ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been on vacation? We saw pictures of her drinking, so? She was 35 years old and on vacation.

The rumors and speculations were that it means she abused drugs and or alcohol at home. There's no more evidence of that than claiming there's no evidence of abuse by RF so that shouldn't be allowed as part of any discussion. Her close friend has said that things were not as RF is portraying, that doesn't have anything to do with CB either and that would also be evidence.

You stated she abused drugs and or alcohol at home and speculated that people who do fall a lot. I said that was what was rumor and speculation too.

I've had one too many on vacation but I'm not a drinker at home. Given some of the puritanical views when it comes to this 35 year old woman, I'd probably be labeled an alcoholic.

She may be an alcoholic, she may not be, RF may have abused her, he may not have. Why object so much when it only comes to RF yet everything else should be out on the table?

Perhaps my original thoughts on the subject have been misunderstood which was to say that someone should not be posting rumours that are coming second or third hand from "sources" who were not there at the time the incident happened. Nor apparently have these sources ever been told by RG that RF is responsible for those injuries, in fact I assume she denied it which is what is referenced by them as her "covering up" for him. It is a pretty serious accusation IMO when the person is here to defend himself and it could result in legal action I would think. And it is being posted on the internet by someone who doesn't know any of the players but is posting the information based on "sources" because she has an issue with RF because he didn't want to take her up on her "free services". It's just so petty and unnecessary IMO.

RL is not a POI in this and shouldn't have to be defending himself on the internet. He shouldn't be discussed at all other than what information he has provided to the investigation. He is a first hand witness regarding RG's character and behaviours whether we choose to believe him or not. So are her friends. He has stated that RG had problems with alcohol. I didn't base my belief that this may be true strictly on his word. I saw evidence which suggested that she was overindulging in Aruba and decided for myself, in my opinion, that he may be telling the truth about that. Whether she did this all the time or occasionally in his presence, perhaps to unwind after a long work week, is still up for debate...for me at least.

MOO

One thing is apparent, Robyn did not want RF to know she was in Aruba with GG
Only she knows the reasons why
Perhaps she wanted the relationship with RF to cntinue after the trip

I'm waiting to see if RF denies the allegations, or better yet, one of the friends of RG does. There is proof that these people have talked to the source, so I find it interesting no one has contested this allegation.

While it may do nothing to help locate her (a good search is the only thing that will besides a confession), many of us have wondered about the dynamics involved in these personal relationships and why RG went to Aruba with GG and not with her boyfriend. This could offer an explanation, if true.

Yes, and that was my only original point. It had been discussed numerous times that RG lied to RF and why she might have lied to him, some pretty derogatory towards her, and that RF was the wounded clueless BF left back home. he has even portrayed himself in that way, which CJ has disputed without going into detail.

Her lying to RF didn't have any bearing where she might be now either but it supposedly went to her frame of mind. Like I said, IF it was true that there was abuse between her and RF, it doesn't find her in Aruba but it could shed a different light or perspective on why she might have lied to him, her frame of mind.

If it had never been brought previously, the fact that she lied and different thoughts on why she may have lied, this information wouldn't have even given me a second thought.
JMHO

One thing is apparent, Robyn did not want RF to know she was in Aruba with GG
Only she knows the reasons why
Perhaps she wanted the relationship with RF to cntinue after the trip

Interesting point. If we take the "This Sucks" FB comment into another light, maybe this was a trial run with GG to see how it went. She maybe was hoping GG was the guy who could replace RF. Then, after spending a couple days with him, she realized it sucked and that she wants to try again with RF, thus her FB message about loving him before she disappeared.

MOO.

Does anyone know for sure if RG was drinking? I know police reported that GG had been drinking but how do we know RG was actually drinking? jmo

Interesting point. If we take the "This Sucks" FB comment into another light, maybe this was a trial run with GG to see how it went. She maybe was hoping GG was the guy who could replace RF. Then, after spending a couple days with him, she realized it sucked and that she wants to try again with RF, thus her FB message about loving him before she disappeared.

MOO.

Trying to catch up and confused: RF had stated that RG told him she was "with family" while really in Aruba with GG, right? Was RF ever asked what he thought those 3 messages from RG meant? Those messages are out of context until RG states what they were discussing at that time.

....Can Aruba authorities actually hold someone for 5 months with no evidence of a crime? How can that be? I am not saying GG is an innocent party in her disappearance, but he could be? So after the first 30 days they have nothing to hold him on and are allowed to extend that time 60 more days to FIND something to hold him on, and if that doesn't work they are given an additional 60 days to continue to look for "something to hold him on". WHAT!! That just seems wrong that a U.S. citizen can be held that way. ...Just sayin!

Trying to catch up and confused: RF had stated that RG told him she was "with family" while really in Aruba with GG, right? Was RF ever asked what he thought those 3 messages from RG meant? Those messages are out of context until RG states what they were discussing at that time.

....Can Aruba authorities actually hold someone for 5 months with no evidence of a crime? How can that be? I am not saying GG is an innocent party in her disappearance, but he could be? So after the first 30 days they have nothing to hold him on and are allowed to extend that time 60 more days to FIND something to hold him on, and if that doesn't work they are given an additional 60 days to continue to look for "something to hold him on". WHAT!! That just seems wrong that a U.S. citizen can be held that way. ...Just sayin!

Once you leave this country you are bound by the laws of other countries. They could care less who you are if they suspect you committed a crime. GG's mistake was trying to leave the country and lying to the Aruban's customs. That was enough to make them believe they had reasonable cause to hold him, IMO. This is Aruban law. They can hold him because it is Aruba. I believe they haven't gotten the blood information back yet and her ipad has yet to be examined. They will take their time and are not pressured by his American legal representative. It's just the way it is. Had he cooperated, ask for permission to leave, etc. he probably would have either been asked to stay longer or they would have told him he was free to go.

When you leave the US everything changes. Makes you appreciate the good US of A doesn't it even with our own issues? jmo

Thanks Lampchop,

So are you saying if GG, after helping authorities look for RG, had asked them if he could leave for the U.S. they would have not been able to detain him?
HMMMM--I did not realize it was confirmed that he lied to try and leave Aruba, thought it was another "rumor". Makes one wonder "why" he needed to lie, pretty stupid. eh?
......and yes, we are very lucky to live in the U.S., even with all it's problems.

Thanks Lampchop,

So are you saying if GG, after helping authorities look for RG, had asked them if he could leave for the U.S. they would have not been able to detain him?
HMMMM--I did not realize it was confirmed that he lied to try and leave Aruba, thought it was another "rumor". Makes one wonder "why" he needed to lie, pretty stupid. eh?
......and yes, we are very lucky to live in the U.S., even with all it's problems.
-------------
R. U. a defense attorney?

Thanks Lampchop,

No, not quite what I'm saying. They could have still asked him to stay until they were satisfied they had gotten enough information from him or they could have arrested him because they felt there was enough evidence to do so. The fact he tried to leave before his scheduled flight and made an excuse about RG sent up a giant red flag. To think you could lie to people who live on the island who know exactly what is going on, he had to be crazy. It's not like they don't pay any attention to the news. These people live there and were fully aware of who he was and why he was trying to leave. That was a big mistake on his part.

Another thing GG said that makes no sense. Supposedly he told RG's mother that he had gotten his sneakers and socks wet looking for her daughter. He was supposed to be in the water with her. Why would he make that kind of a statement unless it was a slip and in order to get himself wet he had to walk out into the rocky area where he may have gotten scratched and decided it was too rocky in the water to walk safely (and dark) and came back out. We know his suit was not wet, nor did his hair look like he had been in the water snorkeling. There is too much that does not make sense here. That area for a short distance out is very rocky on the bottom and it's hard to just walk out in bare feet. It not like a sandy bottom where you can get up to above your knees and swim the rest of the way. There are some large rocks there as well.

And, yes, we are very lucky. jmo

Never been on vacation? We saw pictures of her drinking, so? She was 35 years old and on vacation.

The rumors and speculations were that it means she abused drugs and or alcohol at home. There's no more evidence of that than claiming there's no evidence of abuse by RF so that shouldn't be allowed as part of any discussion. Her close friend has said that things were not as RF is portraying, that doesn't have anything to do with CB either and that would also be evidence.

You stated she abused drugs and or alcohol at home and speculated that people who do fall a lot. I said that was what was rumor and speculation too.

I've had one too many on vacation but I'm not a drinker at home. Given some of the puritanical views when it comes to this 35 year old woman, I'd probably be labeled an alcoholic.

She may be an alcoholic, she may not be, RF may have abused her, he may not have. Why object so much when it only comes to RF yet everything else should be out on the table?

A female alcoholic is likely to be malnourished, especially one who is also obsessed with her weight. This in combination with being drunk would make it very possible that she injured her self losing her balance or something. Hence the expression "falling down drunk". To me, the evidence leaves a lot of room for reasonable doubt, and I might be inclinded to vote not guilty for that reason.

But GG wasn't in the U.S. when this all went down. Whatever he did, and I think most of us agree he is guilty of something, he did it in a foreign country. Guess if he planned on being treated like he was in the U.S. he should have stayed here, or better yet, not done whatever it is he did. JMO

A female alcoholic is likely to be malnourished, especially one who is also obsessed with her weight. This in combination with being drunk would make it very possible that she injured her self losing her balance or something. Hence the expression "falling down drunk". To me, the evidence leaves a lot of room for reasonable doubt, and I might be inclinded to vote not guilty for that reason.

What? :waitasec:

I'm waiting to see if RF denies the allegations, or better yet, one of the friends of RG does. There is proof that these people have talked to the source, so I find it interesting no one has contested this allegation. Instead, RF has insisted the page refrain from anything other than helping find RG. CJ (bless her heart) has not contested it either.

While it may do nothing to help locate her (a good search is the only thing that will besides a confession), many of us have wondered about the dynamics involved in these personal relationships and why RG went to Aruba with GG and not with her boyfriend. This could offer an explanation, if true.

CJ stated about an hour ago that she has packed up RG's clothing and donated them to a battered women's shelter. She then went on to say that this is something Robyn would like.

That, to me, implies that CJ is acknowledging that RG was a battered woman.

Charges will be brought in the US. It's very unusual (rare) for a grand jury to refuse a prosecutor's request for an indictment (ham sandwich and all that). The question is, for what? The obvious answers are things like mail fraud (the insurance), possibly a forgery charge of some sort. But my guess is they have more.

It is possible, but I think unlikely at this point, that he will be indicted in the US on homicide charges of some sort (various ways to get there). I think they'll indict him on something they know they can prove now, extradite him when the Aruban authorities are unable to do anything, and then continue to work the case. They can always go for a superceding indictment later to add the bigger charges.

Should be interesting, the next couple of days.

I totally agree with you.

There would be no grand jury if they had not found something. Since the day they showed up at his house and took his computers and video equipment I've had a suspicion that possibly he had not erased his hard drive before he left. Something went terribly wrong, something that was not part of the original plan ... and, I truly believe there was a plan. I also feel since they have recently released some news stories (not sure if it is true or not) that there was another man with them that day at the Rum Reef, someone Gary may have met online ... that if that is the case, the feds know it now.

The one thing that I find makes me feel a bit of satisfaction is knowing, with a federal indictment waiting at home, if Aruba cannot bring a case together, he will not just walk away a free man.

I could be reading more into than I should but I have a gut feeling the answers to this could be on his computer usage, sites he visited and people he was in contact with. Also, he could have used his computer to scan the signature page in and send it off to AX.

Who knows, but, I can't wait to find out what they found!

CJ stated about an hour ago that she has packed up RG's clothing and donated them to a battered women's shelter. She then went on to say that this is something Robyn would like.

That, to me, implies that CJ is acknowledging that RG was a battered woman.

Thanks. I missed this and would like to see the interview if there is one. Where might I find it?

It is a very different system than we are used to
Is it better or worse? Not my call
Each time they go before a judge , the suspicion needs to be stronger
Must be some strong suspicion going on

Just saw this. Interesting. If true, it may explain why RG was not happy with RF and how she wound up on a trip with GG.

http://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...me_ft=1316616894&_ft_mf_objid=149496588478754

I take what that woman has said with a grain of salt. We're not supposed to talk about her here.

The only thing I am going to say is that true professionals do not plaster what people have told them IN CONFIDENCE all over the internet. I have no respect for people that break those confidences.

I totally agree with you.

There would be no grand jury if they had not found something. Since the day they showed up at his house and took his computers and video equipment I've had a suspicion that possibly he had not erased his hard drive before he left. Something went terribly wrong, something that was not part of the original plan ... and, I truly believe there was a plan. I also feel since they have recently released some news stories (not sure if it is true or not) that there was another man with them that day at the Rum Reef, someone Gary may have met online ... that if that is the case, the feds know it now.

The one thing that I find makes me feel a bit of satisfaction is knowing, with a federal indictment waiting at home, if Aruba cannot bring a case together, he will not just walk away a free man.

I could be reading more into than I should but I have a gut feeling the answers to this could be on his computer usage, sites he visited and people he was in contact with. Also, he could have used his computer to scan the signature page in and send it off to AX.

Who knows, but, I can't wait to find out what they found!

Right. It's remarkable how dumb people are about computers. They think they're safe because...what? They deleted that email? They cleared their history file? They emptied their Recycle Bin? Hell, a lot of people don't even go that far. I don't think GG is all that smart and I don't think he was even remotely capable of the perfect crime (and I've spent a lot of time studying the question of what is the perfect crime).

I was kind of hoping the indictment would be announced today. Maybe they have enough material for the GJ that it is taking more than one day to present. I am kind of surprised no one (MSM) is standing outside the courthouse watching who goes in and out. While you can't sit in on a GJ, you might be able to divine something from who goes in there...

Anyway, yeah, it should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member