Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since it was announced that Allison Baden-Clay had been reported as a missing person on 20 April by her husband Gerard, each of us here found our way to this Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community website. Some of us stumbled upon it; others knew that it existed. First of all, the posts here were directed at trying to assist in the location of Allison's whereabouts. On 1 May, it was announced that the body which had been found at Anstead was in fact Allison. Since then, the posts here have been directed at assisting in finding her killer/accomplice. It should be quite understandable that so many of us have become emotionally upset by being so involved, and now that Allison's body has been laid to rest it still remains to bring her killer/accomplice to justice. Looking back, it can seem quite surreal; especially when looking at some previous posts along the way. Those wonderful Police must have just so much evidence/information to piece together, useful or unuseful, but their latest appeal to the Public is for information in relation to:
1. The location of Allison's Mobile phone; and
2. Anyone driving near/through the roundabout (Cnr Moggill Rd & Brookfield Rd) between 11.30pm and 4am.

Maybe through reading discussions on this website, someone will be able to contribute some information in relation to 1. & 2. above.
Fingers crossed, the Police will soon have enough evidence to bring to justice, the person(s) who committed this terrible crime . RIP Allison.

http://imgur.com/W7dFd

That pic wouldnt be the Bayden Clay prado as I have the same car and the one in the cctv pic has a white spare wheel cover, his one does not.

Bayside.....I mentioned posts and posts back that it was odd the towbar ball was left on the prado in the pics of his car... as I used to have a pajero (door opened same as prado) and then I had a landcruiser....kids and shopping would usually be dragged out and in via the rear back door and the tow ball was always in the way if I left it on... I would make sure as soon as the camper was off, so too was the ball taken off...(I was forever bumping my knee or thigh on it and getting big bruisers as a result of the damn thing)

Point was not accepted by a few who owned utes/other various 4X4) saying they never took the ball off...so I have to ask....did it annoy you, considering you have the same car, to leave it on...? Or is it just me being anal?

I just feel he could have used a trailer to dispose the body...considering the tow ball was left on the prado...besides...in a panic it would have been the last thing he thought of to put back as if nothing has happened...

I was thinking too after her best friend saying 'she told me things' comment and since I read it on CM online too.

IMO it was not the abuse per se, but the deep finance - no solution available - desperate spot "it" had got them in perhaps.

I find it hard to believe that a man would kill his wife and cover it up, if there was no previous history of abuse. IMO the friend's message was more about DV than business/finances. Time will tell what really went on (I hope).

Hey guys.. Just throwing it out there... What about...

GBC and ABC's marriage is on the rocks... Everyone knows... Their families knows.. Maybe he had moved onto another women.. Who knows how long it was going on for. Staying together in the same house for the sake of the kids.. For the time being. Sleeping in separate beds. It was over due to perhaps infidelity which would explain the hatred of ABCs family towards GBC.

On that night.. ABC is watching the footy show .. Getting ready to go for her walk.. They have an argument and she storms out of the house to get some air and ,go for a walk.. And he goes to his bed.. Alone. This seems to fit with his alibi of. Both the footy show and going to bed? Perhaps might also explain the arguing that some of their neighbors have rumored to have heard. If I woke up the next morning and cannot find my partner and their bed was unslept in... Then I would call
000 immediately as I would of thought they were in an accident and are lying injured somewhere.

On ABCs walk.. She heads down to the roundabout...? Looking at the maps it could be a significant walk.. And I think I saw a petrol station near the roundabout? Or shops.. She could of been getting a drink/snack... What if she unfortunately gets hit by a car? The driver then panics and disposes of her? Or.. What if there was attempted abduction.. That could explain the screams that were Also rumored to of been heard (although I read here that they were from a party.. And I'm not sure of their location in regards to the roundabout.. I don't want to loose all my writing going back to find it!)

This could explain the police attention around the roundabout.. Could of been a scene of an accident or abduction.. Or nearby which may of had the culprit driving through the roundabout.?

I dunno..while I agree GBCs beaviour is suss as hell.. But given the tension and scenario it definitely looks bad... And some people act crazy guilty without doing anything wrong.. I am kinda similar... I guess initially I thought of someone's quote here "if it looks like a ducks, sounds likes duck, then it's a duck...".... But I dunno.. I see my above scenario as entirely plausible....? If the police said to GBC that your a likely suspect... Or gave off that feeling... Then the police may think he would jepordise any location in attempting to help search around for ABC. It would make me call a lawyer immediately as well.

That said.. I have taken the time to write it down.. Please go ahead and pick it apart hehe.

Ps. I dont know anyone personLly involved and I'm from another state.. And this is purely putting my thoughts out there for discussion. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The middle B-C child was very much a mummy's girl, very clingy to Allison, today must have been very hard for all 3 girls.

I was told today that cause of death is definitely strangulation and unless toxicology reports provide some physical evidence it may be a while before an arrest is made as most evidence is circumstantial.

We've been discussing what information could have triggered police to act so quickly - I was told that GB-C's lawyer was at the house when police arrived! GB-C told police that the kids were at home that night and one of the children said they weren't.

Bayside.....I mentioned posts and posts back that it was odd the towbar ball was left on the prado in the pics of his car... as I used to have a pajero (door opened same as prado) and then I had a landcruiser....kids and shopping would usually be dragged out and in via the rear back door and the tow ball was always in the way if I left it on... I would make sure as soon as the camper was off, so too was the ball taken off...(I was forever bumping my knee or thigh on it and getting big bruisers as a result of the damn thing)

Point was not accepted by a few who owned utes/other various 4X4) saying they never took the ball off...so I have to ask....did it annoy you, considering you have the same car, to leave it on...? Or is it just me being anal?

I just feel he could have used a trailer to dispose the body...considering the tow ball was left on the prado...besides...in a panic it would have been the last thing he thought of to put back as if nothing has happened...

Thought of you and your tow-ball interest late last night when someone here posted a screen-cap of police re-enactments last night showing a 4xwheel towing a trailer. Did you see it?

Yet how many of us, as adults, have thought about the burial which accompanies the funeral and thought about what it's like down there, under the ground, all alone, when night falls? Well, that's exactly what children think about too.

Was Allison buried or cremated? Do you know?

Regarding the possibility of having used trailer ... don't you think the media would have reported that the police also took a trailer, if there was one in the property, or do you think he hired one? Is there a trailer hire place open 24/7 nearby?

The middle B-C child was very much a mummy's girl, very clingy to Allison, today must have been very hard for all 3 girls.

I was told today that cause of death is definitely strangulation and unless toxicology reports provide some physical evidence it may be a while before an arrest is made as most evidence is circumstantial.

We've been discussing what information could have triggered police to act so quickly - I was told that GB-C's lawyer was at the house when police arrived! GB-C told police that the kids were at home that night and one of the children said they weren't.

Wow. This is explosive if factual

Thanks for your input -- always interesting

What's done is done, but I have doubts re: the wisdom in taking the children to the funeral. I know the stiff-upper lippers (way I was raised) believe children should attend the funeral as a way of 'getting them to accept it'and to accept that death is a natural part of life (as it is, of course)

Yet how many of us, as adults, have thought about the burial which accompanies the funeral and thought about what it's like down there, under the ground, all alone, when night falls? Well, that's exactly what children think about too. All around them, adults are grieving, crying, talking, drinking, etc. Attempts are made to comfort and distract the child's thoughts. It's told to go to sleep and not think about it any more. They're subject to platitudes. Told Mummy is in heaven and everything will be alright. The adults act as if the children are blind, deaf and incapable of independent thought, very often. It's expected children will magically 'get over it', as if the death of an adored mother were similar to a case of measles

And alone in the dark, within earshot of adult conversation, the child thinks about mummy. Wants mummy to come and comfort and hug and smile and make everything happy and normal again. The child also thinks about the casket and where it went and where mummy is now. I wouldn't have taken the children to the funeral. The casket departing in the hearse was too stark, too horrific in its implications, too cruel in its reality, imo

It's a tough one. In some ways i agree, its like ripping their hearts out twice! However at the same time, it creates a solid platform for them to look back on, a "clean break" or time marker - a milestone. Its hard to put into words. In the future they might look back and be grateful that they had a chance to say goodbye to their Mom, same as everyone else had the chance to do, despite the pain. But then again i go back to the feeling of it needlessly dragging them through the pain again. I don't think there will be regrets after the pain eases. Nevertheless they were a beautiful testimony to their Mom!

Considering the circumstances, I believe all the family were dignified at the funeral and it went off as well as could be expected.
I have no problem with GBC not being a pallbearer, I don't think anything he could have done today would have looked right.
I wonder if he was tempted to top himself to avoid going, today was probably the hardest day of his life, facing up to what he had done and how his daughters will lose both parents,and knowing he was responsible for all the grief around him, He and Alison must have loved each other once upon a time, I suspect if he could turn back the clock a few weeks he would do so.
I still believe he is guilty but don't think it was premeditated, too poorly planned for that.

WOW ... the plot thickens!

Most certainly, it would be my pleasure ... because links come up faster here than anywhere else.

Furthermore, I gave absolute kudos to those members who absolutely deserved it in the post to which you refer. And there was I, pleased as punch, at how restrained I was, ah well.

Having been a practising medium for some 21 years, only consulting those who've lost loved ones in unfortunate circumstances, I tend to get extremely antsy when demeanours do not reflect a given situation appropriately.

Oh dear, SoSad.

We have to be nice to one another on this forum - if we say mean things Kimster will come after us with her raygun!

I did not see the stream either..just the reporters out the front over and over, which I tuned out to and so could not say really what they said or did not say about GBC.. But I understand where you are coming from. Imaging if he is not as guilty as all suspect. What if he actually had nothing to do with it but maybe is aware who did, maybe there is more to the story than we know- maybe the 'close friend' did and maybe she had help from someone- maybe her and GBC were not together, maybe, maybe... The point is All roads appear to us to point one way, but I feel very deeply for him and the rest of the family if he is indeed not guilty. He will also be going though hell. But many(not just here) are making so many judgements on him and what he should or shouldn't be doing or that he should not be allowed to grieve with the family etc. But what if he is innocent? He should be allowed to grieve and act however he needs, if he had no part in this crime.

Hey...I didnt wanna say this....I didnt wanna sound so heartless but...Could it be that his hot shot lawyer has been instructing him what to do, how to act???....Lindy Chamberlains did(this came out years later) she was instructed to show no emotion, dont say this, dont say that...wear this way, walk that way...hold your head down...etc She made a statement later to say if she had of acted as she wanted to....she felt none of the scrutiny would have occured....

I remember having many acting instructions for one of my roles (sales) on how best to stand, how not to hold your hands....Thinking a hot shot lawyer would employ actors to instruct high profile clients that have to deal with media wot to and not do....

Geez..even the defence force hires media advisers for their troops...!

Considering the circumstances, I believe all the family were dignified at the funeral and it went off as well as could be expected.
I have no problem with GBC not being a pallbearer, I don't think anything he could have done today would have looked right.
I wonder if he was tempted to top himself to avoid going, today was probably the hardest day of his life, facing up to what he had done and how his daughters will lose both parents,and knowing he was responsible for all the grief around him, He and Alison must have loved each other once upon a time, I suspect if he could turn back the clock a few weeks he would do so.
I still believe he is guilty but don't think it was premeditated, too poorly planned for that.

GB-C phoned a friend of mine at the beginning of the week to ask if he would come to the funeral, my friend said GB-C was only just holding himself together today. So IMO I don't think GB-C would have managed to be a pall bearer either.
My friend also wonders if GB-C would top himself in the coming weeks (if he is guilty which my friend is not convinced he is) rather than face owning up to his girls that he killed their mother.

BrizzychickinUSA

did you see the screen-cap posted here late last night which showed a snatch of police re-enactments last night in the area of the roundabout, etc.? The screen-cap showed a 4xwheel towing a trailer (your theory)

Hey...I didnt wanna say this....I didnt wanna sound so heartless but...Could it be that his hot shot lawyer has been instructing him what to do, how to act???....Lindy Chamberlains did(this came out years later) she was instructed to show no emotion, dont say this, dont say that...wear this way, walk that way...hold your head down...etc She made a statement later to say if she had of acted as she wanted to....she felt none of the scrutiny would have occured....

I remember having many acting instructions for one of my roles (sales) on how best to stand, how not to hold your hands....Thinking a hot shot lawyer would employ actors to instruct high profile clients that have to deal with media wot to and not do....

Geez..even the defence force hires media advisers for their troops...!

I'd say that's a definite brizzy

GB-C phoned a friend of mine at the beginning of the week to ask if he would come to the funeral, my friend said GB-C was only just holding himself together today. So IMO I don't think GB-C would have managed to be a pall bearer either.
My friend also wonders if GB-C would top himself in the coming weeks (if he is guilty which my friend is not convinced he is) rather than face owning up to his girls that he killed their mother.

Thank you again and yes, worries about GBCs state of mind must be concerning for those associated with him

Wonder if he has anyone around him to say ' Listen, nothing's as bad as we imagine it to be. It's not too late to make a clean breast. Lawyers will use you for their own aggrandisement. In the process, they'll strip you bare and take whatever money you have - money which your kids will need, believe me, in the future. Spit it out. Go to the police now and tell them everything. Get it off your shoulders and let the chips fall where they may'?

Or, instead, are people trying to cover their own backsides and reputations by encouraging GBC to hide behind vultures -- erm, lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong