Astrologers LIBRARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jersey Girl is looking forward to astrology books for Christmas. I think the perfect author for these gifts would be Ronald C. Davison, who wrote Astrology. He is also the author of The Technique of Prediction. He wrote another hardback on synastry.

Tuba, I just wanted to say thank you! You know, I love to read & when I get hold of a good book, I can breeze right through it. I just read the entire True Blood series in 5 days! Since learning astrology will be something new for me, as interesting as it is, I'm such a stupid perfectionist that I'll probably never put the books down for months, trying to perfect my technique and all. Maybe I can not only learn about myself and why being a Leo is just as much a hinderance as it is a pleasure, being such a perfectionist & opinionated & stuff...but maybe I can learn to help in the same manner you all do. What a great reward it would bring me to help figure things out the way you all do!

Again, thanks O' Wise Ones!

:blowkiss:

Jersey

bumping to the 1st page. I couldn't find this thread without a search. Thought it might help others with questions like me. :)

The book that discusses identical twins and all the strange reality phenomena that comes from their lives is Write Your Own Horoscope, by Joseph F. Goodavage. Obviously, he interrelates the astrology that corresponds to events in twins' lives. The book is very valuable for many other reasons. I have recommended it before. It was published in paperback edition only and should not prove expensive. This man was a reporter and a scientist before he came into astrology.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/...osmos/CaptureofTableDetrimentFallDignityE.png

TableofPlanetsdignityexhalteddetrim.jpg

I was wondering if our wonderful astrologers had seen this site & their opinions on it. I have found it very interesting. It has a free astrology course if anyone is interested.
http://astrology.clairvision.org/index.html

Clairvision is both reputable and a good resource for quick lookups of Arabic Lots when you don't feel like erecting an entire chart on your programs.
They are the replacement of the old Canopus site, where you DID get the option of a neat chart as well as the other options that astrology programs give you.

Canopus is no longer available from what I heard, although I managed to get it back when I lost it once, rebooting my computer.

Canopus was originally out of Australia, so I think their replacement, Clairvision is as well., but they may have an office in California as they do a lot of spirtual and/or New Age type workshops

From the Clairvision site:

Canopus Astrology Software
Canopus, the astrology software developed by Samuel Sagan 1990's is now long dead. It has been replaced by a free online application: Clairvision Virtual Astrologer.
http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe/ckbc/fol_0000_0700/cat_0000_2222/qid_0000_2222_0014.html

http://www.clairvision.org/

The book that discusses identical twins and all the strange reality phenomena that comes from their lives is Write Your Own Horoscope, by Joseph F. Goodavage. Obviously, he interrelates the astrology that corresponds to events in twins' lives. The book is very valuable for many other reasons. I have recommended it before. It was published in paperback edition only and should not prove expensive. This man was a reporter and a scientist before he came into astrology.

I did manage to order this book from my online bookclub. It's in paperback, and quite old.

However, I was kind of disappointed I must say, that Mr. Goodavage or his publisher with newer editions or his estate if republished later on, did not give us the end result of this larger study he did in Tucson of Astro Twins.

Do you know how the study fared, as the children grew up who were born the same day and time in the same locale?

The book left me then, with a "wanting more" like the answers to these all important questions of "What Happened to them?" :waitasec:
"How did their lives turn out?"

That was the entire basis of his study to begin with from what I understood him to infer, to study how their lives would indeed turn out years from the gathering of the statistical information.

Perhaps he died before he got around to publishing the answers that the study was about?

Leomoon.

Ref:
Do you know how the study fared, as the children grew up who were born the same day and time in the same locale?

Oh, I see he did die, in the late 80s. I suppose he never got around to publishing the answers to what happened to his twin study and statistics. That's a shame, I was waiting with "bated breath" to know.....:banghead:

I'll be looking at his natal chart no doubt, he sounds like a fascinating personality, with a sense of humor too and that is all
too often missing in the world of Astrology. He was old school, and friends with Linda Goodman accdg.to the memorial
and Linda was another Aries, with a great wit herself, sorely missed. Her writings are classics imo even though simplistic, quite eloquent in their simplicity.

http://www.solsticepoint.com/astrologersmemorial/goodavage.html

Yes, I read that one, and am looking for a more in depth and comprehensive one.
They had one online years ago, a Widget (UK), link, but it's long ago gone as Widgets shut down.

The only notes I kept were the following:

(Doesn't mention stepmother, that one link which was posted earlierindicated it is the 5th house or the 2nd from the 4th (biological mom)

That's the comprehensive type of link I'd love to find:

DERIVATIVE HOUSES

1st child
2nd sibling (3 from 3)
Friend's spouse (7 from 11)

6th:

Maternal aunts and uncles (3 from 4)

7th:

1st spouse
2nd child
3rd sibling (3 from 5)
Nieces and nephews (5 from 3)
Mom's mom (4 from 4)
Dad's dad (10 from 10)

8th:

Dad's friends(11 from 10)
Friend's dad (10 from 11)
Employees of siblings (6 from 3)

9th:

2nd spouse
3rd child
4th sibling (3 from 7)
Grandchildren (5 from 5)
In-law brothers and sisters (3 from 7)
Friends of friends (11 from 11)

10th:
Cousins maternally related (5 from 6)
Mom in law (4 from 7)
Stepdad

11th:

3rd spouse
4th child
Spouse's children (7 from 5)
Adopted children (5 from 7)
Foster children (5 from 7)

12th:

Paternal aunts and uncles (3 from 10)

Part of Find with many thanks to Tuba:

Find is a useful part. If someone was stealing from your storage shed, you could use it to locate where the thief was coming from. Or, if a strange noise was bothering you night after night, you could trace the source.

The formula is Moon + House 4 Cusp - chart ruler. Chart ruler means ruler of the ASC.

An astrologer named Marie DeLeone discovered the Part of Find some years ago. It is used to find lost pets, items of value and missing persons. Lets call it a pure point, one with no connotations other than pointing to a location where a person or a thing may be found. You would look at both the Sign and the House position and also at aspects to (F) to derive its meaning in a particular chart.

Came across this in my reading today at Auntie Moon. Personally, I'm not big on mixed drinks but it was fun to click on the sun signs and read about what fruit, herbs or flowers went with what. If you were having a dinner party, it would be fun to make a zodiac cocktail for each guest based on their sign.
http://www.intoxicatedzodiac.com/astrococktails.php

Nurse, be sure to check the General Astro thread. There are lots of links to good astrology sites there. I like http://bobmarksastrologer.com -- he has very understandable lessons posted.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Dear Soulscape, thank you for the above link to the Bob Marks site. I'm learning so much! I like the way he gives examples, and explains what it means. It's a very good site for a beginner.

Christopher Warnock Esq. practices as an appellate public defender in Washington D.C. Using the same sources that any thorough lawyer would use - trial transcripts, depositions, casebooks, law reviews, law reporters and such - his knowledge of Renaissance astrology gives him another source of valuable insight into his cases. In this article he offers an introduction to the traditional technique, demonstrated by five recent examples of his judgements.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/astrology_law.html
This was an interesting read and informative, so thought I would share. Rulerships, who they signify and judgments were explained well in this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member