Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for both of the parents.

I think that Joran has already killed one girl, he might have killed Natalee. I hope she is still alive but, statistically most are killed the first 48 hours. Given the fact there is proof he has killed, it is most likely that he killed Natalee.

I can understand the mom having hope that she is alive as no body has been found. I just the family gets their justice.

Natalee Holloway's mom: She's dead

Her mother, Beth Holloway, has been relentless in her pursuit of the truth in her daughter's case, which is still unsolved.

But on "The Early Show" Tuesday, when speaking about her new Lifetime TV series, Beth Holloway admitted she doesn't think her daughter is alive today----------------

from May the 10th, 2011.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/10/earlyshow/living/parenting/main20061398.shtml

noor,
your bolded title is misleading. ;)

Natalee's mom IS NOT DEAD.
Natalee's mom believes her daughter-Natalee-is dead.

imo

"I only learned about this when I was handed the citation by a process server while addressing a large audience at a conference in Georgia," she said. "I don't know what this is about, or why Dave is taking this action at this time."

It really seems to me that the process server could have picked a better, more private moment. It must have been horrible to open that paperwork and see the petition to have her daughter declared dead, and then have to go on with the conference.

See, I'm thinking Dave should have called and told Beth first. She should have never found out by a process server.

noor,
your bolded title is misleading. ;)

Natalee's mom IS NOT DEAD.
Natalee's mom believes her daughter-Natalee-is dead.

imo

marge-rita, I did not write the title.....if you click on link I provided, you will see that CBS posted the title.
I know Beth is not dead, everyone knows she's not dead.
And yes, Beth has been saying for years now that Natalee is dead.
I don't know if you saw the Peter van de Vries show years ago, he secretly taped Joran vd Sloot confessing to Patrick van der Eem that Natalee was dead.
In fact Beth flew to The Netherlands, sat on his show, and said, she accepted the fact that Joran killed Natalee.

See, I'm thinking Dave should have called and told Beth first. She should have never found out by a process server.

Dave and Beth are not on speaking terms.
I think that after Beth found out, she should have called Dave, and not the media.
IMO.

Holloway's father, Dave Holloway, told Probate Judge Alan King that he wants his daughter declared dead because there is no evidence that she's still alive and he would like to use her $2,000 college fund to help her younger brother.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/15533766/judge-rejects-delay-in-natalee-holloway-case

Dave Holloway asked for today's hearing to end medical insurance payments on Natalee and to give her college fund money to Natalee's brother.

Probate Judge Alan King’s ruling to allow the death petition to move forward, gives anyone 14 weeks to prove Natalee is still alive before becoming final.

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/201...lee-holloway-can-be-declared-dead-ar-2455397/

OMG... really??? :banghead:
Firstly, why the he77 is he paying for her medical insurance at this point? He should just have her removed!
Secondly, $2,000? Take out a student loan like the rest of us.
Geez.

I can accept the "needing closure" thing but this sounds SO petty.
Perhaps they just have to use these excuses in a court of law? I definitely hope so.

OMG... really??? :banghead:
Firstly, why the he77 is he paying for her medical insurance at this point? He should just have her removed!
Secondly, $2,000? Take out a student loan like the rest of us.
Geez.

I can accept the "needing closure" thing but this sounds SO petty.
Perhaps they just have to use these excuses in a court of law? I definitely hope so.

His paying her medical insurance may have been part of the custody agreement after the divorce. By law, he may not have a choice.

His paying her medical insurance may have been part of the custody agreement after the divorce. By law, he may not have a choice.

I agree, I was just going to post that.
Medical insurance is very expensive, 300 - 400$ a month, multiply that by 6 years, that's thousands of dollars, and he's still paying month after month.

As far as the 2000$ that's sitting in a bank......if he can help his son out, that's awesome, it's not like he's going to pocket the money for himself.
Why take out a 2000$ loan, and pay interest, if you don't have to?

I agree, I was just going to post that.
Medical insurance is very expensive, 300 - 400$ a month, multiply that by 6 years, that's thousands of dollars, and he's still paying month after month.

As far as the 2000$ that's sitting in a bank......if he can help his son out, that's awesome, it's not like he's going to pocket the money for himself.
Why take out a 2000$ loan, and pay interest, if you don't have to?

Let's be honest. These two people don't see eye to eye about anything (much as I love both of them).

Dave should not be forced to pay anything at this point for Natalee. It's really sad that a death declaration is (apparently) necessary to stop these payments (which are essentially money down the drain at this point). Dave needs to use all his resources to support his three living children.

Well, that is something he and Beth could have worked on if they were actually communicating, I suppose.
With everything Beth did for her daughter (when she went missing - she was relentless) and now the plight of ALL missing persons, i think he should be appreciative and proud of her.... but, I guess the animosity of divorce blinds people to the good in the other person.
Perhaps that's the case on both sides considering she chose to make this public...
sigh. Sad

With everything Beth did for her daughter (when she went missing - she was relentless) and now the plight of ALL missing persons, i think he should be appreciative and proud of her.... but, I guess the animosity of divorce blinds people to the good in the other person.

What about the good of Dave searching the Aruba landfill for his daughter? Have you read his book and everything that HE went through?

Well, that is something he and Beth could have worked on if they were actually communicating, I suppose.
Perhaps that's the case on both sides considering she chose to make this public...
sigh. Sad

I don't know that DH doesn't admire BHT. I don't know anything about their interactions except that it is reported they do not speak. So this action may have been DH's only way to stop making pointless insurance payments.

I would like to once again stress that I said "I guess the animosity of divorce blinds people to the good in the other person.

I don't know that DH doesn't admire BHT. I don't know anything about their interactions except that it is reported they do not speak. So this action may have been DH's only way to stop making pointless insurance payments.

People in this situation generally converse via their lawyers and I'm sure the topic of insurance payments could have been negotiated.

One filing to have the death formally declared and one parent fighting it, just means they are in different stages of accepting what happened and have different ways of coping with it.

been following this case since day one and i've read everything i can get my hands on. my heart absolutely breaks for beth (and dave and matt)... reading this thread i imagine beth's heart and head are fighting what they believe/want to believe. but i thought beth had come to terms with natalee's death since according to a report, dave

"pointed out that he and his ex-wife signed affidavits in 2007 saying that they presumed their daughter was dead and they gave those affidavits to Aruban authorities in hopes it would result in charges being filed."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44641135/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/declare-natalee-holloway-dead-hearing-will-happen/

plus, iirc, didn't beth comment after watching the peter devries video where joran was video-taped admitting what happened to natalee something like: "i finally know what happened". i thought she believed he was telling the truth at that point?

btw, i just read "portrait of a monster: joran van der sloot, a murder in peru and the natalee holloway mystery" by lisa pulitzer. a worth-while read for followers of this case.

Amazon.com: Portrait of a Monster: Joran van der Sloot, a Murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery (9780312359218): Lisa Pulitzer, Cole Thompson: Books

RIP natalee
RIP stephany

It's been 6 years since Natalee Holloway went missing. Either she is dead or sold as a sex slave. We don't know and probably will never know.

I cannot phantom dealing with a missing child, but the reality is that Natalie is probably no longer with us. However, that said, Jacob Wetterling has been missing since 1989 and has not been declared dead.

This is about money, with her father having to pay insurance. IMO Beth should release him from this part of the divorce agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11