Attorney Sues After Spending Almost $19,000 at Florida Strip Club

My answer to him? You got yourself drunk-no one else did. The drinks weren't forced on him or poured down his throat. He chose to pick up the glass.

Wow that's kinda of a double standard isn't it? If a woman got drunk to the point of blacking out, not passing out, and woke up the next day to find out that she had sex with 10 guys because they knew she wasn't passed out but in a state she would just go along with it, you wouldn't say that to her would you?

My point is that this type of thing happens in strip clubs and seedy bars a lot. They will see a guy spending a lot and drinking a lot, and wait to they get sloshed and blackout drunk to the point that they don't really know what is going on or remember. That is when they start adding things to the tab that they never asked for. When the person is ready to leave they bring them the receipt, usually partially obscured, and let the person sign knowing that they are to pay attention to it. In Japan the Yakuza was well known for doing this in the bars that they owned and many of them were prosecuted for it.

Yes this guy shouldn't have gotten drunk to the point of blacking out. Also being an attorney he should have probably had better common since than to hand over his credit card and let them run a tab, he should have just brought cash and paid for everything with cash. But him failing in both of these areas doesn't give anybody the right to victimize him.

This thread is useless without pictures...:floorlaugh:

Here is a little more about the AT sueing with a pick :)

Mark S. Gold Founder Of The Ticket Clinic Sues After Spending Almost $19,000 At Strip Club

Yep…that’s him in the video above. From the “this must be quite embarrassing file”, an attorney who has made his fortune defending drunk drivers says he was victimized while he himself was drunk. And we’re not talking, “can’t walk a straight line drunk”, we’re talking passed out in the corner, face down unconscious drunk.

Just a wee bit ironic don’t you think?

The Ticket Clinic founder, whose firm specializes in defending drunken-driving offenses is suing a Gold Rush strip club in Miami claiming it got him so drunk he spent almost $19,000 on his credit card.

http://www.robinashley.com/tag/gold-rush-strip-club-being-sued/

I would love to see his tab. Somebody must have gotten one heck of a tip. I may have missed it but how did this guy get home? If he can't remember he may have spent the night with a high end hooker and can't remember.

Wow that's kinda of a double standard isn't it? If a woman got drunk to the point of blacking out, not passing out, and woke up the next day to find out that she had sex with 10 guys because they knew she wasn't passed out but in a state she would just go along with it, you wouldn't say that to her would you?

My point is that this type of thing happens in strip clubs and seedy bars a lot. They will see a guy spending a lot and drinking a lot, and wait to they get sloshed and blackout drunk to the point that they don't really know what is going on or remember. That is when they start adding things to the tab that they never asked for. When the person is ready to leave they bring them the receipt, usually partially obscured, and let the person sign knowing that they are to pay attention to it. In Japan the Yakuza was well known for doing this in the bars that they owned and many of them were prosecuted for it.

Yes this guy shouldn't have gotten drunk to the point of blacking out. Also being an attorney he should have probably had better common since than to hand over his credit card and let them run a tab, he should have just brought cash and paid for everything with cash. But him failing in both of these areas doesn't give anybody the right to victimize him.

I've always wondered how a woman can be too drunk to give consent, but her drunken male partner is still culpable. Maybe that isn't how the law is enforced in real life, but it sure seems that way from TV.

Well you can read here a litle about the club and some of the cost associated with it. Like $900 dollars per half hour for a private champagne room :eek:

You will have to scroll down to comments where the owner posted....

GoldRush, Miami

http://www.clubplanet.com/Venues/84236/Miami/GoldRush

What goes on in the Champagne Room that's worth almost $2K/hour? Is that where they keep the "good blow" mentioned in the comments?

FWIW, I know they are anonymous and, keeping in mind Lolamoon08's remarks above, I'm sure buyer's remorse is common, but the reviews for that club are pretty negative.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back