Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by MelmothTheLost, May 11, 2018.

1. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

O/T

Thanks, sleep. I just did this. There is now an option under Settings - General Account Settings - Manage Account to choose a Legacy contact to memorialise your account OR to request that FB delete your full account after your death (of course, someone must notify them of your death first).

2. Bey

Bey New Member

Looking at this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5725913/Mother-sent-photo-performing-sex-act-man-ex-charged-inciting-assault.html
    I'd hope that if he did contribute to a "snap", he could be prosecuted for it... :mad:

one other thing... moo only...
    If I were Katrina in any sort of afterlife now, I'd be less than happy that a man who I'd escaped abuse from was now in charge of arranging mine and my children's funerals

Umbopus likes this.
  3. SouthAussie

I think there are things that the family could have done to keep the ex-husband away if they wanted to. A restraining order being the first thing. Then reports to the police, if he breached those. Harrassment complaints, stalking complaints. All these things could have gone on official record.
    He says he just wanted to see his kids. That his access was extremely limited, due to the home-schooling thing. No school sports days to attend, no school presentation nights, no parent-teacher meetings, no helping out at the school, no school Xmas functions.

I don't believe the ex-husband had much to do with this horrible outcome. If we were ever to know - which we may never do - it is likely more to do with a loss of control by the granddad, or a feeling of loss of control. imo

Wiping most of your family out is a very controlling thing to do. It is controlling their lives to the max.
    Granddad thought about it, he planned it, he executed the plan ... he somehow allowed no escape from it.

JLZ likes this.
  4. MRichards

MRichards On Time Out

He has to do something wrong for an AVO

5. MRichards

MRichards On Time Out

I think they had only 2 children with autism

There was conflicting reports

6. Oz Jen

Oz Jen Well-Known Member

Agree. That's legally how it is. But in the mind of some, it can also mean 'cut off', not by Court order, but by perceived intimidation. Depends on perspective at the time.

7. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

8. SouthAussie

I wonder if the kids were starting to chomp at the bit, and maybe wanted to go to regular school, play on school sports teams, do what the other kids in the area may do. They were getting a bit older now. They may have wanted a bit more freedom away from home. Perhaps they were starting to shake up the equilibrium at home.

9. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

I'm personally acquainted with a family with 6 affected individuals across three generations. A grandmother. Two daughters. All three sons of one of the daughters. (The other daughter is married but not living with her husband and has no children.) Of the children, on has a developmental age of around 5 and is permanently institutionalised. One lives in his bedroom and is highly unlikely ever to be able to live independently. The third is very mildly affected and has graduated from a good university and has had several longterm relationships. However, it's highly likely that he will marry, have children and his children in turn will be affected to some degree or other.

I suspect the role of genetics is widely talked about because it has been well researched and there's good evidence for it.

As I posted earlier in this thread, there's now growing evidence that maternal obesity before and during pregnancy significantly raises the risk of producing an autistic child, ie from around 1:85 to around 1:50. I assume that is in cases where there is no prior evidence of autism in the family.

10. Kiwi74

Kiwi74 New Member

LadyL and JLZ like this.
  11. afajag

afajag New Member

Yes the poem is quite telling and indicates a history of physical, emotional, psychological and alcohol abuse.
    But, no matter how bad that is, as grown ups we know 2 wrongs don't make a right nor bring them back.
    If the person involved in that poem is totally innocent of this crime he really shouldn't be exposed to this public
    outpouring of his historical relationship issues imho. I don't agree with his misdemeanours at all, it sounds horrific, but to have your laundry flaunted in the media at this sensitive time could drive one to do who knows what.

12. Kiwi74

Kiwi74 New Member

hmmm. I don’t think he would do anything bad, he will be under heavy police watch. If, and it’s a guess, sure, it was him, he’s kind of done the worse he could do?

13. human

human Well-Known Member

14. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

FB doesn't allow deletion. ETA: ok, I see they added the option recently.

15. SouthAussie

Apparently, in WA, stalking is enough to get a restraining order.

What is a violence restraining order?

Violence Restraining orders are orders made under State laws that provide a quick and flexible method of obtaining legal protection from many forms of violence or unacceptable behaviour. Family and domestic violence includes emotional, physical, sexual and psychological abuse. If your partner, ex-partner or a family member hurts, threatens or humiliates you, it is family and domestic violence.

The law states that an act of family and domestic violence includes assaults, injuries, threats, stalking, damaging property, hurting animals or pets, and acting in an ongoing intimidating, offensive or emotionally abusive manner.

Physical violence, stalking and threats of violence are crimes.

https://www.ncsmc.org.au/wsas/legal_system/avo_wa.htm

16. MRichards

MRichards On Time Out

If the marraoge history is true, I thought that the daughter would have enough evidence for an AVO?

Katrina was estranged from her partner and had posted online about difficulties with her “ex” stalking her. Other posts from people who knew the family made pointed comments about the ex-partner.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...y/news-story/f6c129e2aa64378e31b45fd22438f2bd

17. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

Obesity raising the risk of autism would be epigenetics though not genetics. It's the environment turning on the genes. That said I have not seen a ton of research linking many specific genes at all. Lots of theories not lots of documentation. Then again there is about a 1 in 34 risk of an autism diagnosis living in the state of New Jersey vs another state. Even riskier than obesity apparently!

18. antechinusRAWR

antechinusRAWR Active Member

I'm pretty sure the ex & his family are Jehovah's Witnesses, so the suicide of her brother is probably the "family history" that was being used as a weapon against her - as in "see, you're mentally unstable too"

Umbopus likes this.
  19. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

Abusers are experts at gaslighting. That comment referring to her family history is a classic gaslighting technique designed to disempower the target of the comment (in this case Katrina).

Gaslighters collect and maintain an immense inventory of weapons of mass emotional destruction to deploy against their targets - all purposefully engineered and launched in the pursuit of a singular goal: Total Control.

Umbopus likes this.
  20. inkpink

inkpink Well-Known Member