Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 *AL extortion trial* *Guilty* #3

I think any theory that involves dealing with her body on land on Aruba can't be valid, there was just too much searching. Iirc they gave days off so employees could search, and iirc Dave H spent more than 2 months continuously searching the island, with help from others. In addition to all the LE searching.
i remember researching the tides, the currents, but I never bought the idea she was left on the beach and rolled over into the ocean.
Had she been left on land, vultures would have been a clue.
in Alaska everyone would assume the use of a crab pot in deep water, but I don't know anything about the size of crab pots in the Caribbean, if they even exist. I can't see him dumping her with a weight, ala Peterson, eventually she would have been found. She had to have been enclosed. I still wonder about that nearest port in Venezuela, I would assume the crossing was well known by fishermen, those dealing in contraband, etc.

The weird thing is if there had been accomplices with a boat, they would have had to have been paid a lot or why risk it
Imo
Transcript
Aired July 29, 2005 - 20:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE: We`ll see. We`ll see. I think you`re likely right.

To Lisa Wayne, she`s right about this. The case was bungled from the get-go. I know the Aruban government hates it when we say that, but that is the reality.

Elizabeth (ph), do we have that list so far? Oh, OK. Take a look at this, Lisa Wayne. Let`s go. Number one, blood found in the car was reported on national TV. Not! Blood found on a mattress. It was a dog`s blood. Bones were found. That made the headlines. They were donkey bones. Confession. That was widely reported, then retracted. Ten-day delay in searching the getaway car belonging to Joran Van Der Sloot. They gave the suspects alone time in a car together to cook up their story, handcuffed together.

Round one, catch and release. The two security guards wrongfully arrested. They stay behind bars for weeks. Catch and release two. Judge Paul Van Der Sloot. We got familiar with his backside as he runs from questions. Round three, catch and release. Remember the party boat deejay, Steve Croes? That`s not all. Catch and release round four, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

Very quickly to Bethany Marshall. Now the FBI is being allowed to take part in the case. That should give us some encouragement.

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST: I hope so. I mean, when you really look at this crime, it was planned, purposeful and predatory. Joran Van Der Sloot told a lie to Natalee when he first met her at the nightclub. He told her he was a foreign exchange student in order to gain her trust. This is a part of a crime that was planned. And here this kid -- if the allegations are true, the kid has the whole thing planned out, although he does get sloppy at the end. He has to tell the 22 lies to cover his tracks. But the people investigating the case can`t carry out a thorough and thoughtful plan of their own.

NANCY GRACE: We`ll all be right back. We are live in Aruba and the search for Natalee Holloway. Breaking news not only in the search of the landfill, the draining of a pond, but a mortal blow to the search for Natalee dealt by none other than a set of Aruban judges. Stay with us.

BETH TWITTY: (INAUDIBLE) coming forward. I`m really encouraged, Nancy. I mean, I think that`s a huge step forward for us. And you know, maybe it`s taken him a little while to have some assurance

link

My personal opinion is that Natalee was a virgin. When she rebuffed Joran's advances, he strangled her. Psychopaths typically carry a rage factor. Rage is an emotional state characterized by intense feelings of aggression, anger, and hostility. Joran could not accept Natalee telling him: No!
Except - v.d.Sloot is not a sexual predator. I think he has violent, unregulated outbursts that start with an elbow to the nose, as he explained with Stephanie Flores in Peru.

Natalee had been drinking for days.

"Renfro says she was perplexed when Twitty immediately concluded that her daughter had been kidnapped and made no effort to check hospitals or police about accident victims. Within hours, Twitty had concluded van der Sloot was responsible, and within a couple of days she was telling TV interviewers that she knew her daughter had been gang-raped and murdered.

Holloway's parents -- and cable-TV crime analysts who followed their plight for months -- have cast affluent Aruba as a dangerous den of iniquity, its police force as inept bunglers and its government and people as co-conspirators in covering up what happened to the partying teen.

"We've just about done all the investigation for them, I guess, so to speak, identified witnesses, put the three suspects on a silver platter and gave it to them," Twitty said of the sleuthing she did when Aruban police still were convinced her daughter simply had extended her vacation."

Link

More False Leads​

The family hired a private investigator, Tim Miller, who spent almost a year knocking on doors and searching for Natalee in Aruba, sometimes with Dave Holloway. On Oct. 21, 2005, Natalee's birthday, they had been in Aruba literally digging in a garbage dump when the deputy police chief told them he had a hunch that they needed to take their search to the sea. A fisherman's hut had been broken into and among the items missing were a fish trap and tools that could have been used to weigh a body down.

Entrepreneur Louis Schaefer, who had been following the case, volunteered to finance an expedition to search the ocean floor within a certain radius. A boat named Persistence set off for Aruba in November 2007. On Dec. 24, they came across what appeared to be a fishing trap about 90 feet below the surface, and on Dec. 29 sent a remote-operated vehicle down to investigate. They spied what looked, to them, like a skull.

On Dec. 30, a diver from the boat joined two Aruban police divers. They did not find anything having to do with Natalee. "That's probably about the time that—the chest pains intensified to an extreme. I mean, how many times can I take this?" Dave recalled.

Then, in early 2008, a person who identified himself as Marcos sent Dave a message, claiming he knew that drug runners had been paid to get rid of Natalee's body at sea and instead took the remains with them to Nicaragua and hid them on land.

Miller went to Nicaragua and met with Marcos, who offered to go to the hiding place with a GPS tracker and look for the remains. As reported on Dateline, Marcos called Miller, claiming to have found her.

"He says that she was wrapped in a blanket and her body fell apart," Miller told NBC News. "He said, 'but we had to put her in two ice chests.' And he actually said, 'call Mr. Holloway right now and tell him I've got Natalee.'" Miller did not call, not wanting to instill Dave with more false hope.

Marcos subsequently disappeared, never to be heard from again.

Still wonder about this information from time to time. Was Marcos ever determined to be a hoax? For all we know, he might’ve truly found Natalee’s skeletal remains in Nicaragua.

Joran van der Sloot is awaiting extradition from Peru to face extortion charges in connection to Natalee Holloway's Aruba disappearance.
Natalee Holloway case: Extradition of 'murderous' Joran van der Sloot could stall for months

EXCLUSIVE: The jailed murderer facing charges in connection to the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway could stall his extradition to the U.S. for months, according to a high-ranking law enforcement official.

Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot, awaiting extradition from Peru to face extortion charges in connection to Holloway's disappearance, could stall his arrival on American soil until as late as August, the official said.

While serving time in a Peruvian prison for the 2010 murder of Stephany Flores, van der Sloot has proven to be an "unruly person," Col. Carlos López Aeda, the chief of Interpol in Lima, Peru, told Fox News Digital.

Where in the US would v.d.Sloot be taken and have his trial?

EXCLUSIVE: Natalee Holloway suspect Joran van der Sloot is divorcing his wife for 'younger, prettier' girlfriend accused of smuggling drugs to him in jail - and now WANTS to be extradited to US to 'clear his name'​

Also… this article is from 15 hrs ago. Can anyone tell if “Friday” is today or next Friday?

Since it is dated yesterday, Thursday, 5/18 - I would say today, Friday, 5/19...

Reactions: byo
Since it is dated yesterday, Thursday, 5/18 - I would say today, Friday, 5/19...

Sorry Niner. I didn’t see you had already responded. I’m going to delete my post.

Natalee Holloway case: Peruvian Interpol chief reveals how Joran van der Sloot extradition will go down​

The Interpol official said the extradition will happen no later than June 9​

[…]

As of May 29, he will be available so that the U.S. authorities can transfer him to the United States," López Aeda said. "They have indicated that, during the first week of June, an FBI aircraft with FBI agents will come to extradite him from a Peruvian Air Force base."

more..

Joran van der Sloot case: Beth Holloway rep says suspect's claim of being 'entrapped' is 'patently untrue'​

A new federal judge in the Joran van der Sloot case was also announced​

[…]

Van der Sloot's lawyer, Maximo Altez, told Fox News Digital Holloway's family "tricked" his client into getting involved with the FBI.

Altez says van der Sloot didn't reach out to the family and was "entrapped" when the Holloway family contacted him.

George Patriot Seymore, Beth Holloway's spokesperson, told Fox News Digital this allegation is false.

"These allegations are patently untrue," Seymore said. "We look forward to making our case in court.

More…

Speedy trial,' suspect chain of custody & next steps explained in Natalee Holloway case: The Record​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back