Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree.

She has proven that Joran has told one truth, and that is that he has been harassed by this woman for the last 5 years. If he told one truth, then maybe he told another ... maybe the harassment caused him to falsely confess, simply because he was young, impetuous, and needed a fast buck now and then. This was a huge error in judgment.

She's the mother of a missing woman. Harassing the man she blames, in jail, and trying to secretly video the confrontation, is beyond bizarre.

I couldn't disagree more.

MO, it is a huge stretch to take this and say it proves Joran is telling the truth about being harassed for five years. I don't think he proved anything of the sort.

Anyone that has been closely following this case for the past five years knows that his lies began the very first day. His stories changed long before any of what you are calling harassment by Beth. His confession to Patrick didn't come out of any harassment since he didn't even know he was being recorded.

She broke the law, for one thing. She thought that she could get away with sneaking a video camera into a Peruvian prison, once again demonstrating that she has no respect for law enforcement. Peruvian jail guards had to deal with the fact that an American thought she could get away with sneaking a camera into prison. That's a bit ... not only rude, but seriously underestimating their job performance.

I don't believe she's willing to risk going to prison, I think she's confident that she can get out of any violations related to Joran by pleading emotional distress. The "intimidation" factor matters because she attempted to confront Joran in prison and secretly video the confrontation. It's more than obvious she would have released the footage through the media, given Peter de Vries' participation. That's going a little too far by all standards.

Again with all due respect, aren't you going a little overboard here? We don't even have the entire story.

She doesn't need to plead anything, he did put her in emotional distress.

On one hand we have the murderer of Stephany who probably also murdered Natalee or at the very least is responsible for Natalee's disappearance and we have a desperate mother who snuck a camera into a prison.

I understand that she may have made a dumb move here but the outrage over it seems a little skewed to me.

InSession/Jean Casarez Reports
September 17, 2010

[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8253578/21950414"]Beth Holloway: Short Visit With Joran on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

Lights, action, cameras!

Thank you Patty G

According to Altez, all Beth said to Joran was that she had no hate in her heart for him, he seemed pleased but said he couldn't talk without his attorney and it ended there.

That doesn't sound at all like intimidation

IMO, the person that I truly feel bad for is Stephanie's brother especially when he knocked on the door to Beth's room and was hit with lights and cameras.

This was all for a documentary and I am not happy about this at all!

IMO, the person that I truly feel bad for is Stephanie's brother especially when he knocked on the door to Beth's room and was hit with lights and cameras.

My bolding

I feel for Enrique as well. He should have been told ahead of time and not blindsided. That was wrong.

Originally Posted by jwarner View Post
NG

JWarner--
"This stunt going to Peru to confront Joran is the single worst thing she could have done. She just made Joran's case of intimidation for him. She now has created real doubt. "

I'm having trouble getting pages to load here so I snatched that quote from someone else's post, but to reply to it,

Au contraire, this was a smart move on the part of BT. Think of it as a publicity stunt to get the name of her daughter once again on the minds of the Peruvians, and to remind everyone that Stephanie wasn't the first. If her visit sowed more seeds of hatred of Joran Van der Sloot then she accomplished at least part of what she set out to do.

JWarner--
"This stunt going to Peru to confront Joran is the single worst thing she could have done. She just made Joran's case of intimidation for him. She now has created real doubt. "

I'm having trouble getting pages to load here so I snatched that quote from someone else's post, but to reply to it,

Au contraire, this was a smart move on the part of BT. Think of it as a publicity stunt to get the name of her daughter once again on the minds of the Peruvians, and to remind everyone that Stephanie wasn't the first. If her visit sowed more seeds of hatred of Joran Van der Sloot then she accomplished at least part of what she set out to do. Like it or not.

Thank you Patty G

According to Altez, all Beth said to Joran was that she had no hate in her heart for him, he seemed pleased but said he couldn't talk without his attorney and it ended there.

That doesn't sound at all like intimidation

According to Altez, Joran was unwilling to meet with Holloway and all but
had to be dragged to meet with her ...

More coercion of Joran.

What is there Beth and deVries dont understand about: Stay away and do nothing.

?:croc:

JWarner--

Au contraire, this was a smart move on the part of BT. Think of it as a publicity stunt to get the name of her daughter once again on the minds of the Peruvians, and to remind everyone that Stephanie wasn't the first. If her visit sowed more seeds of hatred of Joran Van der Sloot then she accomplished at least part of what she set out to do. Like it or not.

Took me an hour to get in here -

Stunts are Joran's speciality - that is why he is in prison.
I thought Beth was on a totally different plane?
Now Im not so sure ...

The whole thing plays right into Joran's hands.

Will Nancy Grace have Beth being chased by alligators on the north slope
of Nepal tonight? Are there alligators on the north slope of Nepal at 27,000 feet?

Stunts begat stunts begat .... Judges going against you!

According to Altez, Joran was unwilling to meet with Holloway and all but
had to be dragged to meet with her ...

More coercion of Joran.

What is there Beth and deVries dont understand about: Stay away and do nothing.

?:croc:

Altez said they took Van Der Sloot practically by force whatever that means.

But that would be the prison officials wouldn't it? Beth went in and spoke to the director and asked, no sneaking into the prison like was first reported, they could have told her no, did she force the prison officials to force Joran? Did she even know he was taken by force? Did Altez get that from Joran, that he was practically taken by force?

(AP) – 1 hour ago
NEW YORK — The mother of an Alabama teen who vanished in Aruba in 2005 entered a Peruvian jail and talked directly with the Dutchman suspected in her daughter's disappearance, her attorney said Friday.
In an interview on NBC's "Today," lawyer John Q. Kelly said Natalee Holloway's mother Beth Twitty entered the jail "without violating any laws or breaking any regulations" and spoke with Joran van der Sloot.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h_xXTw-O20_AU-R5XjipJcd7z5YQD9I9OAMO0

Altez said they took Van Der Sloot practically by force whatever that means.

But that would be the prison officials wouldn't it? Beth went in and spoke to the director and asked, no sneaking into the prison like was first reported, they could have told her no, did she force the prison officials to force Joran? Did she even know he was taken by force? Did Altez get that from Joran, that he was practically taken by force?

And, there is no question what Joran's attorney will try and do with this.
He may get nowhere but its one more complication in a litany of complications going back 5+ years that culminated with the death of Stephany Flores in Peru.

He may get nowhere but its one more complication in a litany of complications going back 5+ years that culminated with the death of Stephany Flores in Peru.
Then, no harm, no foul! I say good for Beth for getting in Joran's face, and reminding him she knows he killed her daughter!!! She broke no laws, as it's been erroneously reported! (I believe the AP wire service over Dutch media.) If my daughter were murdered,I'd probably be as tenacious as her. She is a victim and has been slammed to no end, while the criminal gets pampered!!!:furious:
Defense lawyers always throw spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks, doesn't mean they have a legal leg to stand on!:snooty:

I respectfully disagree. There's nothing Altez can do with this, he said himself that all Beth said to Joran was that she has no hatred in her heart for him and that was it. he even said joran was pleased.

The more we hear today, the more it looks like there was a lot of misreporting being done yesterday. We still don't know everything.

Besides what can he possibly do, Joran just gave that interview willingly in the Netherlands and the US, lying and blaming this mother for his own actions. My guess is that would send anyone over the edge and in a juror's eyes I just don't see it having a negative impact against Beth.

My heart goes out to Beth and I completely admire her moxy!!!

It's not her fault the prison officials hauled him "practically by force" or whatever to see her.

She wasn't arrestned, seems she didn't try to sneak around and she got her daughter's case back in the spotlight and squarely around Joran's neck hopefully.

I think she wanted Peru to remember that Joran has been a murder suspect before. Joran's story seems to be getting so convoluted - perhaps the media needed to be brought back to reporting that Joran was likely a murderer who should not get out of prison, ever.

Edited to add: "practically by force" is an attorney exageration - either it was or was not by force. Don't let the spin fool you.

I totally agree, PattyG. That was just wrong. Enrique doesn't want to compromise the investigation and after all, his sister was brutally murdered. There should be some respect for the Flores family. MOO

I can't criticize this woman after what she has been through. She has no closure.

Joran is lucky she hasn't walked up to him in the last 5 years and held a gun to his head.

Spare me that he has been bothered for 5 yrs........

I don't think it was fair to the brother of Stephanie but other than that I can't say much about it.

Personally I think she wants him to admit it, its really the only way she will be sure Natalies not out there somewhere. He never will, she could spend the rest of her life chasing him down. I wish for her that she could find some peace with god,friends or her public speaking for other childrens safety. Its awful that he took Natalies life but he is also getting Beths life, she is allowing him to do that. Very sad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11