AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far out. No Dutch Treat. They are common as markers and you see them all the time. People make them quite often. That is the point I am making very clearly. :facepalm:

Sorry I understand what you are saying and that they are common and do not have to mean anything. But what i'm trying to say is that whoever left the remains could have made use of these piles being common. By using present heapes as marker for 'himself'.
By making them for whatever reason etc.

Sorry I understand what you are saying and that they are common and do not have to mean anything. But what i'm trying to say is that whoever left the remains could have made use of these piles being common. By using present heapes as marker for 'himself'.
By making them for whatever reason etc.

Of course, that is quite plausible. Not directly related (ie: not purpose built by suitcase-individual), perhaps coincidentally related (eg: the reason he chose the spot nearby). Conjecture: what if "he" left the remains there because it was easily identified by him-- especially important if he wasn't familiar with the area, as regional/ outback roads can start to all look the same-- because he either wanted to go back to "visit" or check that it wasn't disturbed... or he wanted to check if it had been found and maybe move it to increase the chance that it would (assuming he wanted it found)?

I understand what you are saying, and it does make sense :)

I don't understand what's the relevance in the fires.
The quilt was burned but nothing else was.
MOO: someone deliberately left the suitcase there with a lot of clues so the child is identified. That person could have made all that disappear easily and didn't. I can't see any other objective to it's actions other than give closure to the family of a missing child. Again JMHO

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

Of course, that is quite plausible. Not directly related (ie: not purpose built by suitcase-individual), perhaps coincidentally related (eg: the reason he chose the spot nearby). Conjecture: what if "he" left the remains there because it was easily identified by him-- especially important if he wasn't familiar with the area, as regional/ outback roads can start to all look the same-- because he either wanted to go back to "visit" or check that it wasn't disturbed... or he wanted to check if it had been found and maybe move it to increase the chance that it would (assuming he wanted it found)?

I understand what you are saying, and it does make sense :)

Like first dumping the suitcase and come back when it's dark or without suitcase or car so you're not suspicious, to do a better job at hiding the remains. And a marker where to return to, would come in handy.
I was also thinking about the man with the suitcase. Police would have no legit reason to ask a pedestrian to allow them to check his suitcase. But if that is in your car and you're pulled over, you're busted.

Hi everyone, why do people think the quilt was burnt? I'd think, being filled with polyester fibre, that it'd be melted and shrunken/mishapen if it had been anywhere near a fire.

:modstop:

ENOUGH!

There is to be no further discussion or links posted about the house fire, the people who own the house, what they said and did. They have not been mentioned in MSM or by the police as having any connection to this case and therefore are off limits.

You're absolutely right Makara.

Next hypothesis. Does the road reconstruction have anything to do with this case?
Does anyone know what the condition of the road was at the site of the remains at the time the 'man with the suitcase' was seen. And around the time the remains must have been placed at the site.

Was the old asphalt stil there? Was the old layer removed and was there sand/digging?
Was the road already finished?

Anyone?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...fy-who-emptied-suitcase-child-remains/6643172

Police said the suitcase was first noticed by a member of the public shortly after road works were completed in March.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-poli...y#.VbrKtLVLOY4

Police are still appealing to a man seen in the area about six to eight weeks ago with a dark suitcase to come forward. They have confirmed sightings of him with a suitcase near Karoonda on both 13 April and May 26.

It doesn't really add up does it?

I have found a website that sells an "eye spy quilt kit", some of the fabrics look like they could be from the same fabric collection, as they have all of the same colors, but not the same patterns. They could have sold the quilt kit for the quilt that was found years ago, hopefully it will be of some help, Here is the link:
http://www.carolsofmidland.com.au/shop/product.asp?prod=107

Hello, Dutch Treat

[Re: Sightings of suitcase man / timeline]

I agree, it's strange.

On that information, there are two possibilities:

1. 'Suitcase man' was the person who originally planted the suitcase, in March, or some time before March (without being seen). He then returned to the suitcase, as witnessed, in April and May, carrying it around for a bit then setting it down again each time.

(What at reason could a person have for doing those things? Why would the person who planted the suitcase, knowing, presumably, what was in it, need to come and look at it again on two further occasions? He wasn't returning to move it to another location, as it was on the same part of the highway all the time, as witnessed by the many other people who stopped to look inside it.)

or,

2. The suitcase was placed there by someone other than suitcase man, but suitcase man took enough of a shine to it to pick it up and walk around carrying it - we can't say if he opened it or not because there was no witness to this - on at least two further occasions.

(If he wasn't the person who planted it, what was so important about it that drew him to journey back to it? It's not as if he was a local who happened to be passing by on his daily walk. He made the trip specially, possibly from far afield.)

It's all a bit contradictory!

ETA: Can we be sure that the two sightings of suitcase man are indeed of the same person? The description of the man is pretty general. It would make much more sense if it were two men who were just random members of the public, curious about the suitcase's contents.

I still think that the police should bring in cadaver dogs and look for possibly more remains, like the mother of the child. Those stone piles keep bugging me. If you do not want the child to be found, you do NOT leave it next to stone piles that people might stop for to check out and discover what you are hiding.

The whole thing about people checking the suitcase contents, not noticing remains or suspicious kids clothes and when the remains are found, they look like they were hidden in bushes. And the one that finds kid's clothes and skeletal remains, doesn't contact the police till the next day.....

Yes, the mother is so conspicuous in her absence, isn't she? Either she and / or a partner have had a hand in this child's death, or she herself is dead.

ps. I forgot to include your quote containing the links re witnesses to suitcase man in the last post I made. Still getting the hang of things!

I have found a website that sells an "eye spy quilt kit", some of the fabrics look like they could be from the same fabric collection, as they have all of the same colors, but not the same patterns. They could have sold the quilt kit for the quilt that was found years ago, hopefully it will be of some help, Here is the link:
http://www.carolsofmidland.com.au/shop/product.asp?prod=107

I'm clueless regarding quilts. But was the quilt handmade by someone?

Road works in the area started in February and concluded in mid march, the police are satisfied the suitcase wasn't there then after to speaking with then men who were on the road crew.

A man has come forward and said he found the suitcase when he had stopped for a toilet break and seen the suitcase off the ground in the bushes, He took the suitcase and moved it closer to the road and left it on some building rubble in case it had fallen off the back of someone's car or truck.

Other locals have also reported they have seen the suitcase about 2 approximately months ago - this was reported on the 15th july 2015

A few people have also come forward to the police and said they have had a poke around in the suitcase without realizing the significance of what was in the case.

About the suitcase man...

6 to 8 weeks ago Local woman were out on there morning walk at 7.30am to 8.30am seen a man carry the suitcase as opposed to wheeling the suitcase and thought it was strange because he didn't engage with him, most of the locals talk to each other and even people they don't know. When they turned the corner they couldn't see him no more so they don't know if he was collected by someone, the man had passed them and gone over the railways tracks towards the highway this was reported on - 15 july 2015

suitcaseman.jpg

highway.jpg

detective.jpg

area.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/user/SAPoliceNews/videos

Yes, the mother is so conspicuous in her absence, isn't she? Either she and / or a partner have had a hand in this child's death, or she herself is dead.

ps. I forgot to include your quote containing the links re witnesses to suitcase man in the last post I made. Still getting the hang of things!

I can't imagine a mother would dispose of her own child like that. I wonder if there was any toy or stuffed animal in the suitcase as well. It lookes to me like the child died violently, and someone put the child and it's belongings in a suitcase and stashed it some place.

It must have smelled. It must have been ugly. Didn't anyone notice a child was missing? Or an awful smell? No mother would have been able to see that happen? Wouldn't a mother at least want to bury that child at a nice place?

To me this feels like it's mother either was in great danger too. Or also died.

And apparently where ever the child's body has been, obviously there must have been some reason why it was moved. But what?

yes it was handmade, but it was was partly sewn together by a machine and not all hand stitched like some quilts.

The quilt is a I spy a hexie pattern. Can also been known as a snowball pattern. I spy quilts were really big in the 90's and made a come back. Kits for these are pretty common.

yes it was handmade, but it was was partly sewn together by a machine and not all hand stitched like some quilts.

The quilt is a I spy a hexie pattern. Can also been known as a snowball pattern. I spy quilts were really big in the 90's and made a come back. Kits for these are pretty common.

But surely the person that made that quilt must remember it?
Could it be that someone started sewing by hand, like a mother, and I daughter finished it by machine?

Or the other way round. Someone started sewing it by machine and finished it by hand? maybe leaving their house behing and leading a travelling lifestyle?

Can they tell by the sewing how and in what order the quilt was made?

But surely the person that made that quilt must remember it?
Could it be that someone started sewing by hand, like a mother, and I daughter finished it by machine?

could have done but the quilt looks like its all been done by machine, from the research i have done...the quilt could of come from anywhere. All over australia there is quilting challenges and workshops. Alot of quilts being donated to woman's refuges, hospitals for babies, even for the floods in qld. A 90cm x90cm is also a common size for a lap quilt for someone in a wheel chair.

I really hope someone sees the quilt, remembers it and it can give the police some leads.

I can't imagine a mother would dispose of her own child like that. I wonder if there was any toy or stuffed animal in the suitcase as well. It lookes to me like the child died violently, and someone put the child and it's belongings in a suitcase and stashed it some place.

It must have smelled. It must have been ugly. Didn't anyone notice a child was missing? Or an awful smell? No mother would have been able to see that happen? Wouldn't a mother at least want to bury that child at a nice place?

To me this feels like it's mother either was in great danger too. Or also died.

And apparently where ever the child's body has been, obviously there must have been some reason why it was moved. But what?

But unfortunately so many children are harmed by their parents. It's hard for an emotionally healthy person to comprehend, but it's a reality. Isn't it true that statistically, when most children are harmed or killed, it has been a parent, step-parent, or other family member?

Regarding the smell, possibly the bones, together with the child's belongings, were buried in the ground somewhere before being unearthed and put in the suitcase? That would explain the absence of a bad small and also the dampness / staining.

What if mother and child were on the run? Maybe a pregnant woman fled from a voilent man? The child was never in the system because they were on the run, living out of a suitcase? That would explain all the kids clothes. And that nobody reported a missing child?

could have done but the quilt looks like its all been done by machine, from the research i have done...the quilt could of come from anywhere. All over australia there is quilting challenges and workshops. Alot of quilts being donated to woman's refuges, hospitals for babies, even for the floods in qld. A 90cm x90cm is also a common size for a lap quilt for someone in a wheel chair.

I really hope someone sees the quilt, remembers it and it can give the police some leads.

Did you see what i just posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member