Australia - Courtney Herron, 25, body found in Royal Park, Melbourne, 25 May 2019

The cause of the woman's death is yet to be determined and she has not been formally identified.

Assistant Commissioner Luke Cornelius lamented the violence being perpetrated by men against women

"This is about men's behaviour. This is not about women's behaviour,"
he told reporters.
"For me as a man, it gives me pause for reflection."
Police declined to say how old the victim was or how she died
'This is about men's behaviour': Top cop laments violence after woman found dead in Melbourne park

Parkville's parklands, near Melbourne Zoo and Melbourne University, are popular with joggers, dogs walkers and cyclists.

The woman was found near the intersection of busy Flemington Road and Elliott Avenue, which is one of the main links between Melbourne's east and west.

It is about 2 kilometres from where comedian Eurydice Dixon, 22, was raped and murdered in June last year.

In January, 21-year-old Arab-Israeli exchange student Aiia Maasarwe was fatally attacked.

'Horrendous': Hunt for 'perpetrator' after woman found dead in Melbourne park

So very, very sad, and so vile a crime, yet again.

I have written about 10 paragraphs, but really, it is too vile to write about. It is intolerable.

From the maps in the newspapers, it appears that her body was found in the opposite side of the Park, Miss Dixon on the east side, the Brunswick/North Carlton side, and this poor girl on the far west side, the Travancore/Flemington side. It said somewhere that it was about 2 klms apart, but I think that is an error, it's more like 5, or even 6. ..

Maybe that is significant, maybe not.

Last edited:
Surely, the horror of that vicious *advertiser censored* who actually defiled the place where Miss Dixon was murdered, the smarmy little pig who took umbrage and used her murder as a protest against his risible perspectives about autism will not be repeated.

Surely , surely not.

'A horrendous crime': Body of woman found in Melbourne's north
16x9_medium

Forensic investigators are seen at work at the crime scene in Royal Park. Source: AAP

"Sadly at the moment we still don't know who this female is, we don't know the circumstances that brought her to the park or what happened," he said.

The park is one of Melbourne's busiest by day and used by rough sleepers at night, he said, and appealed for anyone who saw anything on Friday night or the early hours of Saturday to come forward.

"We really need the community's help with this."

"He said police had no idea yet about the woman's age, cause of death or if they're looking for a particular weapon, but suggested the possibility it was a random attack would be a "strong focus".
rbbm.

MSM is reporting this poor woman is still unidentified but this could be due to her family having to be told.
Nurses have to walk through that park before and after their shifts and/or the university is close by.
Other reports say many homeless sleep rough in this park.
This is horrific but how do you stop it?

Devastating. Not even a year later, and it’s happened again. I hope with all the people that have come forward with information will help in the investigation. Looking forward to the findings to put another terrible human behind bars. Disturbing and again so sad knowing another family will be going through the trauma as it all unfolds losing their daughter, aunty, grandchild or even a mother. Unbelievable!!

My sister in law is currently doing nursing placement and goes that exact way and lives right near there. This story is making me feel ill. We shouldn’t have to feel
So scared :( rip poor woman
That is a scary thought. Has she ever had bad experiences walking through there? I imagine now she will be quite shocked and uncertain about her safety indefinitely now. Such a shame it can’t be different. Opportunists prey at any lengths and being such a huge area, it’s going to be so hard to pin point perpetrators. I hope someone’s house surveillance or any form of surveillance will become available. Fingers and toes all crossed

My sister in law is currently doing nursing placement and goes that exact way and lives right near there. This story is making me feel ill. We shouldn’t have to feel
So scared :( rip poor woman
Guessing (and hoping) that area will be one of the safest places to be for the next while because LE will surely be keeping an eye on the area and the people who pass through it. imo, speculation.

Who could this woman be?

Is she Aiia Maasarwe and innocent exchange student thinking Australia is a safe place to walk home or is she Jill Meagher, a working married woman walking home from some after work drinks, Masa vukotic a high performing student going for an innocent jog or is she Eurydice Dixon walking home from doing a gig?

A hardworking nurse, exhausted from hours of saving lives.....?

AND him another on parole to go about freely again to destroy innocent lives. That must stop!

Bring out more CCTV.

Who could this woman be?

Is she Aiia Maasarwe and innocent exchange student thinking Australia is a safe place to walk home or is she Jill Meagher, a working married woman walking home from some after work drinks, Masa vukotic a high performing student going for an innocent jog or is she Eurydice Dixon walking home from doing a gig?

A hardworking nurse, exhausted from hours of saving lives.....?

AND him another on parole to go about freely again to destroy innocent lives. That must stop!

Bring out more CCTV.
Great post!! Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Another one bites the dust.

'Everyone has the right to get home without being killed': Melbourne garbage truck driver starts local chapter of Guardian Angels vigilante group to protect women after the brutal rape and murder of an Israeli student

Probably, a genuine attempt to contribute some help, but you have to wonder, it would be very attractive to join the group precisely to find out where they didn't go and keep a constant eye on vulnerable prey, ie. an ordinary woman, going home.

The social and political climate is not conducive to having a lot of money thrown at this problem, nation wide. Billions can be churned through, buying fighter planes, and destroyers and umpteen submarines, but the real danger, the proven statistical unarguable mathematically final total for women , in Australia, this is the glaringly, daily, often quickly solved, but sometimes not so damn quickly, matter of life OR death.

As TGY lays out, sure, he'll be found, he'll most likely have some sort of problem with his mother, she threw a jar of jam at him when he was in kindy, from a single parent family, unemployed and unemployable, somewhere between 19/20 and 25/28, unimpressive, and most likely known to a few as weird and avoidable, reluctant about personal hygiene, school dropout, embracing a variety of addictions, *advertiser censored*, ice, hash, alcohol, tobacco, and that so common addiction of rage.

The rage , along with the sense of entitlement, that will be running strong still, today, he is, probably, like Herrman, taking selfies of himself, propping up his fantasy of himself as avenger, righter of wrongs, defender of masculinity, ..

Trial, conviction, sentence, then parole . Out in 10 years.

in 2030, some young woman, taking the short cut thru Royal Park after night shift at the Childrens' Hospital.. well. You know the rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back