, or high cost vaction/home areas. As presence there could easily and simply be explained away. It also does not hurt that this individual is fairly known and active in the community and very charismatic. Another reason why the vehicles would not be looked at askew is the variety of locations one would expect to see them visit from commercial bldg. to construction, to residential construction, and/or multi-million dollar residences which this person would know if empty, etc. to isolated beach locations, all of them are places which would be very logical to find this person and/or any of the vehicles (would not prompt questions or suspicion).
3) Speaking of transportation, this individual had ready access to multiple vehicle types from cars, trucks, to vans, and equipment, and also to anywhere, as a pilot with a plane.
4) At the time, it was possible to look back and see what was happening locally in the area of the out of state murders (if they are even connect, if so, then there would be an easy thread and connection, if not, then guess it is just --yet ANOTHER-- coincidence), during the dates that the hotel murder incidents occurred, like less than 5 blocks from the site, was..,and I am doing this from memory, as my files are locked inside one of my old laptops....there was either a trade show for this person's industry (and at this person's level of business/industry involvment, I find it doubtful he would have passed up attending), and/or there was a related business to which he logically would have visited if in the area...I honestly can't recall which it was, but it was one or the other.
5. Also, if you looked at the property of this person, just prior to the body dumps, there was a home, a detached sort of set back building easy to describe but difficult without saying too much. However, this building, if it had a basement, would easily have afforded a private location for keeping someone hidden and/or body dismemberment or storage/burial. (Easily viewable via Google) Right after the body dumps, he began major construction on his property, after months:m/years & to date, you could see why it would necessitate that he move any bodies to perform the extensive construction on his property, which included two new detached long term solid structures, home renovations, and a lot of area that was previously dirt is now pavement. Plus the property backed to water access. All of it seemed just as if he decided to wipe the slate clean and pour his efforts into construction. Also if you view his level of business activity there was a major surge after the body dump period and construction, like he threw his drive/attention into expanding his business.

If you want more info or details about the person I submitted, you will have to look up my old posts (one prior to me stating I called in, and the rest were ages/years ago, when they found all the bodies.)

Hopefully, that gave you what you seek, otherwise, kindly clarify, what exactly you are asking.

It is in the hands of the FBI & LE now, whether I am right or wrong, only time will tell. I hope they honestly follow up on this person and they are able to research him and find the appropriate threads they need to find evidence. Hopefully, while I'm still around to see it happen. I'm not in the best of health, which is what prompted me to finally submit his name to LE, just in case something happens to me, at least I put his name on their radar, my conscience is clear. I rather feel stupid and be wrong, than never say anything and allow someone horrid to continue killing. Once in the past, I keep my mouth shut about an attempted assault, and I have always regretted it (more so the older I got), because I am almost positive that person did it again to someone else and who knows what the outcome of it was and if he continued doing it, but it was too late to report it, this I could still, so I did, on the chance I was even remotely right about him.

I don't get it. So you basically tipped the FBI off about a person who had the means to commit the murders and who was frequently in the area?

No ties to any of the victims?

No knowledge of him doing anything violent against prostitutes?

How does he differ from any of the thousands of other people who live, work, fish, hunt, surf, bike, hike, sight-see, and joy-ride along Ocean Parkway every single year?

ps149,
Curiosityscat did the right thing by tipping off the FBI.

Hunches, inclinations, suspicions and feelings can be valuable in cold cases like this one. LE has to start somewhere. I would also suggest Notorious contact the FBI as well. Giving the police a lead can result in discovering new information. Even if the person mentioned is innocent, the investigational process can result in new information being discovered that could lead to an arrest.

What about James Burke ex Suffolk County police chief? Hasort there been any new victims found since he has been incarnated

Hello jst became a member and I love this type of investigating, I believe it's an officer or security guard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back