ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess at the very least we can expect a wrongful death civil suit by her family?

I wouldn't want to speculate about something like that in the absence of any indication from the family. It does, of course, happen.

I believe I read a few weeks ago that we are not to discuss the owner of that FB page here
I think she is the one

I had my suspicions about RF, he seems like a very controlling, uptight person. If this is true, looks like she went from bad to worse w/ GG. :(

The friend, CJ, has made a few comments on the FB page set up for Robyn - though it's not clear that she is including RF in the *group* she is referring to.

She did, however, make a direct comment yesterday - about the fact that he has not gone to Aruba.

Prosecutors would not say if they learned anything from the re-enactment; they would only reveal that during a trial, she said.

This is the second time police have re-enacted Gardner’s disappearance — the first was a few days after Giordano was arrested, Angela said.

It is normal procedure for prosecutors to re-enact events in a missing persons case, she said.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...-enact-woman-s-disappearance&template=gazette

Representatives from the Baez Law Firm in Florida did not return a phone message and email to confirm.

According to Aruban law, Giordano could be detained for nearly five months without being charged with a crime.

A judge ruled Aug. 31 that Giordano was to remain in jail until Oct. 30. After those 60 days, prosecutors normally request a trial date to be set, Angela said.

If the investigators need more time, they could request two additional 30-day detention periods, she said.

After that, prosecutors will be required to either request a trial or release Giordano, she said.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...-enact-woman-s-disappearance&template=gazette

I had my suspicions about RF, he seems like a very controlling, uptight person. If this is true, looks like she went from bad to worse w/ GG. :(

Ok, so now this Carla Baron is bashing RF while it looks as though there are a lot of people who don't hold a very high opinion of her. The only thing I know is that Robyn's friend Christine said Robyn had bruises on her but she wouldn't say how she got them, and that she, Christine seems to have some misgivings about RF, while at the same time stating that he's her friend.

:nevermind: Whatever the case, maybe I'm misreading RF as a controlling, uptight type person, as I really know nothing about him. :nevermind:

Google cache is a great thing. This was written the day before by RF on the RG page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ge+note+to+the+doves&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Just prior to that on the same day Sat Sep 17, CB had said there was something quite DISTURBING she had learned from several others about RF, and would be revealing it soon.

RF has nothing to do with the disappearance of RG in Aruba and shouldn't have to be defending himself there. It might be true, it might not be. RG made her own decision regarding whatever happened, if anything even did happen. It does nothing to help locate her now and it is just a sad attempt at someone trying to gain some personal notoriety from this case since she couldn't do it directly through RF.

MOO

I once had a friend of mine beat me senseless and nearly break some bones, leaving me badly bruised on my face...all because I was drunk out of my mind, just broke up with my girlfriend, and about to get on my motorcycle at 2:00 in the morning. He did it to protect me. I love him dearly for it (and he didn't look so good, either :) ). (This was many, many years ago... :) ).

There's rarely an excuse for hurting someone. But since it's really not relevant here and "we" don't know the true facts, I would agree that it's just rumor-mongering and mudslinging and has no place here.

Just, um, my opinion... as everyone likes to say. :)

I agree RF didn't have anything to do with RG's disappearance. However, earlier on when it came to rumors about RG's past private life, it was said to be necessary for victimology.

RG was also blasted for lying to Richard, he was the wounded BF, intimating she may have been a gold digger, possibly looking for a sugar daddy. IF it's true that RF did abuse her, it gives a possible different perspective to why she may have lied to him.

JMHO

I agree RF didn't have anything to do with RG's disappearance. However, earlier on when it came to rumors about RG's past private life, it was said to be necessary for victimology.

RG was also blasted for lying to Richard, he was the wounded BF, intimating she may have been a gold digger, possibly looking for a sugar daddy. IF it's true that RF did abuse her, it gives a possible different perspective to why she may have lied to him.

JMHO

Well without a police report or even a direct statement from RG herself it is just a rumour. And since it is about someone who is present and accounted for, it's a dangerous rumour to be spreading around the internet IMO. It's a little different than rumours from first party witnesses who claim to have been told something directly by the victim or POI themselves I think. It appears that this is pure speculation on the part of the friends.

I also agree with Just-a-Guy. People who abuse alcohol and/or drugs have a much higher incidence of injuries than other people. She could have simply fallen and broken her arm, or had to be detained somehow to prevent further injury. I wonder what she said happened?

MOO

Well without a police report or even a direct statement from RG herself it is just a rumour. And since it is about someone who is present and accounted for, it's a dangerous rumour to be spreading around the internet IMO. It's a little different than rumours from first party witnesses who claim to have been told something directly by the victim or POI themselves I think. It appears that this is pure speculation on the part of the friends.

I also agree with Just-a-Guy. People who abuse alcohol and/or drugs have a much higher incidence of injuries than other people. She could have simply fallen and broken her arm, or had to be detained somehow to prevent further injury. I wonder what she said happened?

MOO

My bolding

That's not spreading rumor and speculation? :waitasec: Where is the evidence, other than one comment from RF, that RG abused drugs and alcohol? It's even worse to spread rumors about someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

CJ is one of RG's closest friends, she has come out and said that things were not as RF was saying out in the media. It's JMHO but I don't think it is all based on just speculations, she would know.

My bolding

That's not spreading rumor and speculation? :waitasec: Where is the evidence, other than one comment from RF, that RG abused drugs and alcohol? It's even worse to spread rumors about someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

CJ is one of RG's closest friends, she has come out and said that things were not as RF was saying out in the media. It's JMHO but I don't think it is all based on just speculations, she would know.

I am basing that on the evidence from Aruba, not from what RF might have said. There are several photos, video, witness reports that suggest that RG might have been abusing at least alcohol during her short stay there. Which I suppose can be seen as something that people like to do when they unwind on vacation. But they might like to do it to unwind on the weekends too, which can lead to injury.

According to GG, that's what happened in Aruba, she met her fate after drinking and taking a sleeping pill during the day and then decided to go snorkling in a secluded area and couldn't make it back when the seas turned rough. And if not for his odd behaviour, past history and that strange insurance policy, he might just have been believed about that. He may still get away with whatever his part may have been.

People who choose to overindulge in any substance are really at the mercy of the people around them whom they've trusted to watch out for them. It doesn't always work out well.

MOO

My bolding

With all due respect, it is not "spreading rumor and speculation" to say that Robyn used alcohol heavily, at the very least. The investigations into this case have shown that -- vodka almost non-stop from the US airport to the last hours of her life (assuming she is no longer alive). Not to mention other photographs and information suggesting it. And that is highly relevant to this case and this investigation.

But more importantly, and again, respectfully -- when someone points out that the comments about RF are hearsay and unsubstantiated rumors, coming from a source whose reliability is questionable, and that they have little if any relevance to Robyn's whereabouts... I personally do not think it is a valid response to simply point to something else that you think is similarly off base. That kind of dodges the point.

There's a lot of "information" out there about the players in this drama, and a lot of it is and has been apparently misinformation. I realize this place is a place where all angles deserve exploring, and so there will be matters raised that may be dead ends etc. Normal. I say that merely to say, in my own view, all of this is good. I was intrigued to see what "Carla" is saying, but just as compelled to note the problems with it. It's kind of like a court proceeding. There are rules and standards about "information" and they are important.

ETA: Kamille, looks like we were thinking alike and typing at the same time.

I am basing that on the evidence from Aruba, not from what RF might have said. There are several photos, video, witness reports that suggest that RG might have been abusing at least alcohol during her short stay there. Which I suppose can be seen as something that people like to do when they unwind on vacation. But they might like to do it to unwind on the weekends too, which can lead to injury.

According to GG, that's what happened in Aruba, she met her fate after drinking and taking a sleeping pill during the day and then decided to go snorkling in a secluded area and couldn't make it back when the seas turned rough. And if not for his odd behaviour, past history and that strange insurance policy, he might just have been believed about that. He may still get away with whatever his part may have been.

People who choose to overindulge in any substance are really at the mercy of the people around them whom they've trusted to watch out for them. It doesn't always work out well.

MOO

Never been on vacation? We saw pictures of her drinking, so? She was 35 years old and on vacation.

The rumors and speculations were that it means she abused drugs and or alcohol at home. There's no more evidence of that than claiming there's no evidence of abuse by RF so that shouldn't be allowed as part of any discussion. Her close friend has said that things were not as RF is portraying, that doesn't have anything to do with CB either and that would also be evidence.

You stated she abused drugs and or alcohol at home and speculated that people who do fall a lot. I said that was what was rumor and speculation too.

I've had one too many on vacation but I'm not a drinker at home. Given some of the puritanical views when it comes to this 35 year old woman, I'd probably be labeled an alcoholic.

She may be an alcoholic, she may not be, RF may have abused her, he may not have. Why object so much when it only comes to RF yet everything else should be out on the table?

I doubt we will ever know the truth behind the relationship between RF and RG
I seriously doubt he is going to tell us

It certainly wasn't an honest one based on what I am reading.

I am really not interested in what he has to say as I have great doubts he is telling the complete truth about them as a couple

He wasn't in Aruba when RG went missing
He is not a suspect and likely doesn't know a lot more than we do MOO

Personal attacks on other posters are against TOS.

Please stop the bickering NOW. Disagree with the post, not the poster. If you need to walk away from the keyboard for a moment, do so.

Let's get back to sleuthing here, folks.

Where this post lands is random.

RF has nothing to do with the disappearance of RG in Aruba and shouldn't have to be defending himself there. It might be true, it might not be. RG made her own decision regarding whatever happened, if anything even did happen. It does nothing to help locate her now and it is just a sad attempt at someone trying to gain some personal notoriety from this case since she couldn't do it directly through RF.

MOO

I'm waiting to see if RF denies the allegations, or better yet, one of the friends of RG does. There is proof that these people have talked to the source, so I find it interesting no one has contested this allegation. Instead, RF has insisted the page refrain from anything other than helping find RG. CJ (bless her heart) has not contested it either.

While it may do nothing to help locate her (a good search is the only thing that will besides a confession), many of us have wondered about the dynamics involved in these personal relationships and why RG went to Aruba with GG and not with her boyfriend. This could offer an explanation, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member