Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years as a closet amateur profiler, I have come to a number of conclusions which could apply to this case.

There is wonderful expression a South American friend taught me. In English it is “Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”. I like it because it is sooooo true. G B-C prides himself in his honesty.

If there is a family-based missing-person / murder case, the murderer generally doesn't join the search. It's probably because they know that it's a waste of time and it would tax their acting skills.

Some cases where this has happened are Kiesha Abrahans & the 3
Farquharson boys. In the boys' case, the father didn't attempt to save the boys because he wanted them dead. In neither case did the perpetrator act as one would expect a close loved-one to act.

Sorry - I'm new to this and entered it twice. I can't work out how to remove the entry

This is so true - it is likely the 10 pm walk was the 'invented' time frame. The alleged deed probably all done and dusted by this time and he was back at the house making up his story. I wonder what story the kids are telling about that night. And what time the sister allegedly spoke to Allison. So we would have to go back to the last know sighting time not related to what the hubby says.

In those back roads of Brookfield the bush is dense and as kiwijane says not many streetlights and unless you were wearing hi-visibility clothing at night you would defs go unseen. A silver to black car would be very well camoflauged I think the poster who said he was using a friends car was right on the money. And unfortunately no traffic CCTV cameras in this area. There is free access to huge areas of dense bushland minutes from the home just via Gap Creek Rd. It is a gateway road to Ashgrove and Samford and the other rural suburbs of Brisbane. At night it is really deserted. With his knowledge of real estate there could be a million places that she could be within 30 minutes of Brookfield.

There has been no mention of sniffer dogs which may have been very useful in picking up a trail unless the police think there was no trail and she was parcelled into the boot of a car and disposed of.

One thing that speaks in her favour perhaps is that if she was still alive and walked off (with 3 kids I just dont think she would leave) she had worked for the scouting associations so she may be familiar with survival techniques etc. But sadly I don't think she will be walking out of the bush.

Info re at least two vehicles on this road around 11pm on Thurs 19 has been given to the Police. Don't think they regard it as being relevant.

Info re at least two vehicles on this road around 11pm on Thurs 19 has been given to the Police. Don't think they regard it as being relevant.

I'd hope that's not the case - it would be one of the most obvious isolated low-traffic areas for someone who had limited time. Maybe there is other info they have that would somehow exclude the area but that would seem very strange. There must be a reason why they originally had 3 specific search sites though ... and the fact the mobile phone might have been in these areas doesn't seem to make sense.

Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth, Regional Crime Coordinator Metropolitan North Police Region said extensive searches for Ms Baden-Clay would continue in the Brookfield area over the weekend.

“Despite today’s inclement weather the search continues unabated in the Brookfield area,” Detective Superintendent Ainsworth said.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/28/update-search-for-missing-brookfield-woman-4/

Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth, Regional Crime Coordinator Metropolitan North Police Region said extensive searches for Ms Baden-Clay would continue in the Brookfield area over the weekend.

“Despite today’s inclement weather the search continues unabated in the Brookfield area,” Detective Superintendent Ainsworth said.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/28/update-search-for-missing-brookfield-woman-4/

We have just two mounted police go past our house so they are definitely out today.

If he was "frantically" phoning and sms'ing friends and relatives, as one of the news articles suggests, that would narrow the timeframe down somewhat. Have just sent an email to crimestoppers suggesting they check the Scout Camp here at Karana Downs. It is isolated from houses, only takes 10-15 minutes to drive from Brookfield, he would in all liklihood have been there at some time in his life due to his Scouts connection, and one would have to drive through the hot zone to get to it from his home, where mobile could have been thrown into the little creek at the centre of hot zone. His mobile phone info for that day would be interesting - especially the pings Ms G Norris referrred to.

Photo's in the news show Gerard coming and going with possessions piled in clothes baskets. Why not proper luggage? Especially given Allisons esteemed career and the many overnight conferences Gerard would attend. Sure hope he hasn't literally sent her packing.

It is interesting that his priority are his daughters and not finding his wife... the kids are staying with his parents (reportedly) and the police are out doing their job and still this guy is sitting around hands in pockets when he has got the scope to do a huge amount to find his wife - by just getting his voice out there. If you were innocent would the lawyer be the way you would go to make your statements? But perhaps he has taken advice from the police about making sure he is not subject to slander or something from the community.

It is interesting that his priority are his daughters and not finding his wife... the kids are staying with his parents (reportedly) and the police are out doing their job and still this guy is sitting around hands in pockets when he has got the scope to do a huge amount to find his wife - by just getting his voice out there. If you were innocent would the lawyer be the way you would go to make your statements? But perhaps he has taken advice from the police about making sure he is not subject to slander or something from the community.

You would also think that when she left on Thursday night and didn't come home that he wouldn't have just made phone calls then went to bed.

From Twitter:

BREAKING: SES searching for missing Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay have found 'several personal items'

BREAKING: Police say the items are being tested to see if they belong to Allison Baden-Clay.

@abcnews @612brisbane

I agree, very unusual not to be searching even just to make yourself feel better and feel as if you were doing all you could. You could also reassure the kids by letting them know "Daddy is going out to search for Mummy". Personally if one of my loved ones were missing I would be compelled to search. I dont know anyone who could stay at home in that situation. There are 2 sets of grandparents and his sister to care for the girls.

I agree, very unusual not to be searching even just to make yourself feel better and feel as if you were doing all you could. You could also reassure the kids by letting them know "Daddy is going out to search for Mummy". Personally if one of my loved ones were missing I would be compelled to search. I dont know anyone who could stay at home in that situation. There are 2 sets of grandparents and his sister to care for the girls.

so with you! Even if he is not permitted to join the search party with the police. I would conduct my own search! No stone would be left unturned - i don't think I could forgive myself if I didn't take the opportunity - no one knows a family members habits better than that family! Even if the police thought it was futile - I would be canvassing friends family - but i guess to be fair we don't know that he is not doing that.

From Twitter:

BREAKING: SES searching for missing Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay have found 'several personal items'

BREAKING: Police say the items are being tested to see if they belong to Allison Baden-Clay.

@abcnews @612brisbane

I don't have twitter. Wonder what they found and where they found the items.

I've just watched a Channel 9 interview of B B-C in his parents' front yard. Though it was dated today, it could be a few days old. It was titled something like "B B-C breaks his silence". One thing that is very clear from the interview is that B B-C shouldn't take up acting.

In the interview he uses the voice that I call the "calling work and saying you're sick voice". It was very whiney and unconvincing. The content contained no references to "Allison" or her family. He refers to Allison only as "my wife". It's one of those times when its not what he says that arouses concern, it's what he doesn't say.

No matter how I look at this case, everything points to same sad outcome.

He refers to Allison only as "my wife".

Honestly, if he referred to her as 'Allison' or any other, we would be claiming he should have said 'my wife'. Innocent or Guilty, sometimes we profile , or read into these comments too much

I don't have twitter. Wonder what they found and where they found the items.

I just heard on ABC News that SES searchers had found some 'personal items' that had been taken in for testing to determine if they belonged to Allison.
One would think that they must find lots & lots of personal items, belonging all and sundry, out there. These items must be of real interest. Hopefully the solution to this very sad mystery is not far away.

Poor poor allison out there in the rain and cold..i hope they find her soon..as to her "distraught" husband,if he was caring about his wifes welfare he would have been out there looking for her since she went missing..instead of hiding behind his children..if it wasnt for his wife..there wouldnt BE any children..plenty of people to take care of them while he looked..i hope they find her soon and the people that really care about her can either help her rebuild her life without him and it has a happy ending..it is not going well though..

I personally don't think they will be bringing her home alive. This doesn't fit the profile of someone who has abandoned family life with husband and children. Why would a woman just walk out into the night without her car or money???

We can assume from what police have reported, that her mobile is still in the area - that in itself is concerning. This may indicate that she is still in the area...

I think the noose is tightening, they'll catch the culprit. Indeed they have found some belongings. I wonder if they do belong to Ms Baden-Clay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnTEmS3JwCo&feature=youtu.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member