AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 1m1 minute ago

Police door knocking in #Wynarka some local have reported seeing the suitcase over the last month or so.

Jessica Adamson ‏@JessAdamson7 11m11 minutes ago

Links to missing NSW boy William Tyrell one of "many" lines of inquiry in Major Crime bone discovery @7NewsAdelaide.

So the suitcase was in plain sight for a month? Was it placed there to be found? Or hidden and then moved by animals?

Thank goodness someone finally stopped.

Thanks, Dropbear. That's very interesting information.

UPDATE: Police say they now believe bones discovered near a country highway are those of a child aged between two and seven-years-old.

Speaking at the scene this morning Detective Superintendent Des Bray said the bones appeared to have been dumped on the roadside inside of a suitcase, however, the remains appear to have been removed during or before their discovery.

He said other items were found in the suitcase but would not reveal what they were.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/28813380/remains-of-murdered-child-found-near-south-australian-highway/

OK, the remains had been inside the suitcase. That's not surprising.

The second part is weird. Someone opened the suitcase and emptied it when it was discovered? But I thought the bones were already outside of the suitcase when it was discovered?

He said the remains of the child, who had died elsewhere, were brought to the area in a dark grey suitcase also containing clothes and dumped about 6ft off the highway between four to six weeks ago.
“It was right in the open and easily available to be seen,” Det-Supt Bray said.

“From investigations we’ve made and from information received from people who have stopped and been able to assist, we now know that suitcase was placed there within the last four to six weeks.
“That coincides with when the road was resurfaced when work was done about a month ago. “There are varying reports of when the suitcase was there but we are satisfied with the time of four to six weeks.”

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Hi all, very long time reader (originally came for the William T thread) but my first post on a thread. I live in Adelaide, and have travelled the Karoonda Highway many times on the way to and from north-western Victoria to visit family. It's very much the alternative for all my family members to drive, being a lot quieter than the main Sturt Highway route.

The actual road surface and verge has recently been upgraded and even (I think) widened. Maybe that is how the time-frame of 4-6 weeks was determined?? I thought at first maybe the roadworks might have disturbed the suitcase and contents, but then surely someone on the road crew would have noticed.

My other quick thought was maybe the poor guys who found the remains stopped for a loo break and then noticed the case. Not unusual along that road and the bush is a bit thicker there.

spot on Dropbear :clap:

“That coincides with when the road was resurfaced when work was done about a month ago

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Police don't rule out that it could be William. It must've been a sleepless night for Jubelin, and the family.

The part that stood out to me was that police believe the child was dead for 'some time' before being dumped there in the suitcase.

A passing motorist made the discovery on Tuesday after being “drawn to something on the side of the road” but did not report it to police until Wednesday morning.

They looked inside the suitcase and found the remains among the clothes.

“It’s hard to say what happened and why but somebody has found the suitcase, opened it to have a look what’s in there and tipped out the contents and discovered the human remains,” Det-Supt Bray said.

And they waited to report it?! :facepalm:

Police are appealing for public help as they scour the nation to try to learn the identity of the child, believed murdered, and dumped on the side of the road near Karoonda. They say someone, somewhere, must know of a child who's disappeared.

Here's what police know:
- The child was aged approximately 2 to 7 years old,
- The body had been put in a large dark grey, slightly faded, suitcase, dumped 4 to 6 weeks ago,
- The child died some time prior to that,
- The description does not match any missing persons reports in South Australia.

https://www.facebook.com/tenadelaid...3842463347174/928153280582752/?type=1&theater

A passing motorist made the discovery on Tuesday after being “drawn to something on the side of the road” but did not report it to police until Wednesday morning.
It’s hard to say what happened and why but somebody has found the suitcase, opened it to have a look what’s in there and tipped out the contents and discovered the human remains,” Det-Supt Bray said.

The passing motorist that was drawn to something on the side of the road presumably the suitcase.
Has opened it and tipped out the contents and discovered the human bones on Tuesday but did not report it until Wednesday. Odd !!
imo

“It’s hard to say what happened and why but somebody has found the suitcase, opened it to have a look what’s in there and tipped out the contents and discovered the human remains,” Det-Supt Bray said.

And they waited to report it?! WT%$#@:facepalm:

Ditto krig - we were clearly thinking and typing the same thoughts.

It’s hard to say what happened and why but somebody has found the suitcase, opened it to have a look what’s in there and tipped out the contents and discovered the human remains,” Det-Supt Bray said.

The passing motorist that was drawn to something on the side of the road presumably the suitcase.
Has opened it and tipped out the contents and discovered the human bones on Tuesday but did not report it until Wednesday. Odd !!
imo

Exactly!! Finding bones in a suitcase does not mean move on and go about your business. It means Call The Police!!! This infuriates me.

imo

What if the person saw the case on Tuesday, went back to check it out on Wednesday, tipped it out, then called police.

jmo

Yeah, that's possible. The media often get things not-quite-right at first in the desire to get the story out, and I don't want to criticise someone innocent if it's just bad reporting. It's probably that they saw it Tuesday, felt a bit hinky about it and went back to fully examine it Wednesday. Otherwise their actions are a bit weird.

Or, it was late Tuesday that they saw it and they thought they'd wait until the morning to report it.

What if the person saw the case on Tuesday, went back to check it out on Wednesday, tipped it out, then called police.

jmo

Yes that is very possible.
But Det Bray's comment - its hard to say what happened and why.
Just made me think it may not have been that straight forward.

jmo

Now that would make sense and let's hope that is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53