Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirmed on the press conference, the body that was found has confirmed to be Allison's :(

I thought they said they couldn't confirm it but from what he was saying we can pretty much tell it is her. He said her family was very upset.

Movement of vehicles info has come in from the public .. was the white pajero returned .. he can't comment news to him.

Sounds like someone did see his car that night.

That reporter asked if "the Prado was returned home at 11pm" (after he mistakenly called it a Pajero) - which the inspector said he know nothing about. Seems like the reporter heard a whisper someone thought they saw the Prado coming home to the Baden-Clay home at 11pm. Might be clutching at straws ...

Yes .. might well be a false rumour that one .. about the car being returned, but it does sound like the car may have been spotted and that was called in. Good.

More info from locals - When she was reported missing, her car was not at home but was found on the Brookfield showground - about 2 minutes walk away. I know whom the mistress is but better keep the name to myself - lets just call her ReMax. Affair been going on for a couple of years, A found out last year. A & G were sleeping in seperate rooms. G has fresh scratch on face. She was engaged to a lovely man some years ago but parents did not approve as he was not a graduate - he has since gone on to have a successful diving career. I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist. Did not realise the family had lived in Karana Downs previously.

Well if he did this, he's now missed his opportunity to come forward and take police to the location of the body. Bad news for him. He didn't even have enough compassion or remorse to save police, the canoeist, her own family and her poor children from this awful outcome. Will not go down well at sentencing.

More info from locals - When she was reported missing, her car was not at home but was found on the Brookfield showground - about 2 minutes walk away. I know whom the mistress is but better keep the name to myself - lets just call her ReMax. Affair been going on for a couple of years, A found out last year. A & G were sleeping in seperate rooms. G has fresh scratch on face. She was engaged to a lovely man some years ago but parents did not approve as he was not a graduate - he has since gone on to have a successful diving career. I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist. Did not realise the family had lived in Karana Downs previously.

That is truly bizarre ..

Well if he did this, he's now missed his opportunity to come forward and take police to the location of the body. Bad news for him. He didn't even have enough compassion or remorse to save police, the canoeist, her own family and her poor children from this awful outcome. Will not go down well at sentencing.

But for whoever did this, with each passing day they probably gained a little more hope they would get away with it. If they were capable of doing this, they wouldn't be capable of fessing up I reckon.

Yes, the blonde reporter after the press conf had finished had received word saying that the body was hers. :( Have not seen any news article online to state this as yet.

But for whoever did this, with each passing day they probably gained a little more hope they would get away with it. If they were capable of doing this, they wouldn't be capable of fessing up I reckon.

Psychopaths always shoot themselves in the foot. Almost as if they have an inbuilt self-destruct button.

Yes .. might well be a false rumour that one .. about the car being returned, but it does sound like the car may have been spotted and that was called in. Good.

Not sure if that one is factual but I am sure someone has seen one or both of the cars leave and/or return because of some of the questions police asked. Sadly given they never went out to this area to search, it seems no one saw the car specifically at the location Allison was found, but knowing a car was out that night would be a start.

Hopefully DNA will be a further step toward police solving this.

Only just heard!! So sad. It's absolutely devastating news for her daughters & family, thoughts & prayers go out to them. Well done to all involved in the search, police, SES & residents of the area.

How funny, but as soon as i saw their photo, I had a feeling that they were sleeping in separate rooms, weird, but I don't know where that came from. I think from yesterday talking about abusive relationships and that he was not united with her family, it seems as though they were together for the sake of the children.

as ghoulish and voyeuristic as this may sound, I would have liked to be a fly on the wall to see what Gerard's reaction to the news was.

I emailed crimestoppers on Saturday suggesting they check our the Karana Downs Scout Camp which is just behind Kholo Creek Crossing where she has been found by a canoist.

I think a number of people told police about the Tyamolum scout camp last week, maybe drawing some conclusions when some of the information came out in news, but I don't think the search ever got anywhere near it. I think the issue with widening the search was as the inspector said they had to exhaust the 2 km radius rule first, and that hot zone obviously had them preoccupied. My hope is the 3 areas they had of interest all had to do with sighting of a car that can be identified.

It's maybe likely that bridge was just the first isolated area on the road the person encountered, because a body washing downstream would probably have gone out to the river as it would have a pretty wide discharge after rain. It would be better if the body has been found where it was left and not submerged and washed down the creek. Just hope the person has bled or left some clean DNA that hasn't been lost.

Terrible to talk about Allison as 'a body' because you just don't want to think this a little girls' mum we're discussing.

Great info Rexo - Is Ms ReMax still working in Real Estate. I had a suspicion it was someone who left C21, but no longer in Real Estate.

Friend who lives in area told me both cars were in their garage this morning.

Great info Rexo - Is Ms ReMax still working in Real Estate. I had a suspicion it was someone who left C21, but no longer in Real Estate.

Friend who lives in area told me both cars were in their garage this morning.

Do you mean by 'both cars in their garage' Remax's? I'm confused. Does Remax still live in the area or nearby? I'm obviously out of the loop regarding who it is and I don't really want to know other than if they are on the 'list'?

Man, you have to feel sorry for ReMax too!! Can you imagine if the bloke you were having an affair with's wife disappeared under these circumstances? Horrifying!!

Indog - no - clarifying my friend said that both Baden Clay cars were back in the family home garage. Nothing to do with Ms ReMax. Sorry for the confusion.

Reference to ReMax is the "other woman" - but she is not a suspect. Yeah she still works in real estate quite close to my office actually, as is his. Just googled her and got quite a shock (she ain't worth doing twenty years for). Another interesting but unrelated fact, my husband runs a boating business and he found a lady in the river in September 2010. Not sinister like this - she was an Indian lady who had jumped off Jindalee bridge. Allison appears to have been located within about 100 metres of the last lady. By the way Alicat, you and I must both drive Mt Crosby Road to work and back each day, right over the Kholo crossing. She was so very close all that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500