Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing

Oh yeah totally forgot how OCSO is trying to railroad her (insert eye roll)........

I think it's funny how you all think that There should be be no standard and a right to incommunicable pergatory in a case that is in fact being tried by the media ... especially by NG herself!

Tell me where it say's she [Casey] had/has she chosen to give her child up for adoption that she ... is obligated to tell anyone!

It doesn't matter if makes sense to to anyone else or not... we don't know why she may be refusing to speak, who she is trying to protct....

And you know what ???

She's 22 years old, and gave birth ... she's not obligated to YOU or ME .. or ANYONE! IT'S her God given right to be quiet and try to protect where her daughter is...

Just another theory ....

Go ahead and snap

Her daughter is rotting out in a field by her hand. She isn't about to incriminate herself. Thats why she doesn't talk. Thats my opinion anyway. She isn't protecting anyone. If she was, she would never have said anything about it at all but secretly would have told LE about it so they could move in and get the child and arrest those responsible. That story is a bunch of bunk.

FROM THE SEPT. 11 EDITION OF THE ORLANDO SENTINEL:

Casey Anthony's attorney filed papers requesting that the state stop testing and handling forensic evidence until the court rules on how the testing will proceed.

Authorities collected hair, dirt and stain samples from the back of Anthony's car, which was towed from an Amscot check-cashing business June 30. Air samples taken from the trunk showed it once contained a decomposing body. Anthony reported her daughter, Caylee Marie, missing in mid-July -- more than a month after relatives say they last saw the girl.

In the three-page motion filed Tuesday, Jose Baez wrote how forensic testing can be "destructive" to the samples, which also can be mishandled. He is asking the court for a fair way of determining which evidence can be tested, how and where. He also would like someone from his defense team to observe the testing. Baez wrote that forensic evidence that can be confirmed or challenged will affect his client's right to a fair trial.

Meanwhile, Anthony remains at home on bond. She is charged with child neglect, filing a false statement with law enforcement and check fraud.
________
Now my question, can a lawyer file a request that the FBI stop testing material that is part of a missing child case? There has been no murder charges, and the evidence is all connected with finding a 3 year old girl hopefully alive.
How irresponsible to demand no more testing is done, when that testing could lead to what you and your client mantain that Caylee is alive and well, and you only want to find her? It seems to me that demanding such an action is admitting that there is evidence damaging to your client postion in a murder trial, and only postponing the testing of evidence, putting poor Caylee in more danger.

OK OJ! nice desperate try from Baez.....

Which would actually bring a much more personal element into the mix for JB.

if paternity is established then guess what, the Anthony's are no longer the primary next of kin. The right to intervene on the childs behalf, or sue for wrongful death would pass to the father, or the fathers family.

And if I understand the Son of Sam laws, it would mean that any proceeds of the crime would pass to the childs estate. Which would go to the surviving parent (who didn't kill her).

In other words, if paternity is established, chances are JB doesn't get paid a dime for all of this.

That is an angle I had not thought about. If that child's father is not GA then ALL the power goes to the father.

I wonder if they are getting DNA samples from all the men they know she associated with in the past. I think most of them would give it willing.

I think it's funny how you all think that There should be be no standard and a right to incommunicable pergatory in a case that is in fact being tried by the media ... especially by NG herself!

Tell me where it say's she [Casey] had/has she chosen to give her child up for adoption that she ... is o

As I have said before, her attorney can file motions to his hearts content. He has to earn his billable hours somehow. There's just the small problem of the judge AGREEING to them. His attempt to discredit the FBI forensic labs is laughable at best.

I think it's funny how you all think that There should be be no standard and that you have a right to incommunicable pergatory in a case that is in fact being tried by the media ... especially by NG herself!

Tell me where it say's she [Casey] had/has she chosen to give her child up for adoption that she ... is o

No one knows the inside and out of this case! I am throwing around some theories, that some may or may not approve of ... that's alright. I'm entitled to do that. If you want quote me ... you're entitled to that as well, just make it clear that's what you're doing. Did you have a question? You still didn't say

I'm saying in this paticular theory [of adoption] ... especially if there were underlying circumstances, why is she obligated to tell ANYONE! No other adoptive mother has been required to. As a childbearing mother, it's her constitutional right to keep it a secret, whether it be to LE. parent's or the World! She might just have her reasons to be willing to spend time in prison. ??????????/

Of course some of you may have to scroll back to understand what I've been quoted about ... as it was unclear in post 171.

Just thought I'd post this. Looks like the whole "Stop the testing" probably won't happen. Baez forgot to deliver a copy of the request ot the judge (snicker) and he never requested a hearing on the matter either.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17445767/detail.html

Baez is in waaaaaay over his head on this case, IMO. Maybe with all this possible money coming to the family they will hire Casey a good experienced defense attorney. JMHO!

Baez is in waaaaaay over his head on this case, IMO. Maybe with all this possible money coming to the family they will hire Casey a good experienced defense attorney. JMHO!

Totally agree and i think this just proves it.

Note to Baez: If you actually want the judge to do something, you must actually file the paperwork that will get you in court to be able to ask him. No carrier pigeons, no smoke signals, and no watching the sky for the BatSignal.

Tell me where it say's she [Casey] had/has she chosen to give her child up for adoption that she ... is obligated to tell anyone!

It doesn't matter if makes sense to to anyone else or not... we don't know why she may be refusing to speak, who she is trying to protct....

And you know what ???

She's 22 years old, and gave birth ... she's not obligated to YOU or ME .. or ANYONE! IT'S her God given right to be quiet and try to protect where her daughter is...

Just another theory ....

Go ahead and snap

Not sure how this has anything to do with Baez's motion regarding forensic testing???

But, if she did legally give Kaylee up for adoption she isn't obligated to disclose it, I'd assume Since there is an active investigation at many levels, local and federal, I would think that the legal organization that was the mediator in the the adoption would be obligated to let officials know. I can't imagine they could just sit idly aside, watching this circus, without the obligation to inform LE they are wasting time and resources on a little girl who has been given up for adoption.

I really don't think she gave her up for adoption...

If Casey legally adopted her child out to someone, why would she sit in jail and perhaps go up on murder charges and refuse to tell police she did a legal thing? Your idea of an adoption makes no sense at all. No one is going to spend years in jail because they did something legal and keep their mouth shut.

If Casey legally adopted her child out to someone, why would she sit in jail and perhaps go up on murder charges and refuse to tell police she did a legal thing? Your idea of an adoption makes no sense at all. No one is going to spend years in jail because they did something legal and keep their mouth shut.

this is exactly what i was thinking.

Just thought I'd post this. Looks like the whole "Stop the testing" probably won't happen. Baez forgot to deliver a copy of the request ot the judge (snicker) and he never requested a hearing on the matter either.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17445767/detail.html

Did you catch this in the article? This ties in with the body farm team going to Orlando..............ANYONE in forensics can immediately tell the difference between animal and human bones.

"Meanwhile, investigators are convinced that the bones that a searcher found on Monday not far from where Casey Anthony's car was found belonged to animals, but they are still being analyzed"

Did you catch this in the article? This ties in with the body farm team going to Orlando..............ANYONE in forensics can immediately tell the difference between animal and human bones.

"Meanwhile, investigators are convinced that the bones that a searcher found on Monday not far from where Casey Anthony's car was found belonged to animals, but they are still being analyzed"

Hi, Turbothink, thanks for the link notation.

Actually, it's not quite everyone and not quite immediate. Some particular animal bones do bear striking similarity with human bones. Usually, they can be differentiated with tests

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back