AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something called the Wynarka Endurance Pro which appears to be held regularly (August each year). It is off-road buggy racing. http://www.offroadracing.com.au/ind...a-enduro&uid=4cb2beb37289e55fe39a88d64e5bbcef

Found a few links to it, and some YouTube footage from 2014. Obviously nothing happening there this year, and not many links to 2014 go anywhere any more (possibly out of respect for the little angel).

Rather changes my thoughts on Wynarka. I was thinking of it as tiny town, isolated, probably only known as a signpost or to locals. It is a tiny town, but clearly it is known to more people from outside than one might think. Buggy racers who come up for a weekend each August, geo caches... seems more people pass through this place than I would would have thought. Don't know if it means anything at all.

I wonder how much traffic uses the Karoonda Hwy during the Easter break, how many families pack up the camper and kids and head up Loxton way to spend Easter camping on the River. Perhaps some local could let us know if this is a popular thing to do and whether the Karoonda Hwy gets well used during Easter......
So further to my original theory, we know the suitcase had been at least partially submerged in water (it's covered in algae), perhaps it had been found much further north, up along the river somewhere by holiday campers, then considered worthless and tossed out on the the way home. Easter Monday was the 6th April so I am suggesting around that date. I wish we had an actual date of it's first roadside sighting, that would be handy!
Yes there was lots of camping along the river at Easter. Every campground would have been full. Still warm enough for swimming and lots of house boating, wake boarders, skiers, fishermen and yabbieing etc.

I agree, it sure is a strange place. It's obvious that whoever dumped the remains there, wanted them to be found.

Or at the very least we can say he was not too concerned about the suitcase remaining undiscovered.

It's an odd place to choose as a dumpsite, along a highway and very close to a town. It wasn't really hidden but it wasn't in the open either. It just doesn't seem like a place you'd intentionally leave evidence that could get you locked up.
If the person who dumped the case wasn't local they may not have realised there was a settlement just 2 kms ahead. Being such a small place I assume there wouldn't be too many signs to make them aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard