AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for paraphrasing, soso. I thought this might be the case.

From the comments, it seems someone may not be as demure as they appear on camera. I suspected as much.

Something has been bothering me about HP's behaviour. When she was spotted in the park with her lawyers, she took off in her chair at lightning speed, yet the very next day (after her beer run!) when she went to the police station, she had someone wheel her as she almost assumed the embodiment of The Madonna; pose complete with a child in her arms. I never understood why she would bring her child into that situation, let alone make them wait there while she was questioned. Surely, she would find someone to babysit them, even it meant pushing her own wheelchair, if necessary, or organising with police to park in their parking area; if she was concerned about reporters after being spotted by them the day before and having them camped outside her house.

Once inside the police station, she was reported as laughing and joking with investigators. Then the drama on her way home with the wheelchair-pusher and child(!) having to run the press gauntlet again while she was chauffeured by a car full of detectives. The final smile through the window of their car was the end for me. I'm trying not to be unkind here, but considering the nature of the crimes she is allegedly on the periphery of, it all made me feel a little ill.

It also makes me wonder if she is manipulating, or egging on if you will (sorry for the pun :) ), the wheelchair-pusher and designated egg-thrower? Again, not to be unkind, but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

If I was innocently involved in a case like this I would be in constantly in shock, I think, not behaving in an almost orchestrated manner. What do you (and other WSers) think of my observations over the past few weeks and my conclusions?

She's already shown her acting skills in Centrelink and the bank...and what ham doesn't love an audience?

She's already shown her acting skills in Centrelink and the bank...and what ham doesn't love an audience?

Her day of reckoning is on the horizon. If she is at the centre of all of this she's been in rehearsal for such moments for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's increasingly common because Skype is a bunch cheaper than guards armored vans and the risk he will enjoy the cameras and crowds.

I've been in court when they've done it, its usual with someone who is already in custody for another crime and is just answering a charge or a mention.

Actual Trial though, they drag em in. Major crime at least.

I'm fairly sure they would use something somewhat more secure than Skype! (I would hope so, anyway).

"The Audio Visual Link facility (AVL) is a form of video conferencing using cameras and television screens, that allows two-way communication to a remote location." (BBM).

http://www.localcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/facilities_support/technology.aspx

"Many New South Wales courtrooms have videoconferencing facilities, which are linked into a network that operates across justice agencies in New South Wales. These are often referred to as Audio Visual Links (AVL)." (BBM).

http://www.districtcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/facilities_support/technology.aspx

Approximate amount roughly worked out by me, of benefits stolen from Centrelink, the remainder of the money comes from elsewhere. I gather from the "wages" .paid thru the account.

Single parent, 1 child under the age of 6, no rent assistance.

From the comments, it seems someone may not be as demure as they appear on camera. I suspected as much.

Something has been bothering me about HP's behaviour. When she was spotted in the park with her lawyers, she took off in her chair at lightning speed, yet the very next day (after her beer run!) when she went to the police station, she had someone wheel her as she almost assumed the embodiment of The Madonna; pose complete with a child in her arms. I never understood why she would bring her child into that situation, let alone make them wait there while she was questioned. Surely, she would find someone to babysit them, even it meant pushing her own wheelchair, if necessary, or organising with police to park in their parking area; if she was concerned about reporters after being spotted by them the day before and having them camped outside her house.

Once inside the police station, she was reported as laughing and joking with investigators. Then the drama on her way home with the wheelchair-pusher and child(!) having to run the press gauntlet again while she was chauffeured by a car full of detectives. The final smile through the window of their car was the end for me. I'm trying not to be unkind here, but considering the nature of the crimes she is allegedly on the periphery of, it all made me feel a little ill.

It also makes me wonder if she is manipulating, or egging on if you will (sorry for the pun :) ), the wheelchair-pusher and designated egg-thrower? Again, not to be unkind, but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

If I was innocently involved in a case like this I would be in constantly in shock, I think, not behaving in an almost orchestrated manner. What do you (and other WSers) think of my observations over the past few weeks and my conclusions?

Hmmmm....
I agree about her capability to wheel herself at speed however its possible she had her partner/carer along when visiting the police station to help dodge the journalist pack. From a sitting position she easily could have been hemmed in...not that I'm suggesting she would feel intimidated!
Yes I agree its very possible she could be manipulating the partner/carer, getting him revved up as her protector and showing his indignation while she maintains a calm coping motherly demeanour. Almost queenly!
It stinks to have kids exposed to that arena but its no worse than situations I see kids in everyday that are completely inappropriate and purely for the convenience of the adults responsible for them. What used to be parking kids outside pubs with a packet of chips and a raspberry lemonade waiting for parents in the car..... nowadays is things like being dragged along through traffic behind their parent in a fragile bike trailer, or babies held in contraptions (carseats, highchairs, bouncers, rockers etc) for hours at a time and never getting chance to stretch and bend their bodies and explore their environment.
Back on topic.... I think generational differences are at play in this instance too.

Overall I think shes feeling cocky...safe and in control because she has knowledge that's valued by LE. I'm guessing she's been reassured that if she plays the game all will go well for her...and she believes it.

MOD ALERT: Please stop posting links to cases that have absolutely nothing to do with this case. All this does is create confusion for other posters and it also derails the thread.

Please stay on topic.

Umm, I think that was me....... Sorry Makara.:hiding:

I'm fairly sure they would use something somewhat more secure than Skype! (I would hope so, anyway).

"The Audio Visual Link facility (AVL) is a form of video conferencing using cameras and television screens, that allows two-way communication to a remote location." (BBM).

http://www.localcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/facilities_support/technology.aspx

"Many New South Wales courtrooms have videoconferencing facilities, which are linked into a network that operates across justice agencies in New South Wales. These are often referred to as Audio Visual Links (AVL)." (BBM).

http://www.districtcourt.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/facilities_support/technology.aspx

Maybe in NSW, but the Holden Hill Magistrates Court uses Skype.

For minor matters anyhow...or just a mention.

I sat there and watched them use it. Instead of crims getting a day out of jail, they just get to sit and Skype the courts.

It may well be different for major crime here, I don't know. And this was over a year ago so.

Either way the principle remains the same - the prisoner no longer gets necessarily carted to court for a Mention.

Personally I'm going to reserve judgement for a little while yet. Karlie most likely didn't live her life in a Bubble, where the only people she interacted with were HP and DH.

We don't know if HP,DH and Karlie all moved in a bigger circle of less desirable company... but if what has been alluded to in the recent MSM articles of possible drug running, coupled with the fact that Police don't believe Karlie was drawing on her Welfare payments in the past - Money was coming from someone....and I doubt it was from Hazel or Daniel.

As for attempting to analyse HP behaviour and that of her current partner ....it's all a bit subjective.

People don't always act or react to situations that are stressful or their unfamiliar with the way many may expect.

But you could be on the mark....not saying you aren't.

HP almost had to be involved at some level.

Wheelchairs aren't the sort of things you find just lying about in Adelaide.

Theyre worth hundreds of dollars and someone got one from somewhere...usually, the Rehab Centre. Hospitals don't let you take them home.

Also, SAPOL have TOLD us 2 men and 2 women are involved

They have HP as a "key suspect"

which means, afaik, sleuthworthy. She's probably clearly on someone's cctv, we just don't know about it.

Also, she's getting herself out there. I expect an appearance on A Current Affair any tick of the clock.

I used to work in a bank, 40 years ago. I still remember my most unusual customers. I suggest a lady in a wheelchair rolling into Bank SA is going to be noticed a bit more than a lady just strolling in, by the tellers.

There will be a level of extra concern therefore extra notice taken. She may have needed furniture moved or to go to a desk clerk instead of a teller.

People will be able to ID her, I'm sure. She is distinctive IMO and Adelaide's just not that big of a town, especially up North.

I've been thinking about the Lanza suitcase

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suitcase-involved-in-khandalyce-pearce-murder

If that suitcase was bought by Karlie, it could be possible that she handed over Khandalyce to somebody else to take care of her. For a while? Cause she couldn't take Khandalyce to Canberra (for whatever reason). Cause she had to work (maybe Hazel and Karlie used to watch each others kids?) and she had nobody to babysit Khandalyce.
because somone forced her to leave Khandalyce with another person?

It would make sense as to why she would have to buy a suitcase while already being on her way to Canberra. If she was going to arrive with Khandalyce in Canberra, there would have been no need to buy a suitcase in the middle of a trip. But there might have been a reason to do so if Khandalyce and Karlie were going seperate ways.

Furthermore I get the feeling (cause of the pictures taken in the Marion shopping centre by a third person), that Karlie might have been used to meet people in shopping centre's. Which seem logical if you don't have a permanent address. Like meet me on the 8th of November 1 pm at Marion shopping centre at McDonalds (just as an example).

Does anyone have a link that explicitly states a confirmed sighting of karlie and Khandalyce in Canberra? Are there only unconfirmed sightings?
Could it have been Karlie with another little child? Did she stay at a place where another 2 year old lived? And could she have been sighted with another child?

The thing that bugs me, is that if she was with Khandalyce till she was murdered. Why would anyone take the risk to transport Khandalyce (dead or alive) all the way to Whynarka? Adelaide?

And where was DH during all this? And where was HP's youngest child during all this?
Does anyone know?

I've been thinking about the Lanza suitcase

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...suitcase-involved-in-khandalyce-pearce-murder

If that suitcase was bought by Karlie, it could be possible that she handed over Khandalyce to somebody else to take care of her. For a while? Cause she couldn't take Khandalyce to Canberra (for whatever reason). Cause she had to work (maybe Hazel and Karlie used to watch each others kids?) and she had nobody to babysit Khandalyce.
because somone forced her to leave Khandalyce with another person?

It would make sense as to why she would have to buy a suitcase while already being on her way to Canberra. If she was going to arrive with Khandalyce in Canberra, there would have been no need to buy a suitcase in the middle of a trip. But there might have been a reason to do so if Khandalyce and Karlie were going seperate ways.

Furthermore I get the feeling (cause of the pictures taken in the Marion shopping centre by a third person), that Karlie might have been used to meet people in shopping centre's. Which seem logical if you don't have a permanent address. Like meet me on the 8th of November 1 pm at Marion shopping centre at McDonalds (just as an example).

Does anyone have a link that explicitly states a confirmed sighting of karlie and Khandalyce in Canberra? Are there only unconfirmed sightings?
Could it have been Karlie with another little child? Did she stay at a place where another 2 year old lived? And could she have been sighted with another child?

The thing that bugs me, is that if she was with Khandalyce till she was murdered. Why would anyone take the risk to transport Khandalyce (dead or alive) all the way to Whynarka? Adelaide?

And where was DH during all this? And where was HP's youngest child during all this?
Does anyone know?

There is a statement on SAPOL that says the last known sighting of Karlie was at Charnwood.

I don't think Khandalyce was with her at the time. At least, SAPOL didn't say she was.

Karlie was back and forth to Alice for most of 2006-08.

By "back and forth" I guess they mean, travelling about, including staying with HP and DH who lived together at the time in Hillbank.

Then, DH and HP had the accident, HP went into rehab, so presumably Karlie and DH were alone together and began their affair.

Then she vanished, HP gets out of rehab, gets back with DH and starts impersonating Karlie and collecting her Centrelink.

Nice little earner.

Maybe in NSW, but the Holden Hill Magistrates Court uses Skype.

For minor matters anyhow...or just a mention.

I sat there and watched them use it. Instead of crims getting a day out of jail, they just get to sit and Skype the courts.

It may well be different for major crime here, I don't know. And this was over a year ago so.

Either way the principle remains the same - the prisoner no longer gets necessarily carted to court for a Mention.

Thanks for the info. I still find that quite disturbing. I was aware that legal professionals used Skype, but I thought the accused would have used an inhouse system. You live and learn.

And yes, I agree, the principle remains the same. I was just astounded that a mention would be open to security breaches using Skype, instead of a more professional secure platform.

I used to work in a bank, 40 years ago. I still remember my most unusual customers. I suggest a lady in a wheelchair rolling into Bank SA is going to be noticed a bit more than a lady just strolling in, by the tellers.

People will be able to ID her, I'm sure. She is distinctive IMO and Adelaide's just not that big of a town, especially up North.

Memorable 4, 5, 6, 7 years later?

Im remaining open minded on HP for now. She most likely is involved but I also think it possible that she was in Rehab when Karlie and Khandalyce were killed. Upon being discharged DH simply told her they packed up and left and he then stashed their belongings at his sisters place to get rid of any evidence. Once DH and HP separated DH may have arranged for his sister to impersonate someone in a wheelchair to again cover his tracks and implicate HP if they separated on bad terms....... Just another perspective on it.

Memorable 4, 5, 6, 7 years later?

Fortunately for detectives, she went to her local bank.

And her local Centrelink.

Both of which will have state of the art security systems, all recorded forever more on CD and stashed somewhere, or retrievable from hard drives.

I remember customers from 40 years ago especially if they made a stink or caused a ruction.

Its quite possible.

Fortunately for detectives, she went to her local bank.

And her local Centrelink.

Both of which will have state of the art security systems, all recorded forever more on CD and stashed somewhere, or retrievable from hard drives.

I remember customers from 40 years ago especially if they made a stink or caused a ruction.

Its quite possible.

What do you mean "she went to her local bank and local Centrelink?" How do you know they were her local branches? I thought she was from Northern Territory and was "transient" since leaving Northern Territory.

There is a statement on SAPOL that says the last known sighting of Karlie was at Charnwood.

I don't think Khandalyce was with her at the time. At least, SAPOL didn't say she was.

Karlie was back and forth to Alice for most of 2006-08.

By "back and forth" I guess they mean, travelling about, including staying with HP and DH who lived together at the time in Hillbank.

Then, DH and HP had the accident, HP went into rehab, so presumably Karlie and DH were alone together and began their affair.

Then she vanished, HP gets out of rehab, gets back with DH and starts impersonating Karlie and collecting her Centrelink.

Nice little earner.

As I understand it, HP and DH lived in Alice Springs from around Mar/Apr 2008.
They did not move to Adelaide until after the accident in September 2008.

IMO because HP would have had to be back and forth to Adelaide for rehab and medical appointments, possibly counselling sessions, and to get access to wheelchair friendly accomodation from Department of Housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419