ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he can
Joe tacopina did

What a screwed up system. In the states, you have to be licensed in any state you want to practice in? What's the deal w/ Aruba? :sick:

What a screwed up system. In the states, you have to be licensed in any state you want to practice in? What's the deal w/ Aruba? :sick:

He will work with an Aruban attorney

iirc Joe Tacopina represented Joran in the US case, not in Aruba. Then he was his mouthpiece in the US media.

If fraud charges are brought, it will be a US case

And he will be the mouth piece, same as Joe

If fraud charges are brought, it will be a US case

And he will be the mouth piece, same as Joe

my bolding

Where do you get that?

In the Australia case, the husband was first tried and convicted in Australia, it wasn't until after that case was over, that he was then charged in the US.

If GG isn't charged in Aruba, possibly the US can charge him with fraud, if there is proof of that. If he's charged with murder based on the fraud, it's still an Aruban case, not?

JMHO

my bolding

Where do you get that?

In the Australia case, the husband was first tried and convicted in Australia, it wasn't until after that case was over, that he was then charged in the US.

If GG isn't charged in Aruba, possibly the US can charge him with fraud, if there is proof of that. If he's charged with murder based on the fraud, it's still an Aruban case, not?

JMHO

The fraud , if there is fraud, happened in the US
The policy was purchased there, the papers were signed there

I don't know how it would affect a murder charge

The fraud , if there is fraud, happened in the US
The policy was purchased there, the papers were signed there

I don't know how it would affect a murder charge

Two different things. It originated in the US, yes. If that winds up being the only charge, then perhaps it might become a US case if he's released from Aruba.

That doesn't mean that if insurance fraud was the basis for him murdering RG that it is a US case. He'd still be first tried in Aruba.

JMHO

Two different things. It originated in the US, yes. If that winds up being the only charge, then perhaps it might become a US case if he's released from Aruba.

That doesn't mean that if insurance fraud was the basis for him murdering RG that it is a US case. He'd still be first tried in Aruba.

JMHO

The murder charge would come first yes.

I don't know how Aruba could try him for a crime that happened in a different country

Its a motive, yes and could decide their case

I don't know how Aruba could try him for a crime that happened in a different country

The alleged murder, disappearance, happened in Aruba.

van der Sloot's extortion plot against Beth Holloway originated from Aruba, yet he was charged in the US. If the basis for a criminal charge is based solely on where it originated, why didn't Aruba arrest and charge him also?

Oh. Em. Gee. Jose Baez again? Sigh. I can imagine him wearing a tropical fabric pocket square. Wonder what he will sell to media outlets to pay for his assistance.

my bolding

Not necessarily. In Aruba a person can be held on just suspicion, detaining him without charging him while they continue to investigate.

At the end of this 60 days he may still get released. Look at van der Sloot.

JMHO

They will charge him eventually. I would bet money on it. Insurance fraud is the smoking gun. The motive was 1.5 million. The JVS case is different.

MOO.

They will charge him eventually. I would bet money on it. Insurance fraud is the smoking gun. The motive was 1.5 million. The JVS case is different.

MOO.

All I meant was with the way their system works, just because his detention was extended doesn't necessarily mean it's because they have evidence to charge him, it could all be based on just more suspicion.

You could be right, to me the signatures look very different and it looks forged, but I'm no handwriting expert. I wish we could see some different examples of Robyn's signature to compare.

If it turns out that he didn't forge the signatures, what do you make of the policy he took out with the other woman, the one that said she would sign another one? Do you think there might be a possibility that could actually help him? His defense that he did it before and nothing happened therefore this doesn't prove murder?

The alleged murder, disappearance, happened in Aruba.

van der Sloot's extortion plot against Beth Holloway originated from Aruba, yet he was charged in the US. If the basis for a criminal charge is based solely on where it originated, why didn't Aruba arrest and charge him also?

Probably because this was some type of set-up sting that was hatched in America and the Arubans don't play those games. Jose Baez got a Not Guilty Verdict against all the odds, if anyone can get GG off, it will be Jose Baez, he is like a British Bulldog, once he has you in his teeth, he never lets go.

I have a Non American Friend who predicted the Casey Anthony Verdict 100% as well as The Dominique Strauss-Kahn case, perhaps this is because as an Non American, he sees these cases Objectively and is not swayed by the American Media Circus and relies on the cold facts of the case.

Probably because this was some type of set-up sting that was hatched in America and the Arubans don't play those games. Jose Baez got a Not Guilty Verdict against all the odds, if anyone can get GG off, it will be Jose Baez, he is like a British Bulldog, once he has you in his teeth, he never lets go.

I have a Non American Friend who predicted the Casey Anthony Verdict 100% as well as The Dominique Strauss-Kahn case, perhaps this is because as an Non American, he sees these cases Objectively and is not swayed by the American Media Circus and relies on the cold facts of the case.

my bolding

Not true The FBI had all of the emails. It originated with van der Sloot in Aruba. Aruban officials at the time came out and said that they were working closely together with the FBI on it.

TS specifically said they are considering charging him with insurance fraud, among other charges. I already gave you a link for that. Why are you suggesting Aruba can't do that - do you have a link?

my bolding

Not true The FBI had all of the emails. It originated with van der Sloot in Aruba. Aruban officials at the time came out and said that they were working closely together with the FBI on it.

IMO it was a set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member