GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing on my news either alot of it was about the minors.:( very sad.hopefully we will hear something soon,still have the 6o clock news yet.
fee

Nah haven't checked FB. Was nothing on channel 7 or 9 news in SA. Might be worthwhile to check out ABC news later though.

It is 6.22pm here now and there was nothing on the news about the murder case.
They have moved on to sports news now.

Either the arguments are still going on in the court, or the name is still suppressed and no news channel wants to comment on whatever has been said in the court today.

The news have covered the trivial stuff like Prince William's wedding (not that it is trival to him, but you know what I mean), and so I think it is looking good foe the acussed at this point.

If the supression order has been continued, they must be protecting him because they are not sure their evidence will lead to a conviction.

If they are still arguing the case and no decision about the supression order has been made yet, then the defencse must have a good reason for wanting the order to continue, and that must be taking a long time to discuss.

Name must still be suppressed....if not they would have rushed to be first to publish it. And the suppression order does not mean the evidence is weak or that he may not be guilty. It just means that for now, as was the case with Carl Williams killer his name is suppressed. Not evidence related at all.

I hope there is some chance this is still being argued over, and there were a large number of representatives there from a variety of media groups.

I just called the Adelaide newspapers, the woman that I spoke to knew nothing and would not give away anything. She said to watch tomorrows paper and asked if the hearing was today! Being from another State she said to keep watching the news. (I am from Victoria). So please guys from other states watch the news. I am impatient at times but can be patient =- sigh! Looks like the focus is all on the NZ tragedy - plenty to answer for from there too!

You know what, we need to get chummy with the reporters covering this story....

Hi all, I went to the Elizabeth Magistrates Court today, court room 1 at 2.15pm and sat in the public gallery and listened to cases until 2.50pm (I had an appointment to get to at 3pm). In the time that I was there, there was no mention of the Rowe case or the accused. There was no media there at all, only one police officer lurking around and generally not many people around (not like last time....it was packed when the accused appeared). I did see a video conference with an offender appearing on the 'big screen', however it was an entirely different case. Throughout the various cases being heard, the magistrate did make references to changes in the scheduling of cases for today (eg "well this case was supposed to be heard at 10am this morning but has been rescheduled for this afternoon").

I guess there are a number of scenarios here....the case may have been heard early this morning (which I doubt because surely we would've heard something), after 2.50pm when I left (which I doubt because again we probably would've heard something by now), it could've been heard in another location/court room (but again we probably would've heard something by now) or it has been rescheduled for another day....?

Does anyone have a copy of the listing for the Elizabeth Magistrates court today? I've been on the web to have a look but they now have tomorrow's listing on there.

Sorry guys...how disappointing....

Well maybe it was rescheduled....is there any hope of that? And thank you so much for heading over.....we should have set you up on twitter so we could have a blow - by - blow ... next time maybe?

Well maybe it was rescheduled....is there any hope of that? And thank you so much for heading over.....we should have set you up on twitter so we could have a blow - by - blow ... next time maybe?

LOL! Yeah for sure....I will definately be at the February hearing:eek:

Perhaps they totally changed it so no-one would turn up. Maybe it was this morning and that was why the other one was rescheduled? Think about it, it's a good way to keep the suppressed information secret.

How again did we know there was another case today regarding what to release? Where was this reported?

*edit* No matter, I see that it's just been answered above

Well I'll be away from my PC until Friday. Take care all

Oh! One more thing, Lera or anyone really.. If you have an iphone or something similar you can always visit here. I use an app called Tapatalk that makes the forums here very navigation friendly on my iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74