ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Another woman who dated Giordano, Jeanette Farago, said in an interview with The Washington Post that Giordano stalked and harassed her while they both lived in Montgomery County. At one point, Farago said, Giordano offered to take her on a two-week cruise and bought her a ticket, but she refused to go. Giordano also showed up outside her window wearing a deer mask and illuminated his face with a cigarette lighter, she said. "He was just really creepy and scary," Farago said. "He scared the bejesus out of me."

Same link ... is this a different woman?

Good evening, fine people. I have a couple of thoughts re: the topic of GGs statement that RG (and I presume he as well) took drinks and 'sleeping pills' prior to the snorkeling excursion. I've seen multitudes of posts questioning why anyone would take sleeping pills in the middle of the day, and here is my 2 cents.... I'm a medical professional, and a VERY popular habit in the DC area is to "Daywalk" or "Ambien trip". Take a couple of ambien, drink a beer, and for about an hour a person feels like they are walking on air. It won't put you to sleep if you fight the urge, but it will cause you to lose every inhibition in the world, and that's where the danger comes. Total amnesia is common. I've seen many people in the ER after accidents from getting in a car and having no clue that they did so.... That being said, it doesn't seem a stretch at all to consider that this young woman was day walking and decided to snorkel, extensions/makeup or not. Her posed photos also show a young woman with visible fatigue/wear. The only picture of RG I've seen that looks healthy is the smiling photo prior to her tattoos and wearing her wedding ring... I'm in full agreement that GG is involved in some form, but I'm also trying to set aside the emotional aspects and approach it objectively- we have a party of people with questionable backgrounds, moral deviance (no one in this mystery is a saint- GG,RG,Richard Gardner, and her 'best friends'), and I also can't help but consider the remote possibility that she in fact did drown as claimed. I have no argument that GG is a maniac, but I have yet to see solid evidence that he committed murder.
PS- Can anyone help me confirm the middle initial and/or DOB of Richard Forester? I have some info sitting idle that I would share, but only after confirmation of identity. Thanks! This forum is horribly addictive, by the way. Great stuff from all.

"Giordano was not crim*inally charged in the Montgomery County mat*ters, accord*ing to court records, and the al*legations made by the two women were made in civ*il and fam*ily-law cases. In each case, Giordano filed al*legations of his own, as*serting that a for*mer girlfriend ha*rassed him by dis*tribut*ing slander*ous letters and that his then-wife hit him in the up*per back with a 14-inch steel cooking spoon.

The most re*cent al*legation of abuse against Giordano was filed Feb. 4 last year. The woman had met Giordano on the Inter*net about six months earli*er, said Landau, the attor*ney.

Then the woman found out that Giordano had secretly filmed the two having sex and posted inti*mate im*ages of her on the Inter*net, Landau said in court fil*ings in connection with the woman's re*strain*ing or*der. The woman confronted Giordano, who responded by plac*ing inde*cent photos of her in*side the mailboxes of about five of her neighbors, Landau said.

The woman, who requested through her attor*ney that she not be named, swore to a similar account in court papers. She said Giordano once told her that "the world would be better off with*out" her and that "he could help," accord*ing to fil*ings."

http://www.ongo.com/v/1579158/-1/07...ld-in-aruba-was-accused-by-two-women-of-abuse

... click on the bottom right hand corner to go to page 2 of the article

Ok, so that is VP being talked about. There was another woman who filed for and got a protection order in April 2010, though. I had it confused, my mistake. Thanks for pointing this article out. It filled in some details that I didn't have before that make it clear VP is the one who wrote the report I transcribed. I really thought it was someone else who wrote it, the dates are just slightly off (2 days) though. I just figured that out by closely looking at the numbers. Whew.

Y'all are referring to PAST stuff. Doesn't have anything to do with what is going on NOW.

GVG's past does have something to do with what may have gone on with Robyn in terms of someone that was escalating with his violence against women. If he's on the southern tip of Aruba when a woman disappears into the surf, and he's a priest or some other sort of upstanding person, maybe she drowned. If he's on the southern tip of Aruba when a woman disappears and he has an 11 year history of violence towards, and degradation of, women, then it starts to look different. The confiscated camera points towards something about the 11 year history of violence and degradation.

Man, I tell you ~ This is a Doozie. I don't know this woman or this guy but it makes one wonder.....She has her arms full of tatoos and lies a LOT. She pals around with some guy on the internet for 1-1/2 years while engaged with yet another guy.....Plays them both while trying to seek sorrow. I still think there might be more to this than meets the eye.....

It's quite possible that the guy that treats women very badly just happened to have the bad luck of one of those women disappearing in Aruba ... a place where missing women are hard to solve. That could be bad luck ... nothing from his past is evidence in Robyn's disappearance, but it may help investigators with new leads.

GVG's past does have something to do with what may have gone on with Robyn in terms of someone that was escalating with his violence against women. If he's on the southern tip of Aruba when a woman disappears into the surf, and he's a priest or some other sort of upstanding person, maybe she drowned. If he's on the southern tip of Aruba when a woman disappears and he has an 11 year history of violence towards, and degradation of, women, then it starts to look different. The confiscated camera points towards something about the 11 year history of violence and degradation.

In the United States of America, YES.

The "disappearance" happened in Aruba.

ARUBA LAW ABIDES HERE.

"Another woman who dated Giordano, Jeanette Farago, said in an interview with The Washington Post that Giordano stalked and harassed her while they both lived in Montgomery County. At one point, Farago said, Giordano offered to take her on a two-week cruise and bought her a ticket, but she refused to go. Giordano also showed up outside her window wearing a deer mask and illuminated his face with a cigarette lighter, she said. "He was just really creepy and scary," Farago said. "He scared the bejesus out of me."

Same link ... is this a different woman?

That's probably who filed the other protection order in April 2010.

Good evening, fine people. I have a couple of thoughts re: the topic of GGs statement that RG (and I presume he as well) took drinks and 'sleeping pills' prior to the snorkeling excursion. I've seen multitudes of posts questioning why anyone would take sleeping pills in the middle of the day, and here is my 2 cents.... I'm a medical professional, and a VERY popular habit in the DC area is to "Daywalk" or "Ambien trip". Take a couple of ambien, drink a beer, and for about an hour a person feels like they are walking on air. It won't put you to sleep if you fight the urge, but it will cause you to lose every inhibition in the world, and that's where the danger comes. Total amnesia is common. I've seen many people in the ER after accidents from getting in a car and having no clue that they did so.... That being said, it doesn't seem a stretch at all to consider that this young woman was day walking and decided to snorkel, extensions/makeup or not. Her posed photos also show a young woman with visible fatigue/wear. The only picture of RG I've seen that looks healthy is the smiling photo prior to her tattoos and wearing her wedding ring... I'm in full agreement that GG is involved in some form, but I'm also trying to set aside the emotional aspects and approach it objectively- we have a party of people with questionable backgrounds, moral deviance (no one in this mystery is a saint- GG,RG,Richard Gardner, and her 'best friends'), and I also can't help but consider the remote possibility that she in fact did drown as claimed. I have no argument that GG is a maniac, but I have yet to see solid evidence that he committed murder.
PS- Can anyone help me confirm the middle initial and/or DOB of Richard Forester? I have some info sitting idle that I would share, but only after confirmation of identity. Thanks! This forum is horribly addictive, by the way. Great stuff from all.

Thanks for the insights ... daywalking ... that's a new one for me. I think it's quite possible that she drowned and that GVG thought he could just walk away ... it was most likely nothing more to him than another swing for him. I don't know the middle initial ... or really anything about him. He's just the guy that took the story to the US news when he didn't seem to know much about Robyn.

It's quite possible that the guy that treats women very badly just happened to have the bad luck of one of those women disappearing in Aruba ... a place where missing women are hard to solve. That could be bad luck ... nothing from his past is evidence in Robyn's disappearance, but it may help investigators with new leads.

No dam investigator has brought our Natalle back.

Ok, so that is VP being talked about. There was another woman who filed for and got a protection order in April 2010, though. I had it confused, my mistake. Thanks for pointing this article out. It filled in some details that I didn't have before that make it clear VP is the one who wrote the report I transcribed. I really thought it was someone else who wrote it, the dates are just slightly off (2 days) though. I just figured that out by closely looking at the numbers. Whew.

Do we at least know that the number of women that filed complaints is rather small?

In the United States of America, YES.

The "disappearance" happened in Aruba.

ARUBA LAW ABIDES HERE.

Are you suggesting that he became a completely new person in Aruba, and that his history of violence and degradation with women should somehow be wiped clean because he is in Aruba?

That's probably who filed the other protection order in April 2010.

So there are two women, in addition to the first ex-wife ... one regarding the nonconsensual filming and the other with the deer mask?

So there are two women, in addition to the first ex-wife ... one regarding the nonconsensual filming and the other with the deer mask?

There have been others, HLN said 7 women have made complaints.

Let's say GG is released next week because of lack of evidence.

That would leave VP as someone who could press charges for the sexual assault charge from 2010. Also, the state's attorney for Montgomery County could go ahead and press charges without her, right? He has video evidence.

How long would that put him in prison for if found guilty?

I think that is a real possibility as the only way to put GG behind bars.

Are you suggesting that he became a completely new person in Aruba, and that his history of violence and degradation with women should somehow be wiped clean because he is in Aruba?

Strictly Legal speak, friend.....It does not matter WHAT he has been accused of in the U.S.A.

This is now in the hands of ARUBA court / law.....

<modsnip>.....We have no idea what this woman had in mind with this guy and the payout of the policy he took out. Not assuming nothin', but it does make one wonder. We shall see. We may see nothing. It is up to Aruban authorites - Not us. He may be free very soon and we we may never know about the <modsnip> girl.....

Let's say GG is released next week because of lack of evidence.

That would leave VP as someone who could press charges for the sexual assault charge from 2010. Also, the state's attorney for Montgomery County could go ahead and press charges without her, right? He has video evidence.

How long would that put him in prison for if found guilty?

I think that is a real possibility as the only way to put GG behind bars.

Sad to say, even if she did, Maryland is funny. And slower than molasses in January. He'd fight the charge. It would drag out for months/years, and he'd still walk with probation. Also, could you please link the info on the SA charge? All I've seen are DV complaints and countersuits for orders of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph