ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well without a police report or even a direct statement from RG herself it is just a rumour. And since it is about someone who is present and accounted for, it's a dangerous rumour to be spreading around the internet IMO. It's a little different than rumours from first party witnesses who claim to have been told something directly by the victim or POI themselves I think. It appears that this is pure speculation on the part of the friends.

I also agree with Just-a-Guy. People who abuse alcohol and/or drugs have a much higher incidence of injuries than other people. She could have simply fallen and broken her arm, or had to be detained somehow to prevent further injury. I wonder what she said happened?

MOO

It's called libel and if it were me, I'd be talking to an attorney.

But GG wasn't in the U.S. when this all went down. Whatever he did, and I think most of us agree he is guilty of something, he did it in a foreign country. Guess if he planned on being treated like he was in the U.S. he should have stayed here, or better yet, not done whatever it is he did. JMO

He lied to customs when he was trying to get out of Aruba. He told them his "friend" would be taking another plane when he knew she was missing.

Innocent people do not find a need to lie, especially to people in authoritative positions.

Right. It's remarkable how dumb people are about computers. They think they're safe because...what? They deleted that email? They cleared their history file? They emptied their Recycle Bin? Hell, a lot of people don't even go that far. I don't think GG is all that smart and I don't think he was even remotely capable of the perfect crime (and I've spent a lot of time studying the question of what is the perfect crime).

I was kind of hoping the indictment would be announced today. Maybe they have enough material for the GJ that it is taking more than one day to present. I am kind of surprised no one (MSM) is standing outside the courthouse watching who goes in and out. While you can't sit in on a GJ, you might be able to divine something from who goes in there...

Anyway, yeah, it should be interesting.

Trust me, you can think you have deleted the entire hard drive but forensic scientists will find every email, every photo on it.

: )

Good thing I'm a goodey two shoes but if I were GG I'd be worried about what they were finding considering he is nutty enough to dress up as a deer and stalk a woman from her own back yard.

Trust me, you can think you have deleted the entire hard drive but forensic scientists will find every email, every photo on it.

: )

Good thing I'm a goodey two shoes but if I were GG I'd be worried about what they were finding considering he is nutty enough to dress up as a deer and stalk a woman from her own back yard.

OMG yes!!
But that does not mean he is a murderer
It means he is nutty

You know, Lets face it, other than a bad reputation, where is there any proof he is a murderer?
I have been under the firm impression that he killed her but at some point I have to rethink this
There IMO is no evidence of this

OMG yes!!
It means he is nutty

You know, Lets face it, other than a bad reputation, where is there any proof he is a murderer?
I have been under the firm impression that he killed her but at some point I have to rethink this

As I have said before here, evidence is a funny concept. Where's the evidence on Scott Petersen? No one saw him do it. No fingerprints. No video. No blood on his hands. It was all totally circumstantial.

And if that doesn't do it for you, research the case of Ben Smart and Olivia Hope. No bodies ever found. No witnesses to the crime. Not so much as a hair. Yet a man is doing time now for their murder.

I have no idea whether there will ultimately be enough evidence to convince whoever has the question to indict GG. To me, there already is.

OMG yes!!
It means he is nutty

The evidence in Aruba, unfortunately, is all circumstantial. I'm holding out for what the feds found. I just have a gut feeling about it. He angers easily ... OMG what they could have found on that computer considering how easily he angered.

Has anyone else noticed that in every single picture, Robyn does not look happy? In most of the photos released before yesterday, they weren't even walking together. I noticed that and I feel she may have realized she made a big mistake by going there with him. Just speculation on my part. But, he doesn't come across as the type who would take that lightly.

Another thing ... they have her ipad. She had that in Aruba. He was logging in as her after she went missing and pretending to be her.

Is that something someone does who just watched a friend drown?

No, it isn't and Holland has the ipad and I'm sure they have ample forensic scientists looking at it and coming up with the timelines of its use and exactly what he did.

Also, one of his x girlfriends said he texted her from Aruba while they were looking for Robyn. She called him and he said he's in the middle of something!

Just too many weird things.

Definitely "on" something. Look at the red bags under his eyes. That guy is a complete psycho and an obvious substance abuser. She doesn't look too "into it" either. Pretty scary photo. Where did that come from?

Gary and Robyn attended a party July 31 at Moomba's.
There are more pics from them at that party/concert etc.

As I have said before here, evidence is a funny concept. Where's the evidence on Scott Petersen? No one saw him do it. No fingerprints. No video. No blood on his hands. It was all totally circumstantial.

And if that doesn't do it for you, research the case of Ben Smart and Olivia Hope. No bodies ever found. No witnesses to the crime. Not so much as a hair. Yet a man is doing time now for their murder.

I have no idea whether there will ultimately be enough evidence to convince whoever has the question to indict GG. To me, there already is.

I am not familiar with any of these crimes
Do you feel they are guilty?
I do believe in innocent until proven guilty
He LOOKs guilty , but my mind is still open... Show me
as much as I want guilty people to make amends, i do not like the idea of innocent people to do time for a crime that they didn't commimt

i think all of us can link to crimes where innocent people have been found guilty

I believed from day one GG was a murderer
But

NOw, I don't know
As i said, my mind changes with every news report

Another thing ... they have her ipad. She had that in Aruba. He was logging in as her after she went missing and pretending to be her.
Is that something someone does who just watched a friend drown?

No, it isn't and Holland has the ipad and I'm sure they have ample forensic scientists looking at it and coming up with the timelines of its use and exactly what he did.

Also, one of his x girlfriends said he texted her from Aruba while they were looking for Robyn. She called him and he said he's in the middle of something!

Just too many weird things.
-Bolded by me.

Forester claims he saw an online status days after she went missing (and him not knowing it).
It is not a fact that Gary was using her Ipad, her family arrived I think Wednesday, they took her belongings, if for whatever reason they put on her ipad and she had an auto log-in it could seem to Forester that she was online when she wasn't. He did not know she was missing by then.

It is not a fact Gary was pretending to be her, he did not send any messages pretending to be her, nor is it clear who was on her Ipad, or if anyone was. IMO

As you regulars know I am not a fan of ABC's reporting on this case, but in the last few weeks it has improved (about the same time a certain ABC producer appears to have been taken off the reporting...) Anyway, this video you will remember this image:

bruises.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aru...tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=14426693

Per ABC in this video, they got some witness statements. It now appears that they may well have gotten them! This is helpful for me personally, because also in the video it is discussed how:

1. The dress was found, an unusually far distance from their towels according to the witness.
2. That GG said RG had a hair appointment for her hair extensions the following day of their return, but CJ was able to counter that as false as she is the hairdresser. She also said RG would never go in the water because it is really bad for her extensions.
3. That GG said he chose that secluded spot because RG wanted to sunbathe topless.
4. That RG had accused GG of scary behavior in the past, according to CJ.

MOO.

-Bolded by me.

Forester claims he saw an online status days after she went missing (and him not knowing it).
It is not a fact that Gary was using her Ipad, her family arrived I think Wednesday, they took her belongings, if for whatever reason they put on her ipad and she had an auto log-in it could seem to Forester that she was online when she wasn't. He did not know she was missing by then.

It is not a fact Gary was pretending to be her, he did not send any messages pretending to be her, nor is it clear who was on her Ipad, or if anyone was. IMO

Yeah
I rarely log off

I am not familiar with any of these crimes
Do you feel they are guilty?

I have no doubt that Scott Petersen is guilty. As for the Smart/Hope case...I have studied it for years. I have tons of material on the case, including at least four books, a documentary, the trial transcript and much more. I have corresponded with some of the experts involved in the case in New Zealand. To me, it is perhaps the most perplexing case in modern criminal history. The man convicted of their murder, Scott Watson (too many Scotts around here...) is presently in prison. Sometimes, I am convinced he did it. Other times, I have doubts. Sad case.

I guess the point is, sometimes when it all seems to add up to you, it may well add up to the criminal justice system, as well, even when there is no smoking gun.

As you regulars know I am not a fan of ABC's reporting on this case, but in the last few weeks it has improved (about the same time a certain ABC producer appears to have been taken off the reporting...) Anyway, this video you will remember this image:

bruises.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aru...tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=14426693

Per ABC in this video, they got some witness statements. It now appears that they may well have gotten them! This is helpful for me personally, because also in the video it is discussed how:

1. The dress was found, an unusually far distance from their towels according to the witness.
2. That GG said RG had a hair appointment for her hair extensions the following day of their return, but CJ was able to counter that as false as she is the hairdresser. She also said RG would never go in the water because it is really bad for her extensions.
3. That GG said he chose that secluded spot because RG wanted to sunbathe naked.

MOO.

Topless is permitted but naked is not from what I'm aware of, and again not going to get a tan at 5pm at night. Plus Baby Beach is a well-known family beach because the cove is protected. So that makes little to no sense. jmo

bruises.jpg

3. That GG said he chose that secluded spot because RG wanted to sunbathe naked.

MOO.

Thank you
I will need to look at this tomorrow
I am very tired

Just want to say... nobody i know, knows me the way they think they do!!
Have a great night my friends

Topless is permitted but naked is not from what I'm aware of, and again not going to get a tan at 5pm at night. Plus Baby Beach is a well-known family beach because the cove is protected. So that makes little to no sense. jmo

Thanks - I actually should have said topless. I edited the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg