Australia - 7 dead in mass shooting and suicide - Osmington WA - 11 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All about him. Did his wife not suffer when their son killed himself?

I wont be surprised the whole family hadnt suffered some sort of illness.
His own son killed himself.

His second son has kidney failure which potentially is substance abuse or dependance.

We get that is what you think...……...:facepalm:

So someone is in psychological care where even the father of the dead children has explained to you Peter Miles situation.

You ignore the mental health and pursue the path of not understanding what has been spelled out in black and white.

If Peter Miles had no legs...

I wont be surprised the whole family hadnt suffered some sort of illness.
His own son killed himself.

His second son has kidney failure which potentially is substance abuse or dependance.

You are wrong. There is no surgery for kidney damage due to substance abuse except a biopsy, which is not major surgery as has been described that he had.

So someone is in psychological care where even the father of the dead children has explained to you Peter Miles situation.

You ignore the mental health and pursue the path of not understanding what has been spelled out in black and white.

If Peter Miles had no legs...

I'm not ignoring anything, I simply don't agree with you that Peter was deranged.

A large percentage of Australians take anti-depressents & don't wipe out 6 members of their family in one foul swoop,.

They get help if they have homicidal thoughts.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....003~2011~Main Features~Antidepressants~10008

There were 1.7 million people (7.8% of the Australian population) who had at least one PBS subsidised prescription for Antidepressant medications filled in 2011.

BBM Thankfully these people don't wipe out their family...……….they take their medication, follow up, & take responsibility for their own mental health. IMO

This is JMO

I havent followed this case closely so take this opinion with a grain of salt. If he was on any kind of mental medication then one thing that COULD have contributed to his decision making is certain medications.

Most of us have seen the commercials about certain medicines can cause suicidal thoughts. For medicines that can have that sort of serious side effect I have to wonder that instead of just suicide then could the medicine possibly contribute to murderous thoughts as well?

One thing I know for sure is certain medicines are scary about possibly causing adverse mental thoughts. I never really paid much attention to those warnings until many years ago I was on a stomach medicine and one of the side effects was that I would get angry for the littlest reasons. It was scary. I at first didnt think it was the medicine until I tested it and sure enough once I started to pay attention to it it became obvious that every time I took this certain medicine it gave me a bad effect of getting angry at the littlest things. The sad part was I really needed this medicine as it was the only thing I had found to help my stomach issue. Luckily my stomach issue eventually went away. I always dreaded having to take that medicine because of the bad mental effect it had.

Once I had that experience then these days when I see the commercials about certain medicines can cause suicidal thoughts I believe them. And to tie it back to this case I wonder if bad effects could escalate to murderous thoughts as well. I mean how much of a leap is it to go from suicidal thoughts to maybe murder/suicide and then the person chickens out on the suicide.

Just speculating.

This is JMO

I havent followed this case closely so take this opinion with a grain of salt. If he was on any kind of mental medication then one thing that COULD have contributed to his decision making is certain medications.

Most of us have seen the commercials about certain medicines can cause suicidal thoughts. For medicines that can have that sort of serious side effect I have to wonder that instead of just suicide then could the medicine possibly contribute to murderous thoughts as well?

One thing I know for sure is certain medicines are scary about possibly causing adverse mental thoughts. I never really paid much attention to those warnings until many years ago I was on a stomach medicine and one of the side effects was that I would get angry for the littlest reasons. It was scary. I at first didnt think it was the medicine until I tested it and sure enough once I started to pay attention to it it became obvious that every time I took this certain medicine it gave me a bad effect of getting angry at the littlest things. The sad part was I really needed this medicine as it was the only thing I had found to help my stomach issue. Luckily my stomach issue eventually went away. I always dreaded having to take that medicine because of the bad mental effect it had.

Once I had that experience then these days when I see the commercials about certain medicines can cause suicidal thoughts I believe them. And to tie it back to this case I wonder if bad effects could escalate to murderous thoughts as well. I mean how much of a leap is it to go from suicidal thoughts to maybe murder/suicide and then the person chickens out on the suicide.

Just speculating.

I don't know. How much of a leap is it? How often do people become homicidal while taking psych meds? I hope you have some facts to back up your comment. Thanks.

You are wrong. There is no surgery for kidney damage due to substance abuse except a biopsy, which is not major surgery as has been described that he had.
Kidney failure can be caused by diabetes and high blood pressure

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is JMO

Just speculating.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3353604/

Taking account of the methodological limitations of these studies, the current evidence fails to provide a clear relationship between their use and risk of suicidality in adults. However, in children and adolescents, there appears to be a bit of increased risk of suicidal ideations and attempts, but not of completed suicides. This risk can be anticipated and managed clinically. Clinicians are, therefore, advised to maintain a close follow-up during the initial treatment periods and remain vigilant of this risk. This advisory, however, should not deter clinicians from the use of effective dosages of antidepressants for a sufficient period of time, in every age group of patients, when clinically needed, and if found suitable otherwise.

BBM

What Im seeing here is ignorance of the facts presented even by the dead childrens own father and hostile speculation with almost agenda standing.

ABCs Media Watch is a moral high ground agenda based show with little credibility in the eyes of many people.
Media Watch itself sees little critic with almost no accountability.
Even its genre is comedy.

I don't know. How much of a leap is it? How often do people become homicidal while taking psych meds? I hope you have some facts to back up your comment. Thanks.

I didnt state any facts as it was all JMO and my own personal experience with a medicince that caused a bad mental effect.

Contributing factors may be numerous and not the only factor someone does something.

This is JMO

Just speculating.

Most of us, (Australians) would not have seen those ads. Prescription medications are not allowed to be advertised here.

Kidney failure can be caused by diabetes and high blood pressure

Yes, but there is no surgery for it. I would bet that he has Urinary Reflux, where a surgical procedure (which often has to be repeated), like a valve, is made in the urethra to stop the urine from flushing back into the kidney.

Reactions: JLZ
Most of us, (Australians) would not have seen those ads. Prescription medications are not allowed to be advertised here.

Thanks as I didnt realize that.

Here in the US it is so obvious how much money the pharmacies make because they have flooded our TV with tons of commercials in the past 5 or more years. Its gotten really bad with so many of their commercials.

Part of the rules they must follow involve telling the audience about the side effects because every commerical ends with a rapidly speaking person going through all the main side effects of whatever medicine is on the commercial.

What Im seeing here is ignorance of the facts presented even by the dead childrens own father and hostile speculation with almost agenda standing.
The children's father doesn't sound normal, so I cannot put much into anything he says.

Depending on the start date for the medication, it is well known that anti depressants usually take 2-3 weeks as MINIMUM to kick in. If he had only just starting the meds they most likely hadn't kicked in as yet. I would say that is more likely the reason for the suicide than any side effects IMO.

Really?? :laughing:

Would you like to explain what "facts" are being ignored & what you think our agenda might be??

I don't think we are being hostile at all, just because we/I don't agree with your opinions.

It's ok to not agree :cheers:

Unfortunately, many have said he was a great guy. That was their impression of him. And it has been reported in a widespread fashion. Then they are grasping to find a reason, like depression or medication. Something that 'changed' him.
Though we learned in the article I posted yesterday, his depression was only being treated for a few weeks prior to the murders.

Just one example:

But, as Sherele Moody puts it, and I agree ... (BBM)

"Much of the public discussion around Peter Miles' deadly actions focuses, almost sympathetically, on his "troubled" life while managing to neatly tip-toe around the fact that this was a clear-cut case of domestic abuse and male violence - both major issues in our society.

Peter Miles' decision to murder Katrina, Cynda and his grandchildren means 29 Australians have now been, allegedly, killed by a loved one this year.

In other words, 34 per cent of the 83 murders committed in 2018 are deemed to be the result of family abuse.

Research shows that people who kill their families do not do it in a vacuum - they often perpetrate other abuses, be they physical or emotional, before they murder.

And why do we insist on highlighting the perpetrator's background and personal issues as excuses and justifications for eradicating innocent humans?"

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/good-bloke-peter-miles-was-a-violent-selfish-monst/3418329/

exactly SA
I'm sick of seeing here about coping with autistic children. like as if its a justification for him loosing the plot.

the world is full of autistic children that don't get murdered by their loved ones.
these kids were beautiful looking, happy and deserved to be remembered as such.
we don't know that they all suffered a disability and so what if they did really. I don't believe this had any relevance to the murder.

purely control.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tboyle