Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he continued another ten minutes drive (so 20km rather than 10km) he would have come across the weir where he could have dumped her and been gone in 20 seconds.

Location of Weir - http://g.co/maps/kzeem
This is where he would of got bruises on his ribs trying to hoick a body off a bridge as well as lifting, dragging and the fight she would have put up. The autopsy will still show bruising prior to death even though the body was submerged, it just means a lengthy process. He would have had quite a workout that night, I know when I go to the Gym after a lengthy absense ( I wish I did it more often) my ribs feel sore the next day so I cant imagine how I would feel if the training session went all night and included carrying 65 kilos around in and out cars up and down paddocks and over bridges and then the massive drain from such an adrenalin packed night ( fight or fligth response takes an enormous toll on the body after the ordeal)

The police already know what he told them about their mother going missing and it wasn't something you would say in that situation.

I'm intrigued with your previous mention of that information, and hope it comes out when the investigation is complete.

Scenario - perhaps he had told the mistress it was all over and she just wouldn't accept the fact that he wanted to make it work with his wife?

The police already know what he told them about their mother going missing and it wasn't something you would say in that situation.

yes i had heard something through the grapevine that sounded odd to me - not what most people would say in the situation

It was mentioned earlier that the children had been told "something unusual" about their mother not being there. I read somewhere else that she was always there to get the girls ready for school and to get their breakfast. It would have been highly unusual their mum was not there that morning. As someone mentioned previously, I believe one of the girls may have said something to the police that made them concerned. Also quite a few people have now mentioned he had more than just a few scratches.

If my spouse was missing, and I had to move out for a few days to allow police to search my house, why wouldn't I want to return to my own house, my own comforts, the kids toys, etc. after police removed the crime scene tapes, in order to bring "some normality" to my children? "Unpleasant" feelings/memories perhaps?

Oh guys can you not hint at what was said to the kids. Sooo curious!

Sorry to be graphic but could one person throw a body off the bridge? Do you think he was trying to make it look like suicide? Re my comment about jumping out at the roundabout, just a thought that perhaps she tried to escape,perhaps the car stopped in the roundabout.

I think that's a fair comment about "make it look like suicide", then they brought in the "she was suffering from depression" line.

GBC is a big enough guy, I'd say he'd have no trouble throwing her off a bridge. Which is what I thought when first saw photos of the bridge she was found under, overgrown, isolated area, not much chance of passing motorists seeing her body under that bridge.

It looks like the police are being very patient and meticulous. They obviously have a suspect and they know where he/she is and are busy gathering evidence against that person. Appologies if I'm just rehashing other comments.

It was mentioned earlier that the children had been told "something unusual" about their mother not being there. I read somewhere else that she was always there to get the girls ready for school and to get their breakfast. It would have been highly unusual their mum was not there that morning. As someone mentioned previously, I believe one of the girls may have said something to the police that made them concerned. Also quite a few people have now mentioned he had more than just a few scratches.

Yes. I assumed it must have been reported by the media, because I was in a forum where the Baden-Clay case doesn't factor very prominently (it's in a poorly-patronised thread within a small sub-forum and gets about one post every three days) and it was stated quite matter of factly there -- maybe five or more days ago -- that he had considerable bruising on the ribs. A '22 year old new office assistant' was mentioned by the same poster. Maybe just a throw-away remark - or maybe they knew something? Don't know

What prompted police to act so quickly in this case? I understand the urgency when children are missing, but an adult woman? Why was this case different? Had anyone else reported domestic violence in this household in the past? Was there a record with the police? The urgency with which police acted is strange! Previous reports of an AVO would explain this, however why was he then living in the house again? Or was he living somewhere else (parents) and was not supposed to be there that night?

What prompted police to act so quickly in this case? I understand the urgency when children are missing, but an adult woman? Why was this case different? Had anyone else reported domestic violence in this household in the past? Was there a record with the police? The urgency with which police acted is strange! Previous reports of an AVO would explain this, however why was he then living in the house again? Or was he living somewhere else (parents) and was not supposed to be there that night?

From what I've heard they saw something that made them react straight away and think it was suss.

Sorry to be graphic but could one person throw a body off the bridge? Do you think he was trying to make it look like suicide? Re my comment about jumping out at the roundabout, just a thought that perhaps she tried to escape,perhaps the car stopped in the roundabout.
I think that's a fair comment about "make it look like suicide", then they brought in the "she was suffering from depression" line.

GBC is a big enough guy, I'd say he'd have no trouble throwing her off a bridge. Which is what I thought when first saw photos of the bridge she was found under, overgrown, isolated area, not much chance of passing motorists seeing her body under that bridge.

There would be a car left at the bridge if someone committed suicide so someone would have had to drive the car there after the fact, which is not the case.

What prompted police to act so quickly in this case? I understand the urgency when children are missing, but an adult woman? Why was this case different?

From what I've read, she was reported missing around 7.30 am, first attending police officers noted "unspecified observations" & called in detectives. There's been all sorts of things posted elsewhere as to what those observations could be. One I read was "blood in one of the cars" ....but...who knows.

If my spouse was missing, and I had to move out for a few days to allow police to search my house, why wouldn't I want to return to my own house, my own comforts, the kids toys, etc. after police removed the crime scene tapes, in order to bring "some normality" to my children? "Unpleasant" feelings/memories perhaps?

Well, I sure don't want to proclaim his innocence, but if i were in his place, and happened to be innocent, I would NOT want my kids to watch the police and SES crawl all over everywhere, and would definitely take them out of the suburb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member