AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian Drag Racing champ Brett ‘The Boss’ Stevens from the Jack Daniel’s Racing team, who will be firing up the crowds with a smoking driving display on the burnout pad in his infamous 2,500 horsepower Burnout Ute

That doesn't fit with the photo though- the car referred to as "The Boss's Car" in the photo is not a ute, but a white Ford Fairmont sedan.

Good find re: the article, though.

They may not have been "kept".

They may have been posted to someones facebook then forgotten about.

They may have been in someone's old phone - Australia has the highest rate of smartphone ownership in the world.

I have a drawer full of old phones with God knows what on them.

So does half of Australia.

I don't even understand why it's considered weird to hang on to a photo for seven or eight years. If I was a friend of the family and I'd snapped a couple of shots of K&K, emailed them to her mum, never thought about them again until I recognised a quilt in a news story and got a worried feeling, I could pull those photos up in minutes: the sent email would still exist in my web-based email account, which comes with more storage than I could ever fill so I never bother deleting old stuff. Search my sent items folder for CP's email address, located, done.

The photo would also be in my cloud account, auto-backed up along with all my other photos. I've tagged them over the years so I'd be able to pull it up near instantly using their names but let's pretend I didn't do that; as long as I remembered roughly that it was late 2008, it wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to find as I scrolled through thumbnails of all the pics I took around then. I don't even need to have had the cloud account since 2008, I only need to have had it since I still used the computer I'd originally put the photo on.

Maybe I am super organised and burn all my photos to disk once or twice a year - I remember we saw her around 2008 or 2009, so I have two or three or four dated disks to look through to find the pictures. Takes me half an hour, tops.

Maybe I've kept my photos on an external drive so that even when I change computers, they still come with me.

It's not necessarily complicated at all. People are often careful with their photos. It doesn't require the photo to be special or even consciously retained if it got dumped into a library of pics that were regularly backed up. It just requires the owner to remember that it's there and know how to retrieve it. It seems like it took about two months between the image of the quilt being released and the photos to emerge; tons of time to go through old photos looking for one particular image to confirm a horrible gut feeling.

Heh im not even that organized - imagine my surprise when Onedrive turns out to have a bunch of pics I hadn't seen in years already on it!

Also we know they can resurrect pretty much anything from computers, so why not smart phones.

Even if the phone person had've deleted their pics, they might've been retrievable.

Heh im not even that organized - imagine my surprise when Onedrive turns out to have a bunch of pics I hadn't seen in years already on it!

Also we know they can resurrect pretty much anything from computers, so why not smart phones.

Even if the phone person had've deleted their pics, they might've been retrievable.

In 2008, smartphones were still really new and rare but the precursors had cameras built in. By my recollection it was pretty common to carry a digital camera in your handbag. They were slim, lightweight, and took excellent quality photos. Phones of the day tended to have no flash and take low megapixel shots, so a separate digital camera with swappable storage card still made sense.

My partner calls his Ford Fairmont the mafia staff car, that doesn't mean he's in the mafia.

Calling a car 'the bosses car' at a car show is a joke.

I will happily put myself in the sin bin if 'the bosses car' turns out to be any kind of boss for any of the characters involved in this mess, but I don't think I'll have to and I think people are reading WAY too much into Hazel's little Facebook joke.

:banghead:

Karlie could well have been dealing to whoever took the pics.

It would explain why she looked tense - perhaps Holdem was lurking.

My partner calls his Ford Fairmont the mafia staff car, that doesn't mean he's in the mafia.

I will happily put myself in the sin bin if 'the bosses car' turns out to be any kind of boss for any of the characters involved in this mess, but I don't think I'll have to and I think people are reading WAY too much into Hazel's little Facebook joke.

I totally agree Mrs G ... I'm also thinking because it's been so quiet media wise, people are getting impatient and want something to talk about ...

At least we should get some info after the court appearance tomorrow.

good point.
Hi all, an age since I've posted but have been following these threads daily so I'm up to speed with what's been spoken about.

I know it's been gone over in fine detail and everyone has their own opinion about the last picture of Karlie in the shopping centre but I just wanted to throw mine into the mix. MOO but what if Karlie didn't actually know she was having her picture taken at the time? As others have pointed out, and I agree with, it looks like she's looking up above any camera/phone so maybe she didn't know it was taken until after? Or not at all? Just a thought

I'm not specifically reading anything into it. I think it is possibly what was being referred to when this topic was being discussed re. the photo of Khandalyce at the car show. I think it's probable that it was a show car belonging to 'the boss' who is clearly quite well known and popular within the car fraternities therefore worth a photo and mention on HP's facebook. I wasn't suggesting that the player's in this case have a personal relationship with him.

Although in saying that, any other info that came up with a search I found interesting, however I don't really think it's linked.

If you scoured the internet you could find thousands of possible links re. drug trafficking, clearly it's rife but that doesn't mean there will be a connection (Although never say never.....)

Regardless it was worth posting what I found.

The latest I've read is

"we're not interested in suitcase guy but WE WANT TO KNOW WHO HE IS"

paraphrased

but if you know cop talk. that translates to

He is a Suspect and he needs to turn himself in before we find him the Hard Way.

This guy is outstanding. He IS involved.

A well dressed guy with a suitcase in the main street of Wynarka would be equivalent to a float of strippers with a brass band accompaniment anywhere else.

Tiny Aussie towns like Wynarka roll along at a snails pace.

A strange face in town is fodder for gossip for WEEKS not days.

This guy was seen, with suitcase, and he didn't hitchhike to Wynarka, he drove.

So where is he now eh? South Australia is huge physically but barely settled. There simply aren't that many places for a well dressed guy to hide, even if he went bush he still would have to come to town for supplies.

If you study Australian Crime you will be aware just how often public help solves crimes. Milat was caught from public tips. People phone this stuff in all the time down here, especially when a child is involved.

Nope, suitcase guy is the one.

One thing occurs to me - maybe he was fatally ill at the time.

Maybe he removed the suitcase from his home so grieving relatives wouldn't find it after his death.

BBM.

Sapphire, do you have a link to MSM for the quote above please?

That doesn't fit with the photo though- the car referred to as "The Boss's Car" in the photo is not a ute, but a white Ford Fairmont sedan.

Good find re: the article, though.

I agree, MadDoc, two different cars. Also, the photos of Khandalyce in front of the Fairmont were taken in the NT (Blatherskite Park as identified by an earlier poster below) not Murray Bridge SA. Nevertheless, it's a useful link for further research regarding car shows around the latter part of 2008.

DinkyDi is correct, it is Alice Springs.

The photo's were in an album called Show and Shine AS, and as per the advertisement for Shannons Motoring Extravaganza: "Enter your car or motorcycle in the free Show N Shine:

attachment.php

I totally agree Mrs G ... I'm also thinking because it's been so quiet media wise, people are getting impatient and want something to talk about ...

At least we should get some info after the court appearance tomorrow.

Although sometimes the most seemingly inconsequential information can lead somewhere, like the badge on a suitcase, for example.

I agree, MadDoc, and the photos of Khandalyce were taken in the NT (Blatherskite Park as identified by an earlier poster) not Murray Bridge SA. Nevertheless, it's a useful link for further research regarding car shows around the latter part of 2008.

Ahhhh......... I was just highlighting a possibility and a reference to who the boss comment maybe about. I was merely showing a reference to 'the boss' and that there is someone known by that name in car racing circles......The location has nothing to do with it, only in general terms.

:gaah::pillowfight: :peace:

Ahhhh......... I was just highlighting a possibility and a reference to who the boss comment maybe about. I was merely showing a reference to 'the boss' and that there is someone known by that name in car racing circles......The location has nothing to do with it, only in general terms.

:gaah::pillowfight: :peace:

Don't worry inky. Not having a go at you. It's a great link and as I said very worthwhile for further research.

Oh I think there was a reason HP made a joke about the "The Boss". What if "The Boss" reference comes up in court?

Like I said before, 'The Boss' reference someone said the number plates are, refer to the Boss 302 engine made for the Ford CEO fitted into the Mustang. I think that was an XY Fairlane.

I dont know why your talking it down when Det Bray said, Karlie was part of the 'Drag Racing community'

Oh I think there was a reason HP made a joke about the "The Boss". What if "The Boss" reference comes up in court?

Like I said before, the Boss reference some said the number plates are, refer to the Boss 302 engine made for the Ford CEO fitted into the Mustang.

I dont know why your talking it down when Det Bray said, Karlie was part of the 'Drag Racing community'

I think the car show connection is well worth researching as it is the first location we can place HP and Khandalyce (and, presumably, DJH and Karlie).

I think you're on the mark ... though I can't help but have a chuckle about the wheelie bins.... travel to Wynarka to find a wheelie bin... :D..... hey, you may be on the mark there too.....I just find it amusing...in a lighthearted way :)

Ahhh South Australia, we do love our wheelie bins.

It is literally the only reason I can think of that he was wandering through town with the suitcase.

It's been done before, plenty of times. I think it was Levi Bellfield who just calmly placed his victims in local bins right in public view, even cctv caught it.

He may have assumed he'd have a choice of bin but found they were all either already emptied, taken in, or locked.

I think he was probably infirm somehow. That's the other thing that explains the randomness. If he intended to take the case further out but just run out of steam and left it at the first place he could find.

Came back the next day, moved it further in.

Scroll through these pics and you will see the yellow panel van.
cant find the XY fairmont yet. Same shed and same outdoor space.

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8072

You know there could be others who were silenced around the time who were a liability especially with court cases etc.

Like I said before, 'The Boss' reference someone said the number plates are, refer to the Boss 302 engine made for the Ford CEO fitted into the Mustang. I think that was an XY Fairlane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa