AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Breakfast with David & Will...

Detective Superintendent Des Bray says:

"We are certain that the discovery of her body [Karlie] has nothing to do with previous crimes associated with the region. And it's reasonable to think that perhaps this person has put it there to throw us off the track."

https://www.facebook.com/1395FIVEaa...06167794632/10153345020634633/?type=3&theater

David & Will ‏@FIVEaaBreakfast 12m12 minutes ago

Detective Supt. Des Bray in studio with David and Will talking the Wynarka breakthrough.

In other words, it was someone close to Karlie.

By crimes does he mean the break ins?

No, Milats IMO.

Forensic scientists search Wynarka suitcase for DNA to assist in murder investigation

"It was interesting because the bones themselves weren't bleached, so it didn't look like they have been out in the sun for a great period of time. They weren't dirty, so they didn't look like they had been buried. So it was surprising the level of degradation that we saw."

Mr Pearman said the team was refocusing its attention to the items found with the little girl's remains.

"We now move onto a different phase [in] the investigation where we will look at the clothing in the suitcase and the suitcase itself to see if there is some DNA profiles there that might prove useful for the police in their investigation," he said.

"The clothing has been in that suitcase for quite some period of time. We know that it has been spilt out into the open environment," Mr Pearman said.

"The sort of DNA we are looking at typically is called contact DNA so there is not much there to begin with and then being out in the environment just erodes away the amount of DNA we have to work with.

"We may get a result, it is certainly not guaranteed."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714

Chilling, just chilling...the Man with the Suitcase is the right age to be a Milat brother.

I doubt it though. Wandering through town in plain sight is not Milat style.

Some random observations and the inevitable questions they raise.

The two photos of Karlie show two completely different people in two completely different states of mind. Why?

What would make a young mum with a little girl, and a loving grandma who made quilts, pack up and want to travel around the country with a toddler in tow?

A former friend says Karlie was having a hard time since Khandalyce was born. If it is true, why did nobody stop her, or help her? Hard enough being a single mum, let alone taking off from your home and living a day to day, transient existence.

If the mother/grandmother had not died, would it, and if so how, would that have changed anything?

Did the mother/grandmother die of natural causes? We have only been told she had an illness.

Was suitcase man close to the victims at some stage, i.e. it was the suitcase he was dumping, or was that all just a random coincidence? If not random, and he exists, where is he now? Have police spoken to anyone recently that would fit that description?

People who are running are only doing one of two things. They are running toward something, or away from something. Which one was Karlie, and why?

The family reported them missing then withdrew the report.

Because someone assured them they were OK.

That someone is the suspect...or at least, knows the suspect.

Tragic to watch Dtc Bray's voice breaking during that presser. He was crying at one point. It must really get to them.

I am guessing that there are more bad people out there than we will ever know about, there are no doubt other families with family members similar to Milat and I think the person who made contact with Karlie's mother is probably the person responsible. The unconfirmed sighting in Canberra a year later, I am wondering if that was a sighting of both of them or did something happen after they left Coober Pedy, (picked up a hitchhiker?) and baby's body was hidden, continued on to Canberra etc and eventually killed Karlie when she tried to escape.
Chilling, just chilling...the Man with the Suitcase is the right age to be a Milat brother.

I doubt it though. Wandering through town in plain sight is not Milat style.

Bray had said they SA and NSW would only share Publicly what they could - as to not hurt their ongoing investigation.

I bet what they are omitting to tell us is that Karlie was actually travelling with a partner.

When you think about it logically - How would she be able to live a transient lifestyle picking up work whilst having a toddler to take care of ???

Just something of interest .... could someone she was travelling with worked as a Quarrie truck driver ??

I noticed in that section of the Belanglo Forest there is a Quarrie
There is a Quarrie not Far from Marion in SA
There are a few Quarries in Cobber Pedy
Boral ? Quarrie at Murray Bridge

So a young single mum suddenly ups and leaves with her baby for a transient lifestyle.

That suggests a guy with a car coming into her life. IMO a young woman with family like this one is unlikely to do that without a good reason.

Police are looking for motel and caravan park bookings pretty much all through Australia.

She may have gone on the prostitution circuit that runs interstate. If she did she hopefully didn't take her little girl along. Maybe she was forced onto it by the guy.

To suddenly go transient like that? That's just hinky, imo. There has to have been a compelling reason, her family loved and supported them both. There MUST'VE been something promising to be greener, on the road...?

Drug runners?

Not many people know that the marijuana Schapelle Corby was caught with, was sourced down in Adelaide, then they would take it through the middle of Australia, up through Alice Springs and Darwin, to Thailand.

This could be drug trafficking related. Maybe that's what was "greener"...?

Karlie had her own car though

So a young single mum suddenly ups and leaves with her baby for a transient lifestyle.

That suggests a guy with a car coming into her life. IMO a young woman with family like this one is unlikely to do that without a good reason.

Police are looking for motel and caravan park bookings pretty much all through Australia.

She may have gone on the prostitution circuit that runs interstate. If she did she hopefully didn't take her little girl along. Maybe she was forced onto it by the guy.

To suddenly go transient like that? That's just hinky, imo. There has to have been a compelling reason, her family loved and supported them both. There MUST'VE been something promising to be greener, on the road...?

Drug runners?

Not many people know that the marijuana Schapelle Corby was caught with, was sourced down in Adelaide, then they would take it through the middle of Australia, up through Alice Springs and Darwin, to Thailand.

Do any of you mums know that Khandalyce who had received her 18 months vaccination should have gotten her next one? And would her mum have received some sort of bonus for that one?

Before school started, so around 4.5yrs.

Edit: 18 months
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Varicella
4 years
Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis
Polio
Measles (part of the MMR vaccine)
Mumps (part of the MMR vaccine)
Rubella (part of the MMR vaccine)

Do any of you mums know that Khandalyce who had received her 18 months vaccination should have gotten her next one? And would her mum have received some sort of bonus for that one?

My thoughts are that the answer to that is crucial to the investigation and that's why police have said nothing about it.
I would really like to know what car she was driving and where it is today.

I keep wanting to post something, but my mind changes every few minutes. Baffling. I think Khandalyce's body was probably kept on someone's property all this time, then dumped by someone who knows the killer. Maybe the killer is dead or in jail, and someone didn't want to be stuck with the body anymore. I still think the highway was chosen so she would be found there.

Drug runners?

She seemed to flick between a few states and frequently... So I'm with you on the theory there...

I initially thought prostitution which could very well tie into drugs and other criminal enterprises

Some random observations and the inevitable questions they raise.

The two photos of Karlie show two completely different people in two completely different states of mind. Why?

I wonder why Karlie was on this picture in the first place. She looks miserable. So why would anyone want to take a picture of someone who was obviously not feeling that great. Was Karlie leaving/going back home (her last confirmed sighting was on route to Alice Springs). And did a female friend take these pictures of Karlie and her daughter as a keepsake?

4 years I think. 3 needles, depending on state maybe. In WA you don't get daycare rebate without the needles.

South Australia is renowned for sourcing large quantities cannabis. I said this earlier, that it could cannabis run up the NSW coast. The fact police are looking all over Australia. Then Blenglo forest. mmmm

Drug runners?

Homicide Squad commander Detective Superintendent Mick Willing yesterday said the pair was last seen when Karlie’s car was pulled over by police on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy in northern South Australia on November 8, 2008. At the time Karlie was 20, and Khandalyce two.

Title: Detectives link Wynarka girl’s bones in suitcase to ‘Angel’ bones in Belanglo
Author: n/a
October 22, 2015
www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/de...nes-in-belanglo/story-fnii5s3x-1227576865065?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow