Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you're going to take micro expressions as a sign of, or lack of guilt, note the following:
Erin shakes her head no when she says that and and Heather and Gail were some of the best people she had ever met.
Lack of tears
She shakes her head no when she says that she prays that Don pulls through
She states that her children love Don. What about her? Doesn't she love him?
At the end of the video she shakes her head no again when she says that she hopes with every fibre of her being that Don pulls through
o/t but I've been reading about body language since I was ca 14, and I was interviewed in a very high profile UK case once. Some very important looking detectives (two tall men with expensive-looking coats, shiny shoes etc, like in the TV shows) came to my house and I kept that nodding and shaking my head in complete control, even shaking my head once when I wanted them to ask me more about whatever it was. And they did.
Erin has obvioulsly not read the same books as me lol.
Body language is certainly not a pseudoscience, but needs to be used with any other "clues" (like you did), it's all the little things put together.
It can be something as obvious as in the interviews with Dylan Redwine's dad and Chris Watts, but there is a lot more going on in a person's behaviour or non-behaviour.

Erin refusing to answer where she got the mushrooms from when she had until then answered the other questions says a lot to me. imo.
Still can't say 'she's guilty!' though. She may be just stupid and ignorant and/or clumsy and in panic mode.

(btw, I was not a suspect or involved in that UK case, not sure why they sent those MiB people to me. One of the suspects was someone I had dated some 10+ years earlier.)

If she and her children are vegetarians, it would explain them not eating the beef wellington.

I've never been to anyone's house where they have certain diets and they don't cook the same meal for everyone (under-18s excluded). Have you? (honest question, not snarky. If you're a vegetarian or diabetic etc, would you cook meals for your guests loaded with beef or fruits. I've never been in that situation, but if the cook didn't eat the food they gave me, I wouldn't eat it. jmo)

Perhaps she cooked the Beef Wellington to impress her husband.
I cooked a meal once for an ex, in an attempt to show I still cared. (A mistake I won't ever make again.)

But then her husband decided not to attend...

She may also have wanted to impress the pastor, maybe help him be on her side. Maybe subconsciously.

Just ideas/ IMO.

Maybe the kids were at the house but not “invited” to the lunch? It sounds like the conversation might not have been appropriate for the kids/teenagers, so they could simply have been in the house in another room and therefore not part of the beef Wellington situation.

I've never been to anyone's house where they have certain diets and they don't cook the same meal for everyone (under-18s excluded). Have you? (honest question, not snarky. If you're a vegetarian or diabetic etc, would you cook meals for your guests loaded with beef or fruits. I've never been in that situation, but if the cook didn't eat the food they gave me, I wouldn't eat it. jmo)
Just remembering and I have been to meals where not everyone had the same thing.

Different tastes and dietary requirements were catered for at more than a few meals I've been invited to.

I have a friend who’s vegetarian but whose husband and child aren’t, so she often cooks non-vegetarian meals especially when guests come over. Her pulled pork is so good but never tries it! It’s unusual though..

The kids are teenagers, do we know exactly how old? I remember as a teen if mum had old relatives over for lunch I might say hello and then be an antisocial teenager in my room. This could be the case, especially if they weren’t that close to the mother in law’s sister and her husband.

My parents did, dad was vegetarian, as adults when we visit our mum would do something meaty for us, not everytime because its easier to just make 1 meal for everyone but she didn't get to cook meat much otherwise so sometimes she felt like doing something different.

That's my thinking too, the children ( teenagers) must be vegetarian or vegan, otherwise how could she guarantee that they wouldn't want to try some of the Beef Wellington too?
She could hardly say to them, no don't eat it if they asked for a taste of it.

But .. it's meat for vegetarians .. still doesn't explain why she didn't eat the mushrooms ..

The kids are teenagers, do we know exactly how old? I remember as a teen if mum had old relatives over for lunch I might say hello and then be an antisocial teenager in my room. This could be the case, especially if they weren’t that close to the mother in law’s sister and her husband.

The kids don't bother me, my kids are a bit older now but I still ask them if they want this or that.
So, if Erin's like that, that's just a typical mum to me. imo.
What bothers me, if true, is her not eating the food she herself cooked for her guests.
I mean she looks like she could eat anything, including pies, so why not this pie (if it was the pie, we don't know that yet either I guess)

As a vegetarian, I've had both happen. People will usually cook a meat free version for everyone as that's easier and cheaper, but that could just be the types of people I hang out with. Sometimes I've been to dinners where they've made a meat version and a veggie version. Sometimes I've gone and no meat free option is there even though they knew I was coming :')

Main thing though is that we don't know who, if anyone, is actually vegetarian or not.

IMO if I was innocent & media camped at my door...

If police took my mobile & devices I'd have no way of contacting friends (no landline - no way I could remember my friends mobile nos. No Messenger etc NO WEBSLEUTHS) I'd feel stranded !

I'd pack a suitcase & 'rack off' somewhere too.

The kids don't bother me, my kids are a bit older now but I still ask them if they want this or that.
So, if Erin's like that, that's just a typical mum to me. imo.
What bothers me, if true, is her not eating the food she herself cooked for her guests.
I mean she looks like she could eat anything, including pies, so why not this pie (if it was the pie, we don't know that yet either I guess)
Yeah, it’s strange that she didn’t eat the same meal for sure. Was just commenting as to why the kids may have not been served the lunch. Pretty normal imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyStebbins78