Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of my thoughts at the start Caviar, it is either too early to ring the police OR too late. I did tell my husband that if I had gone for a walk at 10pm and wasn't home at 7.30am that he would have come looking and called the police earlier. That is of course if he was aware if Allison didn't come home. It has been said that they weren;t in the same bedroom. Even so though if I had a fight with my husband and he walked off in a huff, I would be listening to make sure I knew where he was and that he was safe.

Though if the practise was an early morning walk, if he was half an hour late, I would be starting to get concerned, ringing him and getting in the car to look for him, NOT ringing the police. Similarly with GBC sister, if she arrived from Townsville on the Friday and took the girls to school, he must have alerted very early, only a couple of planes out of Townsville on a Friday (I only looked at Qantas) one at 5.55am = too early, next one around 9.25 (could be done, you would have to consider it very urgent to get to Brisbane) that one ;lands around 11 am, then the hour drive to Brookfield, you won;t have been there until after 12, getting lat to organise the girls to go school then.

The more this goes around in my head the more confused I become.

I'm not sure if his sister does still live in Townsville. Someone just looked at her Facebook profile which she might not have changed (there is an Army HQ in Townsville).

you're joking hey ? permission really ??

No i'm not joking. It's because he seen on the police facebook page that there was to be no speculation and other rules which they had about this . He is only thinking of me and not wanting me to get in trouble

To be honest, the story reads like a thousand other homicides, arguments that get out of hand, etc....but the waiting for information (concrete info) is hard and our imaginations get very vivid! After 70 odd pages, I forget whats confirmed evidence and whats speculation..also, I may too much NCIS....and I may have had too many wines......

No i'm not joking. It's because he seen on the police facebook page that there was to be no speculation and other rules which they had about this . He is only thinking of me and not wanting me to get in trouble

I can understand his concern angel1. I didnt view it as your hubby disallowing you to do things per se (as though you are the under the thumb, owned wifey). I viewed it the way you say.....and you dont need to say who you think it is to post.

It makes you wonder......the family appeared to have been plodding along, living their life (filled with the same problems we all have regardless of our standing or circumstances) I mean the affair, if there was one, was old news and something they supposedly were getting counselling for. They had worked together for a long time, dealt with all the usual crap for a long time. Did something change or some added pressure arise in the last month or so?I do think if he is the centre of the investigation, there could be more to it than he plain outright 'snapped and killed her' over an argument that they have possible had a hundred times before. I know that is typical in intimate homicide, but there seems like a few other players dancing around the edges

Perhaps not quite true that they were 'plodding along'. People have said that the business was in trouble, which is not just assumption as apparently business partners injected more money into the business, and a large number of staff left. GBC had invested a lot of money into the business expansion and relocation at a time when there was a downturn. Knowing a little bit about real estate, another thing is that February and March are usually slower months than the rest of the year. A lot of people have done their property shopping during the holidays, moved house and school has gone back, and everyone is settling into their routines. So Real Estate commissions can be very lean in March/April compared to the rest of the year. If they already had financial troubles things could have come to a head in that regard and placed a much bigger strain on their marriage.

Someone very close to Allisons circle of friends has also reported on here that Allison had recently found out that GBC was still having the affair he had told her had ended.

Those 2 things alone could have brought things to crisis point, and an argument was heard at the house on the Thursday night.

I don't know, I really want this guy convicted. We all know he did it. I just don't want a repeat of Gabe Watson. Look at all the evidence they had against him (including recent insurance policy taken out on his wife's life) and he escaped conviction. Hard to convict on dna evidence when said accused lives with the victim. I think electronic evidence will play a major part in solving this.

This a forum and this is a thought of what may occur. However we must all have an opinion

Barossa, the rules state you have to put a qualifying MSM link or IMO or JMO in every statement or the mods will put you on TIME OUT. Please just do this from now on sweetie. Thanks.

To be honest, the story reads like a thousand other homicides, arguments that get out of hand, etc....but the waiting for information (concrete info) is hard and our imaginations get very vivid! After 70 odd pages, I forget whats confirmed evidence and whats speculation..also, I may too much NCIS....and I may have had too many wines......

Dont worry, if you may have had too many wines.....I did my hair last night and think the chemicals have fried my brain....lol

Hi All. Finally registered, albeit with an incorrectly spelt username!

I think that maybe there was a call to 000 on the thursday night/friday morning that they werent able to identify from a distressed female, then when GBC called, they matched the two. Hence why the phone is such an integral part of this investigation, they need it to be able to confirm that it was ABC that had called. Perhaps the call was cut off. And most importantly, the call could have been made before 10pm, which would disprove GBC's walking story.

I also noted a few comments on this forum about the link to a former colleague of GBC who now works at R*maX? I drive past the roundabout in question daily and yesterday I noted there to be a R*max office with a carpark out front, right on the roundabout. When the police made their plea for witnesses who "used" the roundabout between 11pm and 4am, I noted they said "near" the roundabout, not on or through or past. They said near. So there is a location "near" this roundabout that has them interested.

Be also interesting to note if there are any ATM's near that roundabout. Cause what are the things you look for when a person goes missing? use of their bank and phone?? did someone use her card after 10pm to support their story...it would take about 45mins - 60 mins to walk "near" that roundabout from the BC's residence....10pm + 45mins to 60 mins....11pm...

Does anyone know what time the neighbours heard the screams? can't find this anywhere.

finally a very plausible reason why the police took this missing person call so very seriously...it makes total sense. my son once dialled 000 then hung up....police arrived within very short time. if she wasnt at home but close bgy they may have had no where to arrive TO.

re: remax...THAT is also very interesting, unless you really analyse the police statement, people just assume they are talking about the roundabout. opens yet more doors and reopens old ones

When I googled the roundabout, I noticed the Re-Max too.....But didnt want to go into it because at the time people had just finished about the wrong identity of the mistress. I found that most odd too to see the office there....It was like ding ding ding, went off in my head.......and no I wasnt sitting at the pokie machines...lol

I too hope you are right Brookster. That would be the best outcome. But if it is the case then the police must be oblivious to it as well, because they have not said anything that warns the public, for example, of any dangers right now that a murderer is on the loose.

Why would they warn the public? Even if it were a murder there doesn't seem to be any motivation behind as there was no sign of rape, no cutting up of the body, no torture or anything else and there is no pattern of similar crimes so there is no need to warn the public.

You are right about the lack of warning, and this was one of my first thoughts when i noticed females still walking Brookfield streets alone in the dark, even past Al's house, in the last few days.

You're more likely to be abducted by aliens than you are to be killed whilst walking around Brookfield streets. There is no danger and no-one needs to change their routines, start locking the children and the dog away at 5pm, locking the gate, loading the gun and standing watch.

It doesn't make me wonder, especially after reading the following from today's report....

"He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

But police confirmed today Mr Baden-Clay has maintained he last saw his wife watching television at their home about 10pm that Thursday night.http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz1tqE6XknR

I guess he must have changed "his story" when he hired the criminal lawyer.

------------------------------

Do you see the conflicting "stories" he's told ??????

What conflicting story?

1) He wakes up after last having seen her at 10pm.
2) He knows that she goes for a walk ~6am each day.
3) His wife is not at home.
4) His wifes joggers are not at home.

So why is it a conflicting story when it would be safe to assume that his wife went for a walk and did not return?

absolutely, that is why it makes me wonder..... is he only protecting his own arse? he had all night to concoct a simple 'last seen' statement....if he changed it within hours...why? how stupid is he? are there other forces who have a hand in it? or is he dimwitted enough not to have cemented that first simple lie? all reports don't portray him as an idiot. Why would he #$@! up so completely in the beginning? Odd

Where did he change his story? His story has been the same since day 1 with the parents and the police.

Why would they warn the public? Even if it were a murder there doesn't seem to be any motivation behind as there was no sign of rape, no cutting up of the body, no torture or anything else and there is no pattern of similar crimes so there is no need to warn the public.

You're more likely to be abducted by aliens than you are to be killed whilst walking around Brookfield streets. There is no danger and no-one needs to change their routines, start locking the children and the dog away at 5pm, locking the gate, loading the gun and standing watch.

What US posters here, (and some Australians) need to realize is, this is not America. As I said earlier on, we don't have up to 50 serial killers active at one time. It's an American phenomena... As I once heard someone quote "The Serial Killer is as American as apple pie". It's far more likely to be a killer INTIMATE with the victim. The placement of the body says to me that someone wanted her away from the area she was suppose to be, so it looked like abduction of some sort, but didn't have time, or was too afraid to travel too far from the area with the body.

6pm news, Gerard breaks down .... There is footage of him holding his head, possibly collecting the tributes or putting some down, can't tell sorry, they only showed a small snippet. Channel 7.

I think that maybe there was a call to 000 on the thursday night/friday morning that they werent able to identify from a distressed female, then when GBC called, they matched the two.

How? If there was a call to 000 there is a record of it and where it came from. If there wasn't a call to 000 there is no record of it.

If he called from the home phone or his mobile on Friday how would this be matched to her possible call?

Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense.

Hence why the phone is such an integral part of this investigation, they need it to be able to confirm that it was ABC that had called. Perhaps the call was cut off. And most importantly, the call could have been made before 10pm, which would disprove GBC's walking story.

The phone has nothing to do with a call that may or may not have been made, if a call was made the record of the call is on the network not the phone.

I also noted a few comments on this forum about the link to a former colleague of GBC who now works at R*maX? I drive past the roundabout in question daily and yesterday I noted there to be a R*max office with a carpark out front, right on the roundabout.

This has already been discussed at length, the person who works at ReMax works at the Toowong office and she has no involvement with him apart from working with him.

When the police made their plea for witnesses who "used" the roundabout between 11pm and 4am, I noted they said "near" the roundabout, not on or through or past. They said near. So there is a location "near" this roundabout that has them interested.

You're thinking about this too much and their use of words.

Be also interesting to note if there are any ATM's near that roundabout. Cause what are the things you look for when a person goes missing? use of their bank and phone?? did someone use her card after 10pm to support their story...it would take about 45mins - 60 mins to walk "near" that roundabout from the BC's residence....10pm + 45mins to 60 mins....11pm...

The police are not stupid and will have checked that plus there is no mention of her handbag being missing. I don't know of any woman that takes their handbag when they go for a walk.

Does anyone know what time the neighbours heard the screams? can't find this anywhere.

10pm and they DIDN'T hear screams, they hard an argument.

When I googled the roundabout, I noticed the Re-Max too.....But didnt want to go into it because at the time people had just finished about the wrong identity of the mistress. I found that most odd too to see the office there....It was like ding ding ding, went off in my head.......and no I wasnt sitting at the pokie machines...lol

Forgetting the mistress rumors for just a moment, Re-Max is directly linked insofar as the failed business dealing. $300 000 investment with no return is not something most people can afford to lose. Interestingly, looking at the photo of Gerard with the two investors, the male who has a young family and is no doubt doing it tougher now financially than he should have been looks more potentially ominous than the ex female colleague.

Welcome all Newbies to the forum and thank you for your insight and input.

I understand where you are coming from on this. I am going to keep away from the Remax thing for that very reason. Not sure if it really does mean anything anyway, I think it's more to do with the fact that the roundabout is like, the central turnoff point if you went that way from Brookfield via Moggill road to where the body was found.

Which reminds me, as I recall the hotspot where they said the mobile signal was triangulated to before the battery ran out took in the Moggill Road end of Rafting Ground Road. So when they found the body at Kholo Creek I envisaged the following taking into account the facts coming from police via the media:

1st step (which is presumption) Allison is murdered in or near or family home after an argument escalated.

2. Body is placed in the the vehicle which is driven towards Kenmore. Driver goes through roundabout and heads out on Moggill Road.

3. Murderer disposes of Mobile along the way, perhaps stopping at Rafting Ground Park and walking to the back of that park - does it back onto water there or at least is there a ravine or something?

4. Murderer continues along Moggill Road, takes the Karana Downs/Mt Crosby turnoff and dumps body at Kholo Creek.

Alternatively, after the actual murder, some of these elements could have happened in a different order depending on the route taken.

But maybe something else occurred at the Kenmore Roundabout that is more significant than just driving through it with the body in the car, I'm not sure.

finally a very plausible reason why the police took this missing person call so very seriously...it makes total sense. my son once dialled 000 then hung up....police arrived within very short time. if she wasnt at home but close bgy they may have had no where to arrive TO.

If she had rung 000 they would have gone to her home, they didn't go to the home and there has been no mention of a 000 call.

re: remax...THAT is also very interesting, unless you really analyse the police statement, people just assume they are talking about the roundabout. opens yet more doors and reopens old ones

Why would the Remax Kenmore office have anything to do with this when the women he had the affair with doesn't work for Remax at Toowong nor at Kenmore? Remax Kenmore has CCTV, if they thought someone in Remax Kenmore was involved don't you think they would have taken the CCTV footage?

There is a remax office but that closed sometime ago and all staff located to toowong. We really need to stop this connection with remax there is no connection with remax and the mistress - fact not a statement or thought

When the police made their plea for witnesses who "used" the roundabout between 11pm and 4am, I noted they said "near" the roundabout, not on or through or past. They said near. So there is a location "near" this roundabout that has them interested.

Be also interesting to note if there are any ATM's near that roundabout. Cause what are the things you look for when a person goes missing? use of their bank and phone?? did someone use her card after 10pm to support their story..

Very possible. Police are still appealing for any observances to be reported. There can"t have been much activity at that time of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz