ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for sure she was aware of it ... it could just be the way it turned out. Gary is standing behind her tho so it was not him who took it.

It's a photographer's picture. ID is in the lower corner. They were taking pictures during the night and RG and GG are in many of them. In most of those pictures RG is looking at the cameraman so I would say she was fully aware that her picture was being taken.

I wonder if GG had said something to annoy her and that accounts for the look on her face. Wasn't it early the next morning that she texted RF and said "this sucks"??? Maybe partyman was being obnoxious and she did not like it. jmo

It has been almost two months since Robyn Gardner was last seen in Aruba and despite authorities believing that she is dead, her boyfriend is still hopeful that she will be found alive and well, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report.

"I am still hoping that she is alive, I will always feel like that unless someone proves it to me differently," Richard Forester told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-boyfriend-richard-forester-hopes-alive-aruba

However, Forester, who thought that Robyn was on a family vacation during the time of her disappearance, is so convinced that his girlfriend is still alive that he has been painstakingly contacting locals in Aruba and the surrounding Caribbean islands in a desperate personal search

I’ve made a lot of contacts through social media on Facebook and Twitter, and have made 'Missing Person' posters and sent them to thousands of people," Richard told RadarOnline.com.

"A lot of people down there haven’t even heard of the case - even in Aruba!" the shocked Maryland resident revealed. "I’ve spoken to many local reporters who have interviewed people but a lot of them don’t even follow the news

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-boyfriend-richard-forester-hopes-alive-aruba

"I think there is someone else involved, I don’t think Gary is smart enough to do it by himself or had enough time," he told RadarOnline.com. "I think there is a strong possibility that he was working with an accomplice.

"Maybe she was removed from the island. Anything could have happened...there has been NO trace of her found," he said hopefully.

"I think there is someone else involved, I don’t think Gary is smart enough to do it by himself or had enough time," he told RadarOnline.com. "I think there is a strong possibility that he was working with an accomplice.

"Maybe she was removed from the island. Anything could have happened...there has been NO trace of her found," he said hopefully.

Hi Dushi! :seeya:

re bold - but wasn't her dress found on the beach?? with the towels - or is/was that a "rumor"?

TIA!

eta - the case seems to have slowed down a bit...

Hi Dushi! :seeya:

re bold - but wasn't her dress found on the beach?? with the towels - or is/was that a "rumor"?

TIA!

eta - the case seems to have slowed down a bit...

That was reported by the American media that were on the island after she disappeared. jmo

That was reported by the American media that were on the island after she disappeared. jmo

Right, nothing really confirmed.

To me this sounds like RF has heard the reports as we have of the "tattooed" man, and this certainly has posed questions for all of us. Where is this man, who is he, is he a figment of someone's imagination? Personally, I doubt it, in fact it would fit into this scenario quite easily. Why would one have a reason to concoct such a story. As questionable as these evil "tabloid reporters" are, they generally speaking do their research and don't take it too lightly, after all their livelihoods depend on it. Sensationalized headlines, no question. However, if you notice when you actually get into the article the facts themselves are nothing sensational.
Regardless, Forrester very possibly knows more than we do. If he still has hope, well.... I simply can not put hope aside completely. After all, there is still no body or other physical evidence to tell us otherwise.

Right, nothing really confirmed.

To me this sounds like RF has heard the reports as we have of the "tattooed" man, and this certainly has posed questions for all of us. Where is this man, who is he, is he a figment of someone's imagination? Personally, I doubt it, in fact it would fit into this scenario quite easily. Why would one have a reason to concoct such a story. As questionable as these evil "tabloid reporters" are, they generally speaking do their research and don't take it too lightly, after all their livelihoods depend on it. Sensationalized headlines, no question. However, if you notice when you actually get into the article the facts themselves are nothing sensational.
Regardless, Forrester very possibly knows more than we do. If he still has hope, well.... I simply can not put hope aside completely. After all, there is still no body or other physical evidence to tell us otherwise.

It's hard to put hope aside when there is absolutely no evidence that there was a murder. It, I imagine, is even harder for those close to the victim. I still feel that if there was this major plan to get her off that island and do something with her, made with some tatooed accomplice, the FBI would have found it on the home computer. I am waiting to hear just what they have found. I can find nothing else on the grand jury at all, I've been checking every day. If they find a reason to charge hiim with something I assume we'll then hear what was found.

Ever since these "Party Pictures" surfaced, there are a few things I question:

1) For those who say RG is "over the hill", sure seems there was interest enough for her pictures to have been taken numerous times.
2) Some may disagree, but I think the photos simply reflect 2 people drinking and having a very good time.
3) Why would GG need to implicate himself in a snorkeling accident when he could have just as easily said she disappeared at one of these parties.
4) I would be interested to know "who" took those pictures and if Robyn was in more of them than anyone else there, and why?
5) Finally, if there was "tattoo guy" and she was handed off to him--was he a person seen at both the party and the Rum Reef Inn one or both days the couple was there?

To me it just seems if GG wanted to get rid of Robyn there were better ways to do it without implicating himself directly. Even if it was done in the heat of the moment----Wouldn't the body have been found by now? Help me out here.:waitasec:

1) For those who say RG is "over the hill", sure seems there was interest enough for her pictures to have been taken numerous times.
2) Some may disagree, but I think the photos simply reflect 2 people drinking and having a very good time.
3) Why would GG need to implicate himself in a snorkeling accident when he could have just as easily said she disappeared at one of these parties.
4) I would be interested to know "who" took those pictures and if Robyn was in more of them than anyone else there, and why?
5) Finally, if there was "tattoo guy" and she was handed off to him--was he a person seen at both the party and the Rum Reef Inn one or both days the couple was there?

To me it just seems if GG wanted to get rid of Robyn there were better ways to do it without implicating himself directly. Even if it was done in the heat of the moment----Wouldn't the body have been found by now? Help me out here.:waitasec:

1) Agree - I am not one of "those people" who think that.
2) Agree - they are having a good time.
3) To collect on the accidental death insurance.
4) You can write the club and find out. I don't think it's worth the effort, personally.
5) There is no tattoo guy, IMO. Aruba is famous for misinformation and rumors. This is one of them.

To understand the way he carried this out, you just have to consider the 1.5 million dollar insurance policy and the stipulations of that contract in order to be paid.

If GG wanted the money from the insurance policy right away, which apparently he had tried to collect before leaving the island, he would have to prove she was dead. I think whatever he did with her he expected her body to wash ashore within a day or two and that did not happen. I doubt she is on land or her body would have been found by now. Unless you have a jackhammer you won't be burying someone in Aruba. jmo

I don't think RG was over the hill, she was an "aspiring" model and looked younger than her age.
I searched through the photos hoping to see a "tattooed guy" in some of the photos but didn't see one, though tattooes can be covered by shirt sleeves. It is frustrating we haven't heard anything on the FBI investigation.

To me there is nothing sinister about the pics that have been posted
Looks to me like people partying hard, nothing more or less

These photos are taken at many big events in Aruba,
You may recall all of the Soul beach photos that were posted in reference to another case

They are more or less used as a marketing tool to promote the next activity

Perhaps the photgragher thought that RG was photogenic or maybe she was in the general area as he/she was shooting

As far as GG losing her at a party?
I think that may be harder to explain than a drowning, or at the very least he thought that way
Personally, the only reference i have heard of a tattooed guy was in the NE article

I beieve that is the article that RF said gave him the thought

I have read many aricles about currents in that area
To be honest, I still don't understand that whole thing
I don't know that she was ever in the water at that particular place

I don't think RG was over the hill, she was an "aspiring" model and looked younger than her age.
I searched through the photos hoping to see a "tattooed guy" in some of the photos but didn't see one, though tattooes can be covered by shirt sleeves. It is frustrating we haven't heard anything on the FBI investigation.

Whether a person finds another persons looks good or bad is irrelevant to me
Everyone sees others differently

IMO, there is no tattooed guy to find
This came out six , seven weeks after her disappearance
I just feel it would have come to light much sooner if it were true

I read that LE were doing an Island wide sweep to find him

Was that sweep a day or so after... or seven weeks?
Not likely he would still be there, if he ever was

Thanks for the input, guys. So then it is a "fact" that GG forged RG's sig on the insurance policy so he could collect 1.5 million?

I guess my hang-up is with the "accidental death insurance" motive. It is just soooooo obvious, as his detainment in an Aruban jail proves. He has had his share of legal maneuvering, and would certainly know how this would look. He must have known he would never see this money

ALSO

Since "no trace" of Robyn has been found, I also can't get past the possibility of her being taken off the island by boat to be disposed of far out to sea or to parts unknown while alive and drugged. Thus the accomplice (tattooed or not). At least I learn something new everyday I read WS. :seeya:

Thanks for the input, guys. So then it is a "fact" that GG forged RG's sig on the insurance policy so he could collect 1.5 million?

No. It is not a "fact". It is something that some people on this board apparently are convinced of. But it has not been established as a "fact". There is a difference, imo. Personally, I'm not totally convinced, although it does seem fairly compelling....

I can't help but feel that since Jose Baez entered the fray and visited Aruba that this case has since then become less speculative and less media intensive. It seems to me that whatever he has advised GG's defense council has had the desired effect and resulted in less media speculation.
Afterall there is absolutely no evidence of a crime notwithstanding all the frenzied speculation that was given to this case, even the insurance policy theory has lost it legs after being revealed by Jose Baez that this was not a seperate life insurance policy but rather part of the travel insurance policy.
There is no doubt that since Jose Baez entered the arena that steam has been lost by the prosecution in this case.

Just my Opinion

I guess my hang-up is with the "accidental death insurance" motive. It is just soooooo obvious, as his detainment in an Aruban jail proves. He has had his share of legal maneuvering, and would certainly know how this would look. He must have known he would never see this money

ALSO

Since "no trace" of Robyn has been found, I also can't get past the possibility of her being taken off the island by boat to be disposed of far out to sea or to parts unknown while alive and drugged. Thus the accomplice (tattooed or not). At least I learn something new everyday I read WS. :seeya:

No, it is not a "fact" that he forged her signature. No one here has said that.

I find it a common misunderstanding what "fact" and "opinion" mean, to the point that I clearly state that something is my opinion, and then later someone says I was stating it as fact. When I say something is a fact (such as when JB lied about RG taking life insurance on GG) I have the evidence to back it up.

Fact: Something that can be proven by visible evidence.
Opinion: Something that may or may not be based on facts.

What is a fact is that GG took out travel insurance on RG, and named himself as beneficiary in the event of her death. There are documents that show this (discussed at length in this and earlier threads.)

Per numerous sources, the figure of that policy is 1.5 million dollars.

When the signatures are examined on the beneficiary forms signed by RG in April and July (the April one was for a cruise she cancelled) it is a fact that the signatures are distinctly different. That too was discussed at length in this thread.

My opinion is that one or both of these forms were forged. That remains to be seen. A clue that I am right is that Taco Stein said one of the charges they were considering is insurance fraud, but until we see what evidence they have, such as RG's actual signature and expert analysis, we don't know for sure.

Look at GG's alleged criminal history (not all of this is necessarily factual, but for the purpose of getting a glimpse into what he is possibly capable of) plus witness statements and you will see a lot of other "obvious" blunders in his choices for crime. Walking out with a shopping cart full of stuff at Target, stealing jewelry from Costco, stalking a woman in a jackalope mask, raping a woman on camera, forging a signature to a multi-million dollar contract, etc. This is stupid stuff. What makes you think he suddenly went non-stupid?

As for why no remains have been found, it might help if they actually looked for her. Trying to do it without cadaver dogs is a joke.

MOO.

No, it is not a "fact" that he forged her signature. No one here has said that.

I find it a common misunderstanding what "fact" and "opinion" mean, to the point that I clearly state that something is my opinion, and then later someone says I was stating it as fact. When I say something is a fact (such as when JB lied about RG taking life insurance on GG) I have the evidence to back it up.

Fact: Something that can be proven by visible evidence.
Opinion: Something that may or may not be based on facts.

What is a fact is that GG took out travel insurance on RG, and named himself as beneficiary in the event of her death. There are documents that show this (discussed at length in this and earlier threads.)

Per numerous sources, the figure of that policy is 1.5 million dollars.

When the signatures are examined on the beneficiary forms signed by RG in April and July (the April one was for a cruise she cancelled) it is a fact that the signatures are distinctly different. That too was discussed at length in this thread.

My opinion is that one or both of these forms were forged. That remains to be seen. A clue that I am right is that Taco Stein said one of the charges they were considering is insurance fraud, but until we see what evidence they have, such as RG's actual signature and expert analysis, we don't know for sure.

Look at GG's alleged criminal history (not all of this is necessarily factual, but for the purpose of getting a glimpse into what he is possibly capable of) plus witness statements and you will see a lot of other "obvious" blunders in his choices for crime. Walking out with a shopping cart full of stuff at Target, stealing jewelry from Costco, stalking a woman in a jackalope mask, raping a woman on camera, forging a signature to a multi-million dollar contract, etc. This is stupid stuff. What makes you think he suddenly went non-stupid?

As for why no remains have been found, it might help if they actually looked for her. Trying to do it without cadaver dogs is a joke.

MOO.

So you don't think that they have looked for her
OK, we will agree to disagree on this

Don't you think after the other case, it would be to their benefit to solve this?
What does Aruba have to gain with another unsolved mystery?

When the signatures are examined on the beneficiary forms signed by RG in April and July (the April one was for a cruise she cancelled) it is a fact that the signatures are distinctly different. That too was discussed at length in this thread.[/B

I do not believe that has been proven as fact
Who has proven this?
I have seen nothing other than opinion to back this up

However, i certainly may have missed this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics