Ashley Madison cheating website hacked, July 2015

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by LadyL, Jul 20, 2015.

1. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I didn't know where to put this. Technically it's a crime but this forum seems to be full of violent crimes. Anyway, a mod will move it if appropriate.

... the hackers posted some data and were threatening to release all Ashley MadisonÂ’s customer records if their demands were not met.

http://www.am980.ca/2015/07/20/cheating-website-ashley-madison-hacked/

2. Loading...

3. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

37 million people are very nervous right now!

If Ashley Madison is not taken offline, they have threatened to “release customer records, including profiles with all the customers’ secret sexual fantasies and matching credit card transactions, real names and addresses, and employee documents and emails.”

Included in the exposed personal information are customers’ email addresses, usernames, passwords, birthdays and zip codes, in addition to their sexual preferences.

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Hhahahhaaa....sorry, but I have to laugh a little....

6. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

For those of us (hi!) who had no clue.

7. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

Well.... Those folks sneaking around should be worried. Things done in the dark come to light. Ha! If hackers can hack the Pentagon, what makes people think a flimsy cheating site would be safe with such secrets? Jmo

ciao

8. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Exactly. I call it laughable Karma. If you think it is fine to sneak around on your spouse then go for it...but watch your own back.

9. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

Wow, you made my day finding this. Is it wrong to want them to release all they have????? :thinking:

10. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Some how I doubt there are actually 37 million customers on that site. But whatever the number is, I bet there aren't many new customers signing up anytime soon. Just a rumor of something like this could wreck that company.

11. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

The sad thing is, they are quoting 37 million members. Really? And if it was gone tomorrow, there are hundreds of other sites that cater to this. Where are the good old days of just having an affair at the office. LOL, just kidding, you that, Right?

12. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

GOOD!!!! glad it was hacked , I hope all is exposed :) I'm sure there a lot of people on edge by their own actions Good! JMO and all that:shame:

13. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Well-Known Member

I too giggled at the thought of a sneaky run around who used the site to betray someone - getting betrayed by said site.

14. T4Tide

T4Tide Verified Registered Nurse

15. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Are the hackers a group of divorce attorneys? :giggle:

16. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Thats hilarious!! However, if it was divorce attorneys, they would have already released the info. LOL

17. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

18. EmmaliLucia

EmmaliLucia New Member

Say what you want about those cheating on their spouses, but their sexual preferences, fantasies, and credit card information should be kept safe.

Sure, these people are cheating on their spouses, but a lot of time the people who do this are ones who feel so uncomfortable with their current spouse that they can't even open up about their sexuality. They feel trapped and helpless knowing that they can't even open up to the one they love, and most of these people feel incredibly stuck either financially or because of family things. There are people out there that are so terrified of their kinks coming to light, because they love their partner, but they also know their partner would not be accepting of whatever kink they might have.

Can you imagine someone having, say, a foot fetish. They love their spouse dearly and love their children, but the spouse would be disgusted with even knowing this person has said fetish, and if they divorced and the foot fetish came to light the family courts would definitely make it extremely hard for this person to gain any sort of favourable custody (It's so extremely common for people in the kink scene to lose their children in custody disputes that there's a reason many don't "Come out,").

This is horrible and disgusting and I really hope these people are caught before any person is blackmailed like this. These hackers are threatening to out these people to their bosses, for Christ's sake! I really hope that when they get caught the courts don't go easy on them, either.

19. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

oh I laughed literally out loud

20. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

meh still don't care

I mean they have the option of divorcing their spouse & participating in the kink scene as a single person but instead they make a fool out of their spouse

nasty nasty nasty

21. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

I don't agree with them releasing the names. It will embarass their spouses and children, and will make private family stuff a public event. It's nobody's business except the couple, and we know nothing about their relationship.