Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came through, past the showgrounds, saw police divers in wetsuits wet, guess this explains it.

All I can say is, finally, they've found her, finally.

OK found at the Mount Crosby Weir .. how far is that from the house?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-enters-11th-day/story-e6freoof-1226342625074

Have seen Mt Crosby Weir and Colleges Crossing mentioned. Both about a 20 min drive from the Brookfield house. Mt Crosby Weir you need to pass very close to some houses - old turncock's residences. Colleges Crossing you still pass houses, but could conceivably drive past early morning and not be seen or raise much suspicion. Totally risky locations to remain hidden though, and I reckon a fairly safe bet someone will have seen a car.

bodyfoundfromhouse.jpg

The river runs from Brookfield area past Mt Crosby I think.

Yeah, but Brookfield is way downstream. I don't think any sort of current would carry a body that far upstream. The person disposing of Alison probably started out upstream of the Mt Crosby area, in bushland areas somewhere.

this goes to what one of the 'elders' of the community said almost from day one - 'being so close to the river', this is what he believed from the beginning.

Well, he's cactus now. There goes the accident while walking possibility he could have used if she was closer to the house. Wonder what the COD will be - hopefully they will still be able to draw a reliable conclusion. Poor woman, nobody deserves this, least of all her children and parents who obviously adored her. Sad.

Full credit to the police and SES and all the volounteers who were out looking for this poor poor women! The way they carried out the search will needless bring new methods for other missing person cases -

The weir is not far from my house at Karana Downs. The water there is quite clear. Reckon someone fishing there might have spotted her underwater because the Police efforts were pretty much concentrated to Brookfield area, though I did suggest they check out at Scout Camp at Karana Downs due to his scouting connections. I had only been thinking this morning that he must have driven out our way because when screams broke out in the hot zone, the first thing he would want to do is bundle her into the car and get the hell out of there. Hence liklihood of finding body in hot zone = very low. He would then arrive at intersection of Rafting Creek and Moggill Roads and logically would turn right towards isolated areas rather than left towards city and congested areas.

Am feeling quite sick about it. Her entire life extinguished, just like that. Her poor babies, this will stay with them forever.

Cadaver dogs would have hit on the car by the way. Which may explain why the police launched such a huge effort right from the get-go. Knew if they didn't find her body in time the cause of death would be very difficult to determine, especially if she was suffocated.

The weir is not far from my house at Karana Downs. The water there is quite clear. Reckon someone fishing there might have spotted her underwater because the Police efforts were pretty much concentrated to Brookfield area, though I did suggest they check out at Scout Camp at Karana Downs due to his scouting connections. I had only been thinking this morning that he must have driven out our way because when screams broke out in the hot zone, the first thing he would want to do is bundle her into the car and get the hell out of there. Hence liklihood of finding body in hot zone = very low. He would then arrive at intersection of Rafting Creek and Moggill Roads and logically would turn right towards isolated areas rather than left towards city and congested areas.

Without revealing the identity of the 'elder' I referred to earlier in the post. What was frustrating was this person was born and bred here and had abundant local knowledge and experience in particular community services, yet the police did not avail themsleves of his expertise, not since the last time I spoke to him a couple of days ago. Frustrating and so disappointing.

I meant to add good point Rexo re: which direction someone would have turned from the intersection, makes so much sense!

I feel really sad for Allison, her children, her parents and the extended family. Does anyone know if her children are at school today? They will not take it well at all.
The police, SES and all those volunteers who have scoured the area so minutely deserve so much praise for the work they have done, and for caring so much, no matter what the weather threw at them.
A question which will no doubt be answered soon - how did they decide to look over there? It is well away from the Hot zone and areas of interest.
Driving from Brookfield to Mt Crosby - hilly, dark and windy single-lane each way roads. Anyone who saw a car out there would not have taken much notice at night because they would be concentrating on the roads themselves.
Again, I am pleased she was found, but not happy she is deceased. She deserved so much better than that. Now that they have the body, they can determine cause of death - and then move on to catching the person who did this, and making sure they cannot get out of it with 'legal wriggling'.

I'm out this way and I kept getting eerie feelings around Kholo Creek overpass. I know it probably sounds silly, but its the 'what if.' :(

I wrote this a few days ago and look, she's there... I wish I called the police.

This is freaking me out a little.

I wrote this a few days ago and look, she's there... I wish I called the police.

This is freaking me out a little.

Pretty sure poor Allison has been found a long way upstream of Kholo Creek overpass? Does a tidal current run back up the river? If so I guess it's not inconceivable she could have ended up further upstream, but a body would not get past the weir heading upstream - so if she is on the catchment side that will most likely mean she has been left somewhere upstream - all the rain may have moved her further than the person expected to happen.

Just please let there be plenty of evidence with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500