Australia - Courtney Herron, 25, body found in Royal Park, Melbourne, 25 May 2019

This is a very sad situation and so many factors at play.

Firstly, to the poor young woman who lost her life. To the family of that young woman. I feel she was let down by the system in multiple ways, homelessness, lack of resources for drug rehabilitation, her general safety overall. Incredibly vulnerable situation.

Secondly, the young man who committed this atrocity. He has two very young children, who will now have to live with the fact their father committed this crime. To the partner who had these children, having to explain that to them when they have an understanding... horrible.

I agree with what was said about about the diagnosis of ADHD and possible ASD being an excuse. I know quite a few people with this diagnosis and it’s not something that they would do (at least I would think so), if he is a recreational drug user, I’m not entirely sure how that would affect his symptoms of said illnesses.

Also mentioned above, this is what the lawyer has to say to lay the basis and groundwork for his case.
Get it. That’s what they have to work with. Just a slap in the face for those with that health issue and further adds to the taboo of mental illness. Which personally I can’t stand. Just IMO.

I’m not making excuses for this alleged murderer but this describes his downward spiral.

Henry Hammond went from a polished private school student to a barefoot homeless man living in a van as his life spiralled out of control following a relationship breakdown.
Mr Hammond, a father of two, was left by his fiancee a few years ago and colleagues say the event led him to start abusing drugs, the Herald Sun reported.

Mr Hammond reportedly attended the prestigious Oxford Falls Grammar and Bradfield Senior College in Sydney while growing up in the Blue Mountains and on the northern beaches.
He then moved to Melbourne a few years ago where he lived in a van in a carpark, the Herald Sun reports.
From private school to appearing shoeless in court: How accused killer's image has changed

'There's no sense of joy': Thousands raised for Courtney Herron's funeral

There is something so maddeningly perverse about this.. . How much of her life could have continued, if a bit of safety was purchased?

I am having trouble coming to grips with it , the whole thing.

Our friends worked hard and their daughter walked a kilometre home from school but along the way, unbeknownst to anyone a man would give her alcohol and was abusing her. She became like Courtney, she preferred to be on the streets no matter how they tried. Even my mum stepped in and tried to help but she was uncontrollable. She died in her early twenties.

That *advertiser censored* pedophile destroyed her life.

My adult children, both still single, know my doors at always open when they fall on hard times. Always a warm bed, food, love and a helping hand. We’ve seen a few hard times but they are now career driven.
But for the grace of God go I.
My thoughts and prayers are with all the Courtneys and Henrys tonight. Where do you start?

A man charged with the bashing murder of a woman in an inner-Melbourne park is due to be assessed by a forensic psychiatrist.
Henry Richard Hammond, who is charged with killing 25-year-old Courtney Herron in May, appeared via video link during a brief committal mention in Melbourne Magistrates Court today.
His lawyer, Tim Schocker, requested the matter be adjourned until November 27 to allow time for the psychiatrist's assessment.
Psychiatric probe for man accused of murdering Courtney Herron

Royal Park killer found not guilty of murdering Courtney Herron due to schizophrenia

Henry Hammond found to be not guilty.

A man who used a tree branch to beat a woman to death in a Melbourne park has been found not guilty of murder because of mental impairment.

In May last year, Ms Herron and Hammond were walking through Royal Park in the early hours of the morning when Hammond picked up a branch.

"Are you going to kill me?" Ms Herron asked him.

Hammond, who was homeless at the time, then struck his victim in the face and beat her to death.

"He was so intense he was grunting. It went on for 50 minutes. Just constant bashing," said one witness, whose account was relayed to the court by crown prosecutor Melissa Mahady.

( trigger warning. ).... While it is imperative to keep in mind that the last hours and words that Courtney had can be told anyway the killer decides to tell them, the account sounds not too far from what may have happened. It hurts that she actually shouted HIM dinner, just before he murdered her.

A very lovely picture of Courtney on this page from the news.

11165258-1x1-xlarge.jpg

Ms Herron was walking with Hammond through Royal Park when he attacked her.(Supplied: Herron Family)
Hammond then tied Ms Herron's legs together and dragged her body into a clearing where he covered her with branches, before taking her phone and wallet.

Hours earlier Ms Herron, who met Hammond that day, had treated him to dinner before they smoked ice together.

So where will they put him? Thomas Embling perhaps.
... possibly.... Embling has only 116 beds, I think, and it was full up to pussy's bow back in 2017...

Ravenshall Prison has been going along now for about 2 years, it's out there on the Deer Park By pass, next door to the Dame Phyllis Frost Womens prison, on the outskirts of Sunshine, Western Freeway sort of country. . I would think that would be his potential locale, considering he is in for the long term. ... I still can't get over him murdering her, because he thought she was 'evil', etc, but not so evil that he figured it was ok to rob her, taking her wallet and phone... something doesn't add up there, ay? ...

If I may be forgiven for a bit of a snark. The women's prison is sort of compact, a bit of greenery, not a lot, but guess what? the mens prison, Ravenshall, has the usual cricket ground, footy ground, swimming pool, .... ( snark end ) .

Read this and let it sink in!

Courtney Herron was so savagely bashed by Henry Hammond that the mortician could not put her broken body back together.
Courtney Herron was so savagely bashed by Henry Hammond that the mortician could not put her broken body back together.

On Monday, Hammond was declared not guilty over the horrific murder of Ms Herron.
Hammond had pleaded not guilty by mental impairment earlier this year.

It's a legal defence put up by monsters within Victoria's Supreme Court with some regularity.

Two others accused of the savage murders of women are now going through the court on the very same plea. Legal reasons prevent Daily Mail Australia from detailing the cases.

Bourke Street killer James Gargasoulas, whose horrific rampage left six dead in January 2017, tried it on and failed.

But unlike his, Hammond's plea was not opposed by the Office of Public Prosecutions director Kerry Judd, QC.
Could Courtney's privileged killer walk free again? | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back