Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at photos of the area where the poor woman was found, could she have been tossed off that bridge??

When I first heard the whole thing was so suspect. I asked my husband if he would sit around and he said he would not sleep until he found me. Those poor dear girls, this is going to be horrendous for them, my heart goes out, Im surprised it took police so long to check all waterways in a 1 hour radius seeing they obviously have suspected for sometime the cars were used. What is the chances the husband didn't do it when you weigh up the chances someone else got to her at that time of night in a remote area at the opportune time. What could possibly be worth taking a mother away from her children? If it comes out he did it then what sort of creep hurts his own children like that. It is just sickening

I think a number of people told police about the Tyamolum scout camp last week, maybe drawing some conclusions when some of the information came out in news, but I don't think the search ever got anywhere near it.

My husband went for a mountain bike ride up there on the weekend and I didn't know he was going there at the time, but I asked him if he saw anything suspicious. He said it looked as though someone had trekked through there but thought it may have been animals.

My husband went for a mountain bike ride up there on the weekend and I didn't know he was going there at the time, but I asked him if he saw anything suspicious. He said it looked as though someone had trekked through there but thought it may have been animals.

Alicat, that might also be worth reporting to police.

I feel sick. Allison disappeared less than 2km from our old home in Kenmore Hills and is found 2km from our home in Moggill. I hope justice truly prevails.

From Courier Mail Twitter Feed/Steele Tallon - police are preparing to winch the body out from underneath Kholo Creek bridge...

I notice there is mention of disturbed tracks, do they think she was dragged or thrown off the bridge, the dragging through the bush would account for a scratch on the face and I would assume that carrying a body for a far way would cause sore ribs also, interesting the car crash at the bus stop. Also, he has grown facial hair and I remember reading book ( I think the author was John Douglass the founder of the behaviour Unit i the FBI)where it was quoted as growing facial hair was common amongst the guilty as they felt it would conceal facial expressions.

No tears for his wife, managed to hold it together on camera at a time you would be a complete mess. Having an affair! Massive argument and admits marriage problems! Scratch on face! Waited until 7.30am following day! Avoids media instead of pleading for help and using them to help find her? Out of character quietness! Hired a lawyer ( who would be thinking about that while you were fearing for your wife, unless you were not)
Car crash at bus stop, sore ribs and facial hair!!!
Were locals told not to search the area she was found or is it a remote area? I just don't understand why the police don't apply some pressure to see if he will crack, people have been suspects with far less circumstancial evidence in the past, I don't understand this?

Deepest sympathy to Allison's gorgeous girls and to her parents.

I don't imagine she would have been thrown from the bridge. It's quite common to see a car parked near the bridge as some of the locals put crab pots or go fishing in the creek - so there must be a track leading down from the road.
Most likely scenario would be that the body has washed down during the recent rain from the scout camp or she has been taken down and hidden from view under the bridge.
Hidden from view in plain sight though, as a lot of us drive this road every day. I even quickly scanned along the banks of the creek as I was going over it the other day, but saw nothing and dismissed the area as being outside the search area.

have just got on the puter and sad to see that they "may" have found her...another case of I bet my left leg that it will be her and that the husband is 100% responsible.

I was reading the sunday mail yesterday and the neighbours actually had heard screams about 10pm, one guy actually went out of his house to check it out.

I am thinking that obviously the marriage was at its end, he was having an affair, separate rooms etc a fight and he has gone too far and killed her.

Very sad for her little girls. She sounded like such a vivacious woman.

I know alot of people stay together for the children but sometimes you do wonder if it is actually the best thing to do when things get so strained (many of us have been in that position).

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-after-womans-body-found-20120430-1xu2l.html

"Premier Campbell Newman said the body’s discovery was sad news for Mrs Baden-Clay's friends and family." Interesting wording. Everyone with political nouse will distance themselves from any suspect now until someone is formally charged. Wonder what Bruce Flegg and Margaret DeWitt are thinking now.

Which is why I couldn't figure out what Margaret de Wit was doing over at Gerard's place the other night 'lending support' to him and his family (??!). Why wasn't she supporting Mr and Mrs Dickie? Am assuming here that she wasn't as the camera crews got her at the Baden-Clays. She may have also paid them a visit but the publicity was as you would expect it regarding her giving her support to him.

Which is why I couldn't figure out what Margaret de Wit was doing over at Gerard's place the other night 'lending support' to him and his family (??!). Why wasn't she supporting Mr and Mrs Dickie? Am assuming here that she wasn't as the camera crews got her at the Baden-Clays. She may have also paid them a visit but the publicity was as you would expect it regarding her giving her support to him.

Any visit to a constituent's house is the closest thing to work Margaret De Wit has done in about 10 years ... sigh

Any visit to a constituent's house is the closest thing to work Margaret De Wit has done in about 10 years ... sigh

Oh dear yes, I have to agree with you. It really did seem quite strange though and close to politicial suicide given how badly this situation casts him. If the visit had been in the early days, sure, but only a day or so ago with everything we know so far??

Oh dear yes, I have to agree with you. It really did seem quite strange though and close to politicial suicide given how badly this situation casts him. If the visit had been in the early days, sure, but only a day or so ago with everything we know so far??

Classic case of the libs looking after their own.....as someone mentioned earlier on. As if they would care about the Dickie's.....The Dickie's probably dont put cash in the coffers......Very Liberal Party behaviour I feel.

yeah totally agree ... but I think someone pointed out earlier Mr Baden-Clay is closely aligned with the LNP and a fairly prominent supporter. While others have raised questions, I think often diehard political supporters and/or church-goers tend to have trouble accepting one of their flock can do anything wrong. Unless evidence is found, people as vacuous as Flegg and De Witt will most likely be in denial.

yeah totally agree ... but I think someone pointed out earlier Mr Baden-Clay is closely aligned with the LNP and a fairly prominent supporter. While others have raised questions, I think often diehard political supporters and/or church-goers tend to have trouble accepting one of their flock can do anything wrong. Unless evidence is found, people as vacuous as Flegg and De Witt will most likely be in denial.

I just resent the blatant 'circling of wagons', especially when he didn't make any kind of heart felt plea (or feign an attempt), it was all about him. Yet the Dickies were out there from the beginning and have been at the showgrounds every day without fail.

Perhaps Flegg et al think that if they are innocent then they might have secured some more donations and if they are guilty they will drop them like a ton of bricks and deny everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500